Anyone still here?

So uhhhh where did the first part of the year go? Yea, you tell me… because I’m over here still feeling like it should be riiiiight around March 21st, maybe April… and it’s July 2nd. Cool. Glad that it’s  Summer and that means next up, it’s Christmas. See ya later 2018. But seriously, I haven’t had much motivation to blog or run in the beginning of the year and for some reason, in my mind, those two go hand in hand. I always think that my (very small) audience will only want to read about running so therefore when I don’t run, I don’t write. It doesn’t truly make sense because I still have a lot to share and this is my small little space on the internet and I should jot down a few things here and there to look back on and laugh at later down the road. Like the photos and graphics I used to share that look like they are from 1998.Anyways, a quick recap to get you up to speed.January – I ran 35 miles. Felt pretty good. Alyssa FINALLY started crawling around a bit more and we went to Knotts Berry Farm a few times. At the end of January, B’s dad was very sick and it was unfortunately the beginning of a long stint in ICU. It was a really emotionally and physically draining time for our entire family and running towards the end of the month took a backseat. February – 24 miles in the book, C & A were sick on and off which makes running difficult when you’re up a few times during the night. B’s dad had started improving a bit but we still didn’t know how things would end up so a lot of time was spent at the hospital and back and forth. February 21st was actually the first day that C & A started to play together for the first time! I know because I have photos of them crawling after each other. It was crazy to actually see them interact together, and took long enough!March – 11 miles. Eek, this is where my motivation left me, and I don’t know where it went! I did go to an amazing Bachelorette party for one of my college best friends and it was such a fun weekend away. We toured the Malibu Wine Farm and went on a Hike and fed Stanley the Giraffe. Bryan’s dad was finally waking up and starting to improve a lot, which was a miracle and answer to prayers. He finally got to come home right in time for A’s 1st Birthday Party!April – 5 miles. HAHA. So there’s that. We had A’s First Birthday Party and it was so much fun. We decided to do it at the local park and I’m so glad we went that route. It was so easy and clean up was throwing the table cloths into the trash can. We also were able to go to Disneyland with tickets that they gave to the LAFD Firefighters and took Cora. It was such a fun, special day for all of us! Another very special event was Bryan’s Promotion Dinner at his Station. He was recently promoted to Engineer and it’s a tradition to have a dinner for your station before you move to the next station. It was a great evening seeing all the guys and thanking them for helping him throughout the 2 year long testing process.May I started off great and ran a total of 38 miles. I also was doing a lot of weight resistance training in my garage gym, which is a very generous term for the space I use. This month proved for even more interaction and more fights between these two. We’ve also frequented the local equestrian center quite a few times and have some favorite animals over there. Lately, pushing these two isn’t as easy as it used to be. There is a lot of poking and arguing with no words and hitting. I know it’s the stage Alyssa’s in and hopefully it will get better over time. By the last mile I’m sprinting home to get them to stop screaming at each other and the last quarter mile Cora’s always crying to get out. So if you see a crazy person sprinting with two screaming children, she’s not kid napping them! Overall, the beginning of the year had a lot of struggles and a lot of excitement and joy at the same time. Seems like I’m getting my motivation to work out and write back. June recap coming up next… Stay tuned…

Previous Post

563 Comments

• Reply menage a trois harness

“I have recently started a web site, the information you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. Character is much easier kept than recovered. by Thomas Paine.”

August 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
  • Reply affordable auto insurance Nampa ID

Le 12 octobre possibilité de l’avoir en boutique sfr? donc il ne sera pas dual carrier ni 4g? car d’autre site dise qu’il n’est pas compatible 4g mais dual carrier oui

August 15, 2018 at 10:46 am
  • Reply non owners car insurance quotes Gulfport MS

Kuuul blogg:-) Kanskje jeg ikke følger godt nok med men jeg leser en del blogger fast og fant deg først i dag. Liker det du skriver.

August 15, 2018 at 10:52 am
  • Reply rotulos

Very neat blog post.

August 15, 2018 at 10:55 am
  • Reply cheapest car insurance in Lillington NC

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I¡¦ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

August 15, 2018 at 1:00 pm
  • Reply non owners auto insurance quotes Savannah GA

Energizer, Wonderbra, Matchbox, this newish detergent/stain remover/P&G fad, Strong Coffee, Che Guevara, Hitler, Bush, sound prof windows, Anti-flea dog collars.That’s Cannes for you this year.How fucking boring.

August 15, 2018 at 1:29 pm
  • Reply suba pron

a4CoVS Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you

August 15, 2018 at 3:10 pm
  • Reply non owners car insurance quotes Pittston PA

It’s sad to see an era in Heavy Metal come to an end. Although I am sure that there will be new great bands that still have to be discovered. They can never have the same background as the bands had of the NWOBH era. So the ‘feeling’ wont be the same. but I guess that’s life…

August 15, 2018 at 9:49 am
  • Reply car insurance rates Middletown NJ

you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a fantastic job in this topic!

August 15, 2018 at 10:08 am
  • Reply cheap car insurance Nashville TN

I do pay for SOME of them, I’m not saying that they’re not worth to pay for, they’re just not worth that much, if they cost a little less and I’ll be ok to buy them.

August 15, 2018 at 12:42 pm
  • Reply cheapest car insurance in Noblesville IN

they’ve told him he’s annoying. Whoa. I couldn’t believe it. I asked if he was bothering them when they said that, and he said, “No, just when I go tell them something, they say something sarcastic back to me like ‘Wow, that’s so interesting’ and then say ‘Gosh, you’re so annoying’. Only a couple of kids find what I say interesting.” WOW. I nearly cried.

August 15, 2018 at 1:29 pm
  • Reply low income car insurance San Bernardino CA

Looks deliciously yummy! My daughter loves Oreos! Thank you for the recipe!I can't make the pin it button work tho, so since I follow you, I'll go there, after I drool over the rest of your pics!

August 15, 2018 at 1:53 pm
  • Reply low income car insurance dmv Kansas City MO

Sorry about you ordeal, but this is a happening everywhere, i witnessed this kind of harassment in the good old united States and not that I am justifying this sickness but it is happening in the most so called”civilized” societies , and that kind of behavior should be stopped and confronted it..

August 15, 2018 at 3:22 pm