La Palma 5K Race Recap

Whoooooweeeee I haven’t run a race in a long time and this little 4th of July race was a good place to start up again. I love running races. They are so fun and make everyday running more enjoyable when you’re training for something or have a goal in mind. I knew I had this race coming up on my calendar so it kept me going when I was tired or didn’t want to run in the mornings.

Race morning I was tieeeerd and didn’t want to get out of bed. I contemplated even going to the race for about 20 minutes, and texted Mary Kate, who I was suppose to meet up, if she was still going to go. Alyssa had gotten up once for a feeding and we went to bed way too late. We were also planning to host a block party on the 4th and preparing for that, my body was sore. I had pretty much every excuse in the book. Once I finally got moving though I knew I should go run it and before I could change my mind, I was driving towards the start line. I wore my Sparkle Athletic Blue Skirt, a tank and my high American flag socks I randomly got in London 6 years ago.

Once I got there I had a Honey Stinger waffle. I’ve been eating these before running lately because I find I need a little something in my stomach and my stomach is very particular before running. These are light and give me just enough energy to not feel exhausted. MK showed up and we were off to the start line to get our bibs. This race is seriously a local gem. It’s small, easily accessible, tons of parking, cheap and has popsicles at the end. Always a fun way to start off the fourth and I’ve been running it for a LONG time now. I only missed the year I was super pregnant with Cora. Another perk of this small race? Free Race Photos. What a great way to celebrate America’s Freedom!

Once we got our bibs, I noticed the shirts were different this year and love it! It’s a soft, lightweight blue t-shirt which is much better than a cheapie dryfit. We walked over to the start line and we ready to go all in about 10 minutes! The joys of a small race. After a very nice national anthem we were off. In the beginning I felt like I should have signed up for the 10K, but about a mile in I was glad I was only going to be doing the 5K. The first 4-5 minutes I tried to relax and not go out to fast, something I always do and pay for it at the end. It was a warm day even in the morning and I didn’t want to struggle at the end for trying to hard in the beginning.

Once we hit the one mile mark, I was glad we only had 2 miles left. I had opted to not take the stroller since both of the girls were sleeping at home and I honestly think I could have run faster with it! Before I knew it we were rounding the last street and heading into the last section of the race. I had the goal of finishing in around 26 minutes, but I knew that wasn’t going to happen because I was feeling tired and hot. My legs were getting really heavy and I know it’s because I had only been back to running for a little over a month. We neared the finish line and it was nice to be done. I finished in 28:05 and was pretty happy with my pacing. I’m so glad I didn’t sign up for the 10K, I would have struggled, especially in the heat.

After MK finished, we got popsicles and gathered our shirts and car keys. My legs were a bit sore but not as much as I thought they would be but my back was very sore the next day. I’m so glad I ended up running and had such a good time. It made me think about what races I want to do in the near future and how to train for each one. I’m still playing around with the idea of a fall half marathon, so we’ll see how my summer training goes!

The rest of the day we had a great block party, our first annual, and it was really fun! We started the day off with a parade and then had a chili cookoff and finished it with fireworks.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

573 Comments

• Reply cheap non owners insurance in Allen Park MI

Haine si accesoriile create de tineri designeri, pseudo-cunoscuti. Targuri de genul Autor 5.0 si Absolutely Fabulous au dovedit ca se desprinde un grup de tineri care isi doresc sa fie altfel decat masa mall-urilor. Moda handmade si a etichetelor de designeri romani necunoscuti dar cu imaginatie este in plina expansiune. Este fara indoiala un trend cu potential in Romania, invatata atatia ani cu uniforma si uniformizarea.

August 15, 2018 at 7:18 am
  • Reply full coverage car insurance Chino Hills CA

e lei, gibici, non si accorge di fare quella di Sancho Panza di sua sua santità tedesca??? Sui Lanzi insisto: il loro trionfo più grande è stato quello di avere messo nel sacco tutti i creduloni come lei,italici per primi… E intanto se la godono, ripeto, nei Palazzi di quel potere che loro dicono di avere superato ( a parole….)

August 15, 2018 at 8:55 am
  • Reply cheapest car insurance in Harlingen TX

Por favor, já que gostam tanto de mim, fazem marchas por mim, que achem um goleiro que saiba sair do gol, que não seja de botão.Que me concedam de presente um lateral direito, já que o Bolívar é zagueiro, e que ponham dois zagueiros que pulem, e não sejam cavalos cansados como Indio e Alvaro.Obrigado.

August 15, 2018 at 9:22 am
  • Reply buba suba

3vOx2A Very good blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

August 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
  • Reply list of car insurances in Middletown DE

Totally. WAPF is legit REAL food. Kerf strikes me as way too lazy to be bothered with the labor intensive lactofermented Nourishing Traditions recipes and I am sure the Fakery is not presoaking grains for real authentic sourdogh. WAP would roll in his grave is he could see her barney butter slathered, scuffin crumbledm rainbow sprinkle topped oat-bominations.

August 15, 2018 at 11:20 am
  • Reply affordable car insurance Racine WI

This is an interesting concept that we can share with others and explain. The reason being simply that if you understand the future of our govenment lies in your hands as a voter, you’re going to be thinking of more and better ways to have yourself represented in the white house.

August 15, 2018 at 12:18 pm
  • Reply low income auto insurance dmv Syracuse NY

Kyle on 2011å¹´11月29æ—¥ at 04:34Thanks for putting on the show for 60 episodes so far. Been watching since the start. Just got my RG Freedom in the mail on Saturday and can’t wait to start painting it.

August 15, 2018 at 12:50 pm
  • Reply cheap full coverage auto insurance Wheaton IL

P.S I’ve posted photos to the flickr pool of the rainbow pasta salad which was also a great treat! I had it for lunch today and it was even better than when I took a taste of it after making it yesterday. The addition of poppy seeds is really unique I think and a nice touch!

August 15, 2018 at 3:10 pm
  • Reply cheapest car insurance in Levittown NY

good web site .thanks for creating such web site.it gives immense pleasure to see such web site as the site is created by a genuine OMSA lover.lets kick out such culprits who are hands in gloves with govt. functionaries and scavanging the interest of thousands of innocent OMSA members serving the people of state residing in the most remote part of state. Was this answer helpful?

August 15, 2018 at 4:11 pm
  • Reply auto owners insurance Eagle Mountain UT

comenta en una entrada que ha descubierto un plugin capaz de controlar los tags meta-robots de las entradas de WordPress así como de una infinidad de lugares más, permitiendo una óptima configuración

August 15, 2018 at 5:04 pm
  • Reply cheap auto insurance Nacogdoches TX

download cool app for ipod or droid called junowallet and earn free stuff like starbucks and xboxlive itunes gift cards and alot more all you have to do is download the app and type in MK291273!!!!! and get FREE stuff!!!!

August 15, 2018 at 6:50 am
  • Reply car insurance rates Fayetteville GA

I was at the show in Pittsburgh and I have to say soooo much fun! You were shocked when we cheered at any mention of zombies.. but I mean we are Zombie-burgh. Well we're certainly glad you came and hope you come back! Oh! and thanks for signing my jeans! :]

August 15, 2018 at 8:15 am
  • Reply auto owners insurance Ozone Park NY

Unrelated to flubs, just wanted you to know that the old man with the cane at the basketball game is the UU-Ahh Man! He’s been doing that getup for like 20 years or something and is my absolute FAVORITE!!

August 15, 2018 at 8:30 am
  • Reply affordable car insurance Pinellas Park FL

Uncovered your short article quite intriguing in fact. I truly loved looking at it and you make quite some great details. I am going to bookmark this web site for the long run! Relly good post.

August 15, 2018 at 9:06 am
  • Reply look auto insurance Downers Grove IL

It reminds me of the x-ray machine for luggage for people coming out of Gaza — which doesn’t have a shelf to catch the baggage on the other side, so that your baggage just falls directly on the ground.It seems sometimes that they will do anything to grind people’s faces into the ground any way they can. It’s like they have cruelty tourettes.

August 15, 2018 at 10:04 am
  • Reply auto acceptance insurance Southaven MS

Hallo,habe ein Navigon 72 plus und kann leider nicht, wie bei älteren Navigongeräten, dauerhaft die Geschwindigkeit und momentane Höhe im Display anzeigen lassen.Gibt es eine Lösung.Danke für eine Info.Ulli Matheis

August 15, 2018 at 10:26 am
  • Reply http://immobilienkredit.club/

Tom6 August 2010John, How about a Detroit, Chicago or Indy date?. Hope you can add some more dates in these cities. Always have loved your music.

August 15, 2018 at 10:41 am
  • Reply car insurance in Rolla MO

i like how all videos say blottes and stuff can be purchased at your local homebrew shop , seriously i lived in ATL and Charl. NC, bot major cities and havent found anything remotely close to thess so called homebrew shop

August 15, 2018 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply no down payment auto insurance in Bountiful UT

NJ, I'm so happy you enjoyed the book! Thank you for telling me you related to it — when I wrote it, I was hoping it would be a story people could relate to. Wishing you a Merry Christmas as well and hope your day was very happy and your New Year is full of surprises & joy!

August 15, 2018 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply free auto insurance quotes Wheaton IL

91 Jun 17, 2012 00:50 congratulations my friend! i’ve been a bit away from my reader and now that i’m catching up i cannot believe how much i missed in your beautiful life! you have been so blessed lately and so many good things have been happening! you deserve them all! i hope you have a beautiful and restful weekend! twiggs

August 15, 2018 at 4:09 pm
  • Reply cheap auto insurance quotes Latham NY

I think this is a wicked post. I’m chuffed that I saw your post. Can I point out a few things, The web site style is brilliant, the posts are really great! . Good job, cheers!

August 15, 2018 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply list of car insurances in Elk Grove CA

I guess this doesn’t make any sense for ipod touch 2.0.1. I mean I’ve updated 2.0.1 from 2.0 and I can’t download the firmware 2.0.1 for ipod touch anywhere. I can’t download the 2.0 firmware anywhere. googling only displays firmware 2.0.1 download links for iphones. I guess pawning 2.0 and then upgrading to 2.0.1 from itunes doesn’t make any sense. does it? it means i’m left with only one option – pwning ipod touch 2.0. is there a way to download ipod touch 2.0.1 so that I can pwng it?

August 15, 2018 at 8:18 am
  • Reply cheapest auto insurance in Blue Springs MO

I absolutely love your candor!!! I think that more writer’s should institute regiments of harsh reality infused with derogatory terms, simply for effects. Though I’m not familiar with this person, because I’m openly ok with being out of the loop regarding the news media, I think she sounds like a freak and props to you for advising murder. I concur!!! Keep rockin it out.

August 15, 2018 at 4:16 pm