My goals for the month of January were:
1. Sign up for a race – Done! It did motivate me to sign up for a race and give me a lot of drive to train for it! I think I will try to run another race in March and will keep signing up for small 5Ks and 10Ks to keep me motivated. Once C gets into the Bob without the carseat I know running will be easier to put into our schedule!
2. Run 3 days a week – Done! This was actually challenging so I know 3 days a week is good for me right now. There were some REALLY challenging runs in this too which I know is because of the lack of sleep I’m getting. So I am going to keep this goal the same for the month of February. I’d like to get in one ‘long run’ a week though.
3. Eat Healthy – I actually did fairly well with this too. Less drinking, more smoothies and a good amount of cheese. I started tracking my food too which always makes me eat much healthier.
4. Blog 3 times a week – I am attempting to do this still! I’ll be happy with 2 times a week. I did much better last month and then my laptop stopped working, so we are working on getting that fixed!
Overall, I ran 32 miles and walked 10 miles, which I am happy with. My average pace was probably right around 9 minutes per mile which, to be honest is a bit discouraging, but I know it will just take time and I’ll be back to my 8:30s soon. I know the biggest thing these next few months is going to be consistency to start feeling back to my normal self.
I am thinking of running a half marathon come fall to see where I’m at and give me a big goal to train for. I just don’t think a marathon is in the cards this year with so much adjustment to schedules and figuring out life with this little monkey, but that’s okay, a half marathon will be fun and a good goal to shoot for.
We also had a good month as a family and are getting back into the swing of things of B working and being gone and my schedule with practice. We even had the chance to head to Knotts Berry Farm to visit Snoopy! It was pretty fun. Onto this month… My February Goals are to:
1. Run 3 times a week including 1 long run (6 miles or more) I know the key to getting in the long run is going to be scheduling a time to do it, no matter the day. I also know I need to just go run when I have the opportunity instead of being lazy.
2. Do 1 strengthening workouts during the week. I haven’t done this before but I think doing some weights during nap time will help with getting my body back into shape. Nap time would be the perfect time to try this out and will also prepare me for going back to the gym which I hope to do in the near future. I am going to try to do some videos online or DVDs I have. We’ll see how this works out.
3. Purge a huge chunk of my closet. I know I have a bunch of stuff that I don’t wear and I just need to get rid of it, instead of holding onto it for ‘that one time I might wear it.’ I do this a lot but it’s time to get rid of most of it and reorganize my shelfs in there. Boring but true! Another nap time chore.
Here’s to a great month of LOVE! :)