Cleared for Take Off!

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 2.28.14 PMEvery time I open my closet, I would see these brand new running shoes wrapped up in their tissue sitting in the box. It’s been 10 weeks since I had Cora and it took me a really long time to be cleared for physical activity again. Add that into the time I took off from running while being pregnant and you have one ansty person waiting to get back out there. At first, I was really angry about the whole situation. I really wanted to start running again asap and it made me feel restricted. It’s been a long time coming and to say I’ve missed it is an understatement.

It’s been hard not being able to do something I’ve been able to do so freely and that I was looking forward to doing again shortly after I gave birth. You read all these things about how people are running right after they have their babies, but just like babies and birth stories, everyone is different and I just tried to focus on that instead of feeling so frustrated. I didn’t think that my recovery would take so long but I am glad I listened to my doctor and waited to get the final go-ahead. Finally, I got the okay!

So here we are… ready to make a comeback. I think.

Now… Where to start? When I walked out of the doctors office I felt like I wanted to just run down the street just to see if I could still run. I know I will have to ease back into things and make sure that I still listen to my body when I start back up. I think I will start this next month just running when I can and how far I feel comfortable with with no schedule, plan or certain mileage to hit. I’d love to sign up for a race in the upcoming months but I don’t want to put that pressure on myself just yet because I don’t know how long it will take me to ramp back up both endurance wise and distance wise. Maybe in the New Year we will see where I’m at and what distance I want to try first. I will say I’ve been itching to run another marathon.

Another thing for me to figure out is how to run with a stroller. We go often for walks, but I know running will be very different and hopefully Cora likes it! I know if B is home, I can always leave her here and head out for a bit, but I do want to be able to run if he’s at work as. This is all a new adventure.

Right now I’m just so excited to be able to attempt to run again and to figure out our new routine that will hopefully include some outdoor running time together! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We have so many blessings to be thankful for this year.

Previous Post Next Post

11 Comments

• Reply Natalie @ Never Serious Blog

Seriously – cannot wait to hear about your journey! I feel like I didn’t miss running so much in the beginning (when it was puke and nap time ALL DAY EVERY DAY) but now that I’m enormous, I seriously am having DREAMS about how freeing it used to be to run. I’m walking a lot these days, but that’s about it, especially as I’m getting bigger and feeling more pressure, but I’m excited and terrified to think about what it will be like to return to running after taking more than half a year off. Sweet and well-meaning people keep saying things like, “oh you’ll bounce right back!” but part of me is like…well, what if I DON’T? It’s a scary time, but also exciting, so I really am so excited to follow along with your journey!

November 25, 2015 at 3:52 pm
  • Reply Tiffany

Good luck out there! It takes a little time to get your groove back so be patient with your body. I made and delivered a whole human being. When I was 8 weeks postpartum, my husband and I went for a run. In my mind I was thinking, “I’ll start slow and go for five miles.” Ha! Joke was on me and I could barely do one. If you’re nursing that adds a whole other element of “fun.” After about a month, I started to feel good running again. I became quite the jogging stroller pro and BOB is the best (Revolution, I’ve had the Ironman too but the Revolution is better). Worth every penny! In fact, I think Target has some really great Black Friday sales and I believe you can get it for a good deal. You may already have one though. Having a baby certainly is a great running motivator. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2015 at 4:51 pm
  • Reply Librarian on the Run

Yay! You must be really excited about getting back to running. Now you’ll be able to get a nice upper-body workout with the addition of a stroller! I’m just getting back to running myself after a year of injury and rehabilitation, so I’m in a similar spot. I expect it will be exciting. :-) Good luck, and happy Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2015 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Running mommy

My kids LOVED the jogger. One used to climb in by himself whenever he saw it out. I actually liked running with it because as my kids got older it became an activity we enjoyed together.

November 25, 2015 at 8:39 pm
  • Reply Shannon

I’m so excited for you and your new adventure! I know that if anyone can do it, you can!

November 29, 2015 at 2:13 pm
  • Reply nmd

Would you be interested in exchanging hyperlinks?

July 9, 2018 at 4:16 pm
  • Reply yeezy boost 350 v2

Thanks for all of the effort on this blog. Kate loves carrying out investigations and it’s easy to see why. My partner and i know all concerning the dynamic means you produce both useful and interesting secrets via this website and as well as strongly encourage contribution from other individuals on that matter so our princess is undoubtedly understanding so much. Enjoy the rest of the new year. You’re the one conducting a first class job.

July 9, 2018 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply yeezy shoes

I truly wanted to compose a word in order to say thanks to you for the precious guidelines you are placing on this website. My time-consuming internet research has at the end of the day been recognized with excellent ideas to share with my relatives. I ‘d suppose that most of us website visitors are unequivocally fortunate to exist in a decent community with many brilliant people with good suggestions. I feel quite privileged to have encountered the webpages and look forward to plenty of more exciting minutes reading here. Thanks once again for all the details.

July 14, 2018 at 10:43 am
  • Reply yeezy boost 350

Thank you a lot for giving everyone a very brilliant chance to read from this blog. It’s usually so kind plus packed with amusement for me personally and my office friends to search your web site nearly three times in 7 days to study the newest stuff you have. Not to mention, I am usually fascinated concerning the remarkable inspiring ideas you serve. Some 3 points on this page are in truth the finest I’ve had.

July 18, 2018 at 2:45 pm
  • Reply lebron soldier 10

I wish to point out my love for your kind-heartedness for men who require help on this situation. Your special dedication to getting the solution up and down was quite productive and has frequently empowered women much like me to achieve their objectives. Your amazing informative recommendations denotes a great deal to me and a whole lot more to my fellow workers. Thanks a lot; from each one of us.

July 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm
  • Reply kyrie 4

I’m commenting to make you understand of the extraordinary experience my wife’s princess developed browsing your site. She discovered such a lot of things, with the inclusion of what it is like to have an awesome coaching mood to let a number of people with ease know precisely chosen hard to do subject matter. You undoubtedly exceeded readers’ desires. I appreciate you for producing the necessary, safe, informative and easy guidance on that topic to Tanya.

July 20, 2018 at 2:21 pm