August… Walk It Out!

So during the month of August I got in a lot more walking and I’m getting closer to running again soon! I hit my goal of 40 miles for the month, which was a few more than I did in July and I felt decent all month long. I even got in some bleachers at practice – which was nice to get my heart rate up and not be running and feeling awkward. Towards the end of the month there was a pretty rough heat wave… which I’m glad has now left!

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 8.00.10 PMThe house projects are pretty much done now and I finally got to start on organizing the nursery and putting some things in there, which made me feel way better about the approaching month of September!

At 36 weeks, I told B it was finally time to put in the carseat and he went out to my car and said, well this isn’t happening. So we started looking at a few used cars and found a GMC that we liked and was really reasonable. B kept my old car which he now calls his go-kart for driving to work because it gets such great gas mileage and to be honest, I’m glad we could keep it a while longer, I was sad thinking about parting with it.

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 8.00.22 PMAs for the baby update, all my doctor check ups have been good and everything is going well, I just start to struggle with backache and hip pain at night. And the heartburn… holy toledo! A peach, some ice cream, peanuts, tomatoes, a slice of bread. It all just burns. Only a few more weeks though. I always joke to B that I turn into a pumpkin at night. I am getting more and more excited to actually know the sex of the baby! As we get closer and closer I am SO tempted to just ask the doctor to tell me, but I know continuing to wait will make it that much more worth it. I honestly cannot believe we made it this far, it’s been so fun though. I also love hearing what people guess it is.

I know that I am getting amped to run again after I recover and looking forward to having that back into my routine and also am looking forward to heading back to the gym when I am ready! I’ve really missed that these last few months and know it will be good for me to get back into a routine even though it will now be adjusted for our new little person.

I can’t believe it’s finally September – the month our family and hearts will grow! I’m looking forward to so many firsts including hopefully our first walk together soon!

Previous Post Next Post

9 Comments

• Reply Jackie

Danica, you look beautiful and I’m so excited for you! Also– I love those shorts you have on in the bleachers photo–where are they from?

September 2, 2015 at 8:20 am
  • Reply Bonnie Dewkett

I’m so excited for you. I love hearing about your journey and quite honestly, I think that this story will be helpful to a lot of women as well, not just your speedy runs :) xoxoxo

September 2, 2015 at 8:23 am
  • Reply Librarian on the Run

Way to go! Glad to hear that the heat wave broke. Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about this little one.

September 2, 2015 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Natalie @ Never Serious Blog

You are my HERO! Finally starting to feel like less of a zombie and just a messy 1-2 mile walk feels like a marathon, so YOU are my inspiration :) Can’t wait to see that precious baby!

September 2, 2015 at 9:03 am
  • Reply Britt @SparklesaurusTreks

I love that you don’t know the sex. I would be the same way but agree that it would be challenging not to ask. What a fun surprise on the birth day!

September 2, 2015 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Monika

So exciting that you are in the home stretch! The sex of the baby was a surprise for us too. I almost caved a few times and wanted to find out but I’m glad in the end we waited! We were pretty sure we were having a boy though and had only agreed on a boy name and had to decide between a few final girl names in the hospital. Hope you have both names ready to go! Enjoy your last few weeks before your baby comes. It all goes by in blur once they’re here!

September 2, 2015 at 3:56 pm
  • Reply heather

Hi. I just started reading your blog. Pregnancy is so exciting. I’ve had three all boys, which I am so thankful for. I am very impressed that you continued to run throughout your pregnancy. Your blog is great and I am looking forward to following it.
    bakingrunner@blogspot.com

September 3, 2015 at 10:36 am
  • Reply heather

bakingrunner.blogspot.com

September 3, 2015 at 10:39 am
  • Reply Tiffany

You look amazing! Good for you for keeping up the fitness routine. It’s not an easy thing to do as the weeks progress. I’m guessing boy!

September 3, 2015 at 4:49 pm