Back on track

Well, my best friend is officially married and now our CRAZY fall is finally winding down. The holidays seem like they will be a breeze this year! Something that has gone on the back burner recently is running because I didn’t have any extra time to get in any running or working out. Sometimes life happens and you just need to go with the flow. I’m thankful for the fact I was able to enjoy all the fun events with no pressure of missing a run or the pressure of sticking to a schedule. This past weekend was so beautiful and there were so many great memories.

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 9.18.37 AM

As for what’s next… I have been thinking about it for a while, but I have to get back into shape and finally kick my Plantar Fasciitis to the curb. After coming back from Mexico at the end of July, I knew my schedule would be packed with tons of events including bridal showers, traveling, finishing up the cross country season and weddings so I wasn’t worried about eating healthy, and keeping to a strict schedule. I was just planning on training Andi and getting through the City of Oaks with running when I could fit it in. Unfortunately, I got injured and decided that taking time off would help me heal faster than trying to run through it. It worked out perfectly because my schedule was much more packed than I imagined.

Though I haven’t been running as much, I’ve still been doing what I can for injury recovery and prevention and the short runs I’ve done lately have been feeling good. For the rest of the month of November and December, I’m planning on keeping most of my runs shorter, between 3-6 miles and then doing a few longer runs on the weekend, around 6-10 miles. After December, I know I’ll have to slowly ramp up my longer runs to start training for Boston but keeping my mid-week runs shorter will hopefully keep my PF at bay and keep me sane at the same time.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

7 Comments

• Reply Laura

Are you still cycling? I remember reading posts when you would ride to work.

November 17, 2014 at 11:49 am
  • Reply Lady ID

Love your dress!! So pretty.

November 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm
  • Reply Amanda - RunToThefinish

you are sooooo gorg :) love the dresses. Hoping the foot continues to feel better

November 17, 2014 at 3:16 pm
  • Reply Natalie @ Never Serious Blog

Yeah – you both look STUNNING. I feel ya on life getting crazy in the fall, it happens. But the good news is, it feels so much easier to get back in shape when the weather cools down! You’ll kick Boston’s ASS.

November 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm
  • Reply Ilsa

Hi Danica, I am still interested in your opinion, as a coach and an injured athlete yourself, on just starting to run and aiming to do a marathon as the first race ever – and then be surprised if ending injured.
    I would also like to know about the origin of your name? Google suggests it is a Slavic (from ex-Yugoslavia, specifically) popular name, meaning “a morning star”… And it is pronounced Dah-nee-tza?
    Let me give you a tip on how to try to fight plantar fasciitis if nothing else works. First, every case is different, and an individual should try several things, many tips are available from the traditional toolbox. However, for the most persistent and severe condition I suggest you get informed about ESWT – well, it is pricey, but could save a lot of time and trouble and money and sadness if you do not suffer from this for months and years…
    Wishing you all the best, sincerely.

November 18, 2014 at 10:41 am
    • Reply chicrunner

I wrote back to your comment in your email! Hope you got it :)

November 23, 2014 at 8:13 am
  • Reply Ilsa

The running community and experts are unanimous on recommendation to ease beginners into running gradually. However what is “gradual enough” is open to a debate, and it differs from one to another individual. There are certainly no guarantees that Andi would have stayed uninjured had she not been training straight for a marathon, but first for 10k and then for a half…
    Cheers!