Andi is now in her third and final month before the marathon. Unfortunately, this past month she has suffered some kind of slight stress fracture in her knee. This is been discouraging for both of us. We both seem to be somewhat injured. We’ve been struggling with motivation and cross-training and I know deep down, both of us are wondering about if we are going to be able to start the marathon. Her last long run was 15 miles and it was painful for her but she still completed it. All she has done since that long run is biking and staying off her leg as much as possible.
She went to the doctors when she first started feeling pain to see what was wrong and they did an x-ray and there is a slight crack in the bone above her knee. I really hope that we are both able to head to the start line with me on November 3rd.
This month I would’ve had her going up to her longest run before the race and then tapering for the race the week before. I know it will be a race weekend decision for what she will be running due to her knee issues. As for me, I’m planning on taking my mileage up to 16 before race day, which should be a challenge for me since I have been dealing with injuries as well. Here are the previous months in this plan.
Here is what I had planned for her this month. Unfortunately, she won’t be running according to this plan, if anything because of her knee, but I wanted to share what I had on board for her. Hopefully we both make it to the starting line on November 3rd!