Mountains to Beach Marathon… I’m coming for you!

Yesterday, I did something a little unexpected. I registered for the Mountains to Beach Marathon and it’s go time once again. It really felt good to push that registration button. I definitely wasn’t planning on running a marathon soon, none the less running one in practically a month, but hey, when you’re looking for something to give you motivation, there’s something about having a finish line in your near future.

mountains-to-beach-marathon-confirmation

My arm may have been twisted by Mary Kate… She was doing it and I needed something to train for. She got picked off the waiting list super quick and her excitement was apparently contagious. Before I knew it I was picked off the waiting list and entering my credit card information. I have been contemplating a fall marathon and I figured this marathon was a great place to get a feel for the distance again and either build or completely shatter my confidence. I don’t know what I’m expecting to run just yet, I want to push myself during this training cycle and see where I end up. Then I can see what my fall goals are after this race.

Yesterday evening, I took the time to put together a quick training schedule. I train my best actually when I don’t train very long for a long distance races because I don’t get ‘behind.’ I don’t miss workouts and can keep my mental game tough for shorter training periods. I can train hard for 30-40 days if the end is in sight. It’s much more difficult to be mentally tough when I know I have months of training to go. I hope to do a few faster training runs and not focus on the mileage but my speed this time around. We’ll see how it works out for me come May 25th. I also hope that I can get my fueling situation and my upset stomachs out of the fricken WAY well ahead of race morning.

One Month Marathon Training Plan with Speed Work1 month marathon training plan

I’m really looking forward to a quick month with a few quick runs. I also worked the schedule around track meets which is important to me and I know I can stick with it for 30 days. I can’t wait to get started and dig right into training tomorrow with an 8 miler.

Let the Countdown for Mountains to Beach Begin!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

13 Comments

• Reply dawn @ running the dawn

i did the same thing, but for a half marathon. i was shooting for something in the fall, but i just couldn’t wait any longer.

can’t wait to see how the training goes and what you are able to pull off in a month :)

April 23, 2014 at 11:57 am
  • Reply Monika

i have a few friends running this! I totally have marathon FOMO right now. No marathons on the calendar.

April 23, 2014 at 12:38 pm
  • Reply Jessica

Good job! Way to get motivated again :)

April 23, 2014 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply The Silent Assassin

Way to go D! Can you let us into your world and give us some idea of the pace for a ‘warm up’, ‘recovery’ and a ‘hard’ run for you? Don’t need to share your time goal for this marathon if you have one… but I made a comment one time saying that “I hope you are getting close to where you want to be”. When I made that comment, you were posting times around sub 8:30’s… and you said, “that you weren’t even close”. If you pulled the trigger on this one, you must be ‘close’? =). I mean you killed ragnar! At the least, its easy to see you’re exuding confidence! Stay fierce!

April 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm
  • Reply Tantra

You totally inspired me to sign up for a marathon that I was debating doing…. Basically the same wknd…. I’m going to use your schedule for my base plan, thank you so much! Looking forward to going this mini journey with you!!! Best of luck and thank you again

April 23, 2014 at 3:58 pm
  • Reply Jerene

My running group is doing our 20 mile run on the course this weekend. I have friends who have run this marathon several times and have enjoyed it and have qualified for Boston. I’m very impressed with your one month marathon training plan. I have to say I’ve been training since January (this is my first marathon), and it does get long. I can definitely see how a one month plan can work. Good luck!

April 23, 2014 at 9:22 pm
  • Reply christine

That is super exciting!! I run so much better with a race to look forward to as well. i’m planning on a fall half marathon as my comeback.

April 28, 2014 at 11:49 am
  • Reply C

Hold up…and you did that all in a month?! Incredible! Seriously dude….mucho props. Gives me something to think about!

June 9, 2014 at 1:42 pm
  • Reply yeezy boost 350

I would like to express my respect for your kindness giving support to those people who actually need guidance on this important niche. Your personal dedication to getting the message all-around ended up being amazingly functional and have in every case enabled guys much like me to realize their dreams. This insightful advice indicates a lot a person like me and further more to my mates. Best wishes; from all of us.

July 9, 2018 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Adidas Originals NMD R_1 Runner Primeknit Womens Running Shoes Black/Pink

very nice publish, i definitely love this web site, keep on it

July 12, 2018 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply yeezy boost 350

I precisely had to thank you so much again. I’m not certain the things that I could possibly have implemented in the absence of those solutions provided by you over my subject. Entirely was a real scary dilemma in my view, but spending time with the very expert mode you managed that forced me to weep with contentment. I’m grateful for this guidance and in addition sincerely hope you are aware of an amazing job you’re carrying out training some other people with the aid of your websites. Most probably you’ve never got to know any of us.

July 14, 2018 at 10:52 am
  • Reply adidas nmd

I precisely desired to thank you so much all over again. I’m not certain what I might have made to happen in the absence of the actual ideas provided by you about this problem. It was before a difficult issue in my circumstances, however , considering a expert manner you processed the issue forced me to jump for fulfillment. Now i am happier for the work and thus sincerely hope you recognize what a great job you were accomplishing teaching others with the aid of your blog post. I know that you have never met all of us.

July 18, 2018 at 2:54 pm
  • Reply longchamp

I must voice my respect for your generosity for persons that actually need guidance on the issue. Your personal commitment to passing the message around had been pretty practical and has allowed employees like me to achieve their dreams. Your valuable suggestions entails a great deal a person like me and especially to my office colleagues. Thank you; from all of us.

July 19, 2018 at 11:18 am