What’s Next?

In just two weeks Team Sparkle will be defending their Ultra Women Team Championship at So Cal Ragnar Relay Series. Last year, I was on the team and the slowest runner. (Day 1 Recap here & Day 2 Recap here) I got injured toward the end of the race and really felt bummed how even though we won, I was the slowest one, by a lot. Last year I ran 30 miles at 10:45 pace. I was pretty honored that they asked me to come back this year after my not so stellar performance last year and even more excited when they told me that this year we will be running with extra motivation.

rett-ragnar-danica-pic.jpg

ultra_team_sparkle_ragnarI’m pretty stoked to be running with all these incredibly super fast women! This year I want to run 8:45 average pace and I am running 35 miles all together. The entire Team is running 195 miles for 195 girls who battle Rett Syndrome, a devastating neurological disease that almost exclusively affects girls. We are trying to raise $10 per mile for Girl Power 2 Cure, an organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for Rett Syndrome.

photo-4

Now I have a chance to redeem myself and can run for this incredible cause on a pretty awesome team! I can’t wait and know in 2 weeks things are going to be crazy but fun! Help us support this incredible cause!

7 Responses to What’s Next?

1. Sara says:

This is truly awesome! Very inspirational and great thing for you to do. What an amazing cause – I really should sign up for something like this.

2. Tyly says:

Wow! What a wonderful thing to do, and I know you’re going to blow your old Ragnar times out of the water. I can’t wait to follow along! :)

3. Kar says:

This is awesome! Good Luck Danica! Gonna try to grab some motivation from you. I registered for the OC Half in May (first timer!) and cannot physically run more than 5miles right now…..wuss status lol. Hope you’re doing well and good luck!

4. Tiffany M. says:

That’s awesome! Good luck!

5. Christine says:

What a great cause! Good luck this year! You can do that pace, I have no doubt!

6. melissa mcclain says:

Thank you so much for doing this. A dear friend of mine has a daughter with Rett and y’all are running for her. It means a lot to them, me and all the families for this.

7. Janet & Jeff says:

We are so proud of you Danica! You and Bryan have such giving hearts and we feel so blessed to have you both. Big Hugs