The Teeter Totter of Running

I love running. I’ve been running for a while and it seems that I am either in a stage of complete running bliss, or burned out. For some reason it’s so hard for me to find a happy medium and I’m like a teeter totter completely on one side or the other. At the beginning of the month, running was fairly easy, I had no issues finding time to get in a run and I seemed to be having no aches or pains. In the last two weeks, it seems like I have been struggling to get in a solid run in and when they do, they are tough.

It’s hard for me when I am in that ‘place’ of burned out to remember how awesome running can be. It seems to come in waves and when I’m in the lower point where running isn’t fun and perfect, it’s hard to get out there and get it done. I try to remember that feeling of elation I get when I do have a good run, and try to push through those sloggy feelings that I had to fit it in. I have been doing much better this year in general as I’m trying to make each run count and have a purpose. I’ve cut down a lot on junk miles or just running to get to a weekly mileage goal, which has helped a lot with keeping the burnout away, but sometimes it still creeps up.

signal-hill-running-longbeach

This weekend I finally got in a good run on Friday and then went for a long run on Sunday. After a super long two day track meet, I was inspired by my team and how well they ran. I always am pumped up to run after I watch them race. On Sunday, it was a run where I was actually feeling awesome the entire time. I finished with two fast miles, and though I really had to push myself, it felt great to run hard. It’s that feeling that I love when I get home and feel accomplished and not beat up and tired. I just need to remember that during the low points on the teeter totter of running, it will pass and that the fact that I can run is incredible and something I need to cherish. Getting through the tough running times make the easy running days that much sweeter.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

8 Comments

• Reply Sandy

I think we all experience the teeter totter effect you are referring to. I am trying to take it easy after my marathon in May. Marathon training takes a lot out of you and if you are not able to commit 110% it is tough. I think you are doing great! Keep up the great work!

March 18, 2014 at 7:19 am
  • Reply Rebecca

I am the same way! I am either feeling completely head over heels in love, or very grudgingly forcing myself to get out the door and then trying to stave off boredom while I am out there. The thing is I know that I LOVE running, I try and remind myself that in life there are hills and sometimes we are at the top of our game and sometimes we are in the valley, but it never lasts and running will always be there for me.

Also spring has helped so much! I was so jealous of all of your snow free pictures. I am so happy to be wearing shorts again (even though the snow has not completely melted yet.)

March 18, 2014 at 7:34 am
  • Reply adidas ultra boost 3.0

I must get across my affection for your kindness supporting those individuals that actually need assistance with that niche. Your special dedication to getting the solution all around has been extremely invaluable and have enabled somebody just like me to get to their endeavors. Your warm and helpful guidelines means a whole lot to me and additionally to my mates. Regards; from all of us.

July 13, 2018 at 2:08 am
  • Reply Adidas NMD x GC Cloth Red Green

I used to be very happy to find this net-site.I needed to thanks in your time for this excellent learn!! I undoubtedly having fun with every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

July 13, 2018 at 3:46 pm
  • Reply adidas ultra boost

Needed to draft you that very small observation to finally thank you very much again relating to the nice methods you have shown here. It’s really strangely generous of you giving freely precisely what some people might have offered for sale for an ebook to get some cash for themselves, mostly since you could have tried it in the event you wanted. These suggestions in addition worked like a good way to be certain that many people have similar keenness the same as mine to figure out more and more pertaining to this condition. I think there are thousands of more pleasant opportunities ahead for individuals that go through your website.

July 17, 2018 at 11:19 am
  • Reply golden goose

Thank you a lot for giving everyone a very breathtaking possiblity to read critical reviews from this web site. It’s always very sweet plus packed with fun for me and my office peers to search your website at the very least thrice a week to study the fresh guides you will have. And indeed, I’m usually motivated with the unique creative concepts you serve. Some 3 ideas on this page are honestly the simplest I have had.

July 19, 2018 at 6:42 pm
  • Reply burberry outlet

I want to get across my affection for your generosity supporting those people that must have help on this particular study. Your real commitment to passing the solution throughout became rather functional and have empowered employees much like me to attain their ambitions. Your new warm and helpful guidelines denotes a great deal to me and additionally to my office colleagues. Thank you; from all of us.

July 20, 2018 at 3:07 pm
  • Reply WilliesOwerO

Hello.

Downloads music club Dj’s, mp3 private server.

Private FTP Music/Albums/mp3 1990-2018: