I’m so incredibly blessed. I think about it often while I’m running actually and I really try to focus on the positive things in my life, including the fact that I can hit the road just my shoes and I and take in views that I would normally speed by. For the past few years, I’ve done a list of 13.1 things I’m thankful for and this year I had an easy time coming up with my favorite things that I’m thankful for.
1. Family – I know I am so beyond blessed for a family that supports me, loves me and laughs at my jokes. The holidays are always so fun because we get to spend time together and what we do most is laugh with each other and at each other.
2. Friends – I am so lucky to have met some awesome people through social media throughout the year and my ‘real life’ best friend that I’ve known forever, Miss Shea. They all text me throughout the day, make me laugh and are there for me when I need them most.
3. My dogs – It must make me a certified crazy dog lady, but I am so thankful for Sophie and George as much as they rip furniture apart and bark, they make me feel safe and oh so loved.
4. Our House – Our little corner of the world makes me so happy! This year we’ve completed a lot of home projects and yes, they are never ending, but it’s awesome to know that it’s ours and something we share.
5. My Cross Country Team – I took a new job this year as an assistant cross country coach for a co-ed team, and wow. They have really meant so much to me. They’ve changed my outlook on certain things regarding running, taught me to push myself and that I am a good runner. They are encouraging, crazy and drive me nuts but I love them so much.
6. Running Shoes that FIT! I can’t even tell you how much of a relief it was for me to find shoes that actually fit and didn’t make my feet bleed. It was so worried when I found out my shoes that I had been running in were discontinued and finding the Saucony Glide 7 made my life a whole lot stressful.
8. Food – It’s pretty obvious that I’m obsessed with food. I love cheetos, chicken quesadillas from taco bell, all and every kind of beer, soup, grilled cheese, chicken, burgers, chickfila, the list goes on, and on, and on and it’s ALL SO GOOD. I’m so thankful for food and as my father in law says, plenty of it!
9. Love – I would not be where I am today with my love. It’s pretty mushy but he makes me want to be a better person. Sometime things are hard but that’s life and I’m so thankful to be doing this whole crazy life thing together.
10. Health – The beginning of the year I was struggling a lot with injuries and issues and now that I’m running pretty injury free I am so thankful for the fact that I can run 3-10 miles any given day and feel half way decent after.
11. Social Networks – Like I said previously, I’ve met some pretty awesome people via the internet and some of these people have become my best friends. I look forward to meeting even more fun people that enjoy running, baking or just drinking beer this upcoming year and I’m thankful that this is even an option in our society today!
12. Freedom – The older I get, the more this means to me. I am so thankful for those who have given their lives for our freedom and this country. I cannot fathom how different life would be without the many freedoms we have and I’m so grateful for that.
13. Travel – This year I’ve got to go to some pretty fun places and we’re going to be heading to Arizona soon for the Tucson Marathon and I’m so thankful to get to see more beautiful places and experience more of America!
.1. This year I’m extra thankful for the marathon. It’s been a fun year training for a few fulls and I have really learned a lot through my training. I never thought I’d be thankful for something that is so painful but it’s more about the journey than the finish line and I’m excited for the upcoming Marathon I’ll be running.