Finding new shoes

So, recently, after running in KSwiss Keahou II for over three years… they discontinued the shoes. I immediately started freaking out. It took me a while to find those shoes and if you’ve talked to me in the last two months you know what a huge ordeal I was making this. I was acting like the world was ending and I really didn’t know what to do. I have tried running in Asics, Nike {and bled through them}, New Balance and Brooks and was starting to freak out about finding new shoes for my marathon. I am a firm believer that there are not better shoes out there, but everyone has such different feet that you have to find shoes that fit your feet and work for you personally. I love Nike’s shoes, but I don’t love bleeding all over the place. I wanted to love the Asics, but after only 4 miles I bled through those, and the others were just weird on my feet or felt to heavy. Apprehensively, this week I tried out the new Saucony Guide 7 that I received at the #FitBlogLA event. I recently tried out the Saucony Ride and they just felt really clunky and heavy and I didn’t like the amount of support they offered, so I was nervous about the Guide, especially because within 4 miles, my feet will bleed if they are going too.

I was so nervous about running in new shoes as race day is quickly approaching. I get nervous because my feet love to reject shoes and I was worried this was going to be another failed attempt. I did 7 on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday and 8 this morning and no bleeding and they seem to be breaking in perfectly. They were a little stiff at first, but now after a little bit of mileage on them they are must lighter and flexible. I am so, so happy that I’ve found new shoes that seem to be working so far! Best part? They come in SUPER cute colors! I am hopeful that these will be my ‘new shoe’ and I will be able to run in them and they will not be DISCONTINUED!

saucony-guide-7-new-shoe

Welcome new friends!

9 Responses to Finding new shoes

1. Kim says:

Wow – I read the link about bleeding toes. Every once in awhile that happens to me (my husband gets totally grossed out if I just drop the sock into my workout clothes basket – not sure what he wants me to do with it?) but thankfully not often. Bummer that it happens all the time for you – hopefully the new shoes help – love the bright colors!!!

2. Elise says:

I went through the same process a year ago. I ended up with New Balance and although I love them I think the newest version is a bit smaller in the toe box leading to a lost toenail. But I love the colors. I tried the Kinvaras from Saucony, but they came up too high in the back. I hope these work great for you!

3. Krystin says:

I love Nike’s for kicking around town, I have loved running in Asics for the last 5 years & thought it was time to mix it up. I just bought the Saucony Guide 6 & cannot wait to try my first run in them tomorrow! Glad you found some new kicks!!! Happy running!

4. Cassie says:

I LOVE Saucony Triumphs!

5. cali says:

When I started running I was in Adidas (foolishly) then switched up to Saucony for about three pairs. I’m currently in Asics and they just don’t do it for me. While to shoes might be good for many more miles I’m starting to shop around for my Saucony’s, they are amazing!!!

6. Yeah for finding new shoes! I too am a foot bleeder and know your pain! I like the colors.

7. Sachie says:

ew ew ew. I hope your new shoes work out for you. I also dislike when they “upgrade” shoes and they just donÊ»t fit right anymore.

8. Tiffany M. says:

I just wanted to write to say I really enjoy reading your blog and I so appreciate the fact that you keep it real documenting both your running triumphs and challenges. You keep me motivated and for that, I thank you! Your blog is one of the few women’s running blogs that I find inspiring, realistic, and relatable.

9. Donna says:

That’s great that you found a pair! I know your pain…