Training this week

I really didn’t want to get up for Wednesday’s morning run. I knew once I started I would feel better but knowing you have to run 7 miles before 7:30 am, is tough. When you start in the dark, it’s hard to imagine that when you get home you’ll have seen the sunrise and have been up for over an hour and half! As they say, you never regret a workout… but it’s starting that workout that’s so hard!

As I left this morning I knew once I was done, I would be feeling so much better and the miles started to tick by slowly. One mile, two mile, I knew at 3 miles I only had 4 more to go, and then it was just a 5K. Since high school I’ve always split my miles up like that because it makes it easier to think of shorter distances than longer ones.

Screen shot 2013-03-21 at 5.06.22 PM

My shoes finally bit the dust on this run, with over 450 miles on them, and I wasn’t running too fast but I was pretty tired by mile 6. I find that when I run in the morning I am more tired and slower than if I run in the evenings. I knew I had one more mile to get it done though, and that pushed me forward! This week I ran 22 miles, which is a great number for me right now! I also did two long runs to help prepare me for Ragnar and the Pittsburgh Half Marathon.

I did come home to this though….

Screen shot 2013-03-21 at 5.06.42 PM

BAD GEORGE!

I finally have my confidence back and it feels so good to be getting back into a routine!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

11 Comments

• Reply Christine

I know it’s bad but the dog picture is hilarious!!! I came back a week or so and my dog ate the trash can and everything in it!

March 21, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  • Reply Rachael

Maybe he wanted to go for a run too! Looks so sad :(

March 22, 2013 at 3:22 am
  • Reply Marc

This just reminds me of why my favorite pet is a pet rock :)

March 22, 2013 at 8:53 am
  • Reply Kar

yay!! good for you! I’m looking to up my mileage too but I’m dreading the initial phase of feeling burned out. I just want to immediately get to that point and not have to work up to it. bah!!

March 22, 2013 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply Bonnie

So if you run with your dog a lot and then you don’t they get angry. I have to sneak out from Roxy if I’m leaving without her. She is 100% house broken, until she saw me get ready for a race once without her.

Awesome job on the mileage! You’re rocking it!

March 22, 2013 at 3:49 pm
  • Reply Lady ID

Congratulations on getting your run on!
    I have a half tomorrow that I’ve been planning to run for over two years – it’s a specific race. I feel under-trained but I’m just going to do my best and have fun while I’m out there.

That picture is hilarious – mine ate the corner of the window when she was a puppy. *SMH* The house was brand new too.

March 22, 2013 at 3:58 pm
  • Reply Sandy

Congratulations on a great week! I guess George does not approve of these long runs you have been sneaking off on. I hope he didn’t get in too much trouble!

March 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply Efo

Nice work on the run! Keep it up! That dog-shaming pic of G is cracking me up (altho, I’m totally sorry he scratched up the door. Eek! I hope it doesn’t cost much to repair!). He looks genuinely sorry for what he did! Little guy!

March 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm
  • Reply Joe Run for Dom

Hi Danica!

Just stopped by to check on you and saw that you will be running Dick’s in Pittsburgh this year. You are going to have a great time and will be retracing a lot of the Run for Dom steps from 2010. The half-course is great, awesome crowds and you’ll avoid some of the hills that the full features :)

Post-race, check out the Dor Stop for Breakfast … it’s over in Dormont, PA and is not to be missed. Less than 2 miles from Dom’s house ….. so lots of good karma there. Take good care Danica! Best of luck with your training.

March 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm
  • Reply Ian

Sorry to see the damage your dog has done – but when they get bored who knows what can happen. We have just house broken our new German Shepherd who destroyed everything in sight for about 9 months. Things are better now.

Best forgive George – he can teach you lots fr your running – like focus on one thing only and keep at it until complete. Just a pity it had t be the door jamb!

April 2, 2013 at 3:20 am