Lisa & Sally – Running for Each Other

Ever since I started following the Dick’s Sporting Goods Facebook page after deciding to run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon, I’ve been impressed by their social media and the videos they are doing for what you ‘run for’. These showcase some of the runners that will be running the Pittsburgh Marathon! After the first one I was blown away by how good they were and how touching it was. I thought to myself, well that’s going to be a hard one to top! Then I saw this one.

Though I didn’t experience loss like Sally did, I did experience a loss in my family when I lost my mom and this video had me in tears. It’s shared the same feelings that she did when her husband died, and when I saw their story, I had a pit in my throat. I run for the same thing! Running in general allows me to clear my mind and just like they said in the video, sort things out that you wouldn’t normally think about.

Watch this video… it will inspire you and you’ll really enjoy your next run. (If you want to see the first one you can see it here too!) They will be posting 13 videos leading up to race day and I’m going to watch all of them because during my training runs I really think about what I run for and how important running is to me.

Such an amazing story. I #runfor me. For peace of mind. For Clarity and for life.

* I am sponsored by Dick’s Sporting Goods as a member of the #RunFor Team to run the upcoming Pittsburgh Half Marathon. All my #runfor posts and tweets are sponsored posts that will be compensated by Dick’s Sporting Goods. All the tweets, posts and facebook updates about the #RunFor videos and the Pittsburgh Half Marathon are my own opinions and original content.

9 Responses to Lisa & Sally – Running for Each Other

1. The Pittsburgh Half is an awesome race! A beautiful course and some great little hills. It could be a rainy race but regardless the temps should be comfortable. I’ve ran it a handful of times and loved it. I’m from there so let me know if you need any tips, etc! So excited for you!

2. abbi says:

Oh my goodness, I’ve watched so many of these types of videos but this one really, really touched me as well. Thank you for sharing.

3. Kim says:

Thank you for sharing this video and today’s running inspiration.

4. Jen says:

I didn’t know you were running the Pittsburgh Half! I am a born, raised, and still living here Pittsburgher and this year will be my 2nd Pittsburgh Marathon (I’ve run the half 3 times).

The biggest hills in the half are probably the ramps on and off the bridges -Pittsburgh is the city of bridges so you’ll be running over quite a few haha.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area – maybe a Pittsburgh froyo meetup the day before??

5. Really love this video. I’ve been having a hard time finding my mojo and inspiration for running but this series will be just that :) Good luck with the training!

6. Sachie says:

Thanks for sharing Danica! What a wonderful video. I’m hoping to place it on my blog

7. Sandy says:

OMG I am crying! What a truly touching story and it is amazing how running has such a big meaning in so many people’s lives. Good luck on your half marathon. It is great to see you back out there doing your thing!

8. Sally says:

Hi Danica,
    I’m the Sally in this video. A friend of mine stumbled upon your blog and shared the link with me…Thank you for sharing it and I’m so glad it resonated with you and so many others. It was the very gentle encouragement from Lisa that I think really makes this such a powerful thing for me. I really never would have pictured myself a runner. And now she and I run marathons together. I’ll be sure to add your blog to my list of reads. Thanks again!
    -Sally

9. Ladies I must say I was the same way when it came to running. I thought running was for just extreme health buffs, but when I lost my friend to breast cancer I decided to run in remembrance of her. After the marathon I ran, I have a different outlook. Cheers to you all that run I am training for the Charleston bridge run now.