Every year for the past few years I’ve written 13.1 Things I’m thankful for on Thanksgiving. I always love taking a moment to write this post and think about the past year and all that I’m blessed with. There are so, so many things to be Thankful for in my life, and today, especially, I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who makes my life so special.
1. I’m so thankful for the fact that I am continually surrounded by people who love me and encourage me. Through blogging, friends, family and co-workers, everyone encourages me to do what I love and it pushes me to be the best person. That’s the best feeling ever, knowing you have a support group to keep pushing you to be better.
2. I cannot even imagine my life without my friends. Laughter, stories, text messages, and loving me when I do weird stuff makes me love them even more. They are always there when I need someone to talk to and make me not feel so gosh darn crazy when I want to run another race or do some crazy crafting.
3. I am so thankful for the fact that I can run. Over the past year I’ve struggled with some injuries, including an IT Band Injury and Runner’s Knee. I’m just now starting to feel better, and it means so much to me that I can finally go out and run pain free for 3 miles. It’s not as far or as fast as I was running a little over a year ago, but it’s better than nothing or having insane pain when running. I look forward to next year and hopefully training right and running some more races that I’m actually well prepared for.
4. I’m so thankful for my Extended family. Though we are all crazy, we are all crazy together. I’m so thankful for my cousins who are like sisters, my aunt and uncle who treat me like their own daughter, my in-laws who are amazing and caring, my brother who always checks up on me and my grandma and grandpa who are both a great example to our entire family.
5. I am so thankful for my job. Though I made a change this year from my previous job, I am loving my new job and the purpose it gives me. I love my co-workers and I’m so thankful for a change of scenery.
6. I am thankful for George. This little guy keeps me company when I run, is always so happy to see me and loves me no matter what. He’s my little snuggly baby and he makes me so happy.
7. Now time for some mushy gushy stuff. I’m pretty darn thankful for my Husbannnnnd. It’s been fun thus far and I can’t wait to see what our future together holds. He works so hard for us and our little family of three. Yes, George is a family member. He makes me smile when I’m down and encourages me to do what makes me happy and supports me through all my crazy decisions. Even with a mustache… I still love him ;)
8. I’m so thankful for our house. We’ve done a lot of work on it this past year, and I know there is a lot more work in our future, but it’s a great place to call home and I’m so thankful that we got the opportunity to buy when we did.
9. I am so overly thankful for food. So many people go without and this is something I never have to worry about. Another thing I’m so very thankful for is clean water, whenever and where ever I want it. It’s amazing how many things we ‘have’ that we take for granted.
10. This might sound trivial, but I’m pretty gosh darn thankful for coffee and tea. These get me in goin’ in the morning and I love sitting and watching TV at night drinking my sleepy time! And Winter Dream Tea? Forget about it! I go through like a 20 pack at work in a week. Eeks.
11. I am so thankful for the fact that B and I found a church family and we enjoy going together! I’m thankful for forgiveness and God’s unconditional love.
12. I am so thankful that the sun rises every morning and that I am wake up breathing every morning. I’m healthy and haven’t felt this great in a long time and I’m really looking forward to continuing on my healthy lifestyle and workout regime.
13. I am so thankful for my sister. She has been there through it ALL, and it’s been a lot. She always makes me laugh, is always there to cheer me up and when there are no words, she is there for me. She has shared everything with me, including her family. She is the best friend anyone could ask for and I couldn’t imagine my life without her. I’m so thankful that we are family <3
.1 Every year, I usually write the same thing as my .1, but I always say, without that .1, it wouldn’t be a complete Half Marathon, it’s the most important part! The most important part of my life is definitely the person who makes me strive to be a better wife, friend and person and who changed my life in so many ways, and that would be my Mom. I miss her daily, but I know she would be so proud of me and where I am in my life right now.
There are so many things to be thankful for. There are so many things I’m beyond blessed with and just thinking about it, when I really take the time to look around me and take a break I sigh with gratitude. How did I get so blessed. Thankful is not even enough to describe my feelings towards my entire life.
And I also must say… Thank you for continuing to read my blog! Over the past few years I’ve made great friends through my blog and I love that I have this little outlet to share my thoughts, feelings and random workouts. I’m glad you seem to find some reason to come back and read about it.
Being thankful is easy when you think of all you have. Take a moment and be thankful today.