Tri Goals

So I pretty much have no idea how this is going to go this weekend. I had a dream I lost my diamond in my ring in the pool. I had a dream I slept through the alarm and had a dream I ran the 5k, and then forgot to get on my bike and ran the bike course. I think my training has gone okay for this event.

I’ve ridden 12 miles on my bike once. But do feel much more comfortable after riding my bike more often, especially after riding it to work.

I’ve swam, at the most, thirty minutes, and swam about 7 times in the last three weeks.

I ran a half marathon and jogged a 5K last weekend. I ran once this week. The running part of the race is short, so I can push there.

My strategy for this weekend is run hard. Recover on the bike and swim as hard as I can, which will be pretty slow motion.

This weekend I must do the following in this order:

Run 3.1 miles, Bike 20k (12.4 miles) and swim 400 meters.

So I will probably scream with joy if I can pull it together and finish in 1:30.

That is my A goal – 1:30

My B goal – 1:45

My C goal – 2:00

I think if I finish in after 2:00 I will be pretty devastated and most likely this will be my last attempt at a triathlon.

I think these will be roughly my times.

5K- 30 minutes

Bike – 47 minutes

Swim – 9:30

So…. with that…. Sunday morning is race morning for something I’ve never even thought I’d be doing. We shall see how this goes. I guess with all these races I’ve been doing each weekend just means more excuse to carb load… ALL THE TIME!

Cheers to some beers and trying new things this weekend!

14 Responses to Tri Goals

1. Page says:

Good luck this weekend, D! Don’t beat yourself up if something happens – remember, we’re brand new at this. Just go out there and have fun!!

I always have triathlon dreams before races! Don’t worry you will do great!

3. nicole says:

Go get em sis!!! CHEERS and GOOD LUCK!!

4. Christy says:

Good luck!! You guys are doing the triathlon in the reverse order of most of the ones I’ve seen (with the swim first…good for me so I don’t drown by the end). But good luck! Just have fun out there! Make sure you lie all your stuff out for easy transitions.

5. Carrie says:

Good luck!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

6. Beth says:

Best wishes and do have fun!!

7. Good luck, and have fun!! I always take my wedding ring off to swim; I’m scared it’ll fall off!

8. Kathy says:

You’ll do great! You’re a mental warrior during races so don’t worry about it. Good luck!

9. Please don’t wear your diamond ring in the pool.

And good luck! You’re going to have a GREAT race!!!

10. Alisa says:

Good luck…enjoy yourself and you’ll probably do better than you think you will!

Just remember that with each leg comes another…and then on the run…kill it! That’s your sport anyway and i have no doubt you’ll pass people.

11. kiley says:

Good luck! You will do fine, a friend told me to run a little faster and coast on the bike since that’s my worst and kick it on the swim. If the swim is what worries you then leave extra time for it and you will do great. Good luck!

12. Beth says:

Stay strong, be brave, you totally got this! I just read your tweet…not many people can get up and tweet “I’m off to set up my transition area”…no matter how the day goes,you were braver than a lot of us for trying a tri…that said, you’re totally gonna kill it!! Can’t wait to hear about the day!!

13. Katie Beth says:

I’m so encouraged and inspired by your blog! I am a swimmer (for life), but am getting back into running. I have a road bike too that I ride, but I’m not awesome at it.

One of these days I want to sign up and run a 5k and a 10k… and then if I can do those, maybe try a tri!

14. Ara says:

You can definitely achieve your goal! I know you can! Can’t wait to hear how the race went.