Tri Goals

So I pretty much have no idea how this is going to go this weekend. I had a dream I lost my diamond in my ring in the pool. I had a dream I slept through the alarm and had a dream I ran the 5k, and then forgot to get on my bike and ran the bike course. I think my training has gone okay for this event.

I’ve ridden 12 miles on my bike once. But do feel much more comfortable after riding my bike more often, especially after riding it to work.

I’ve swam, at the most, thirty minutes, and swam about 7 times in the last three weeks.

I ran a half marathon and jogged a 5K last weekend. I ran once this week. The running part of the race is short, so I can push there.

My strategy for this weekend is run hard. Recover on the bike and swim as hard as I can, which will be pretty slow motion.

This weekend I must do the following in this order:

Run 3.1 miles, Bike 20k (12.4 miles) and swim 400 meters.

So I will probably scream with joy if I can pull it together and finish in 1:30.

That is my A goal – 1:30

My B goal – 1:45

My C goal – 2:00

I think if I finish in after 2:00 I will be pretty devastated and most likely this will be my last attempt at a triathlon.

I think these will be roughly my times.

5K- 30 minutes

Bike – 47 minutes

Swim – 9:30

So…. with that…. Sunday morning is race morning for something I’ve never even thought I’d be doing. We shall see how this goes. I guess with all these races I’ve been doing each weekend just means more excuse to carb load… ALL THE TIME!

Cheers to some beers and trying new things this weekend!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

14 Comments

• Reply Page

Good luck this weekend, D! Don’t beat yourself up if something happens – remember, we’re brand new at this. Just go out there and have fun!!

April 27, 2012 at 10:18 am
  • Reply Nicole

I always have triathlon dreams before races! Don’t worry you will do great!

April 27, 2012 at 10:21 am
  • Reply nicole

Go get em sis!!! CHEERS and GOOD LUCK!!

April 27, 2012 at 10:28 am
  • Reply Christy

Good luck!! You guys are doing the triathlon in the reverse order of most of the ones I’ve seen (with the swim first…good for me so I don’t drown by the end). But good luck! Just have fun out there! Make sure you lie all your stuff out for easy transitions.

April 27, 2012 at 11:59 am
  • Reply Carrie

Good luck!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

April 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm
  • Reply Beth

Best wishes and do have fun!!

April 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm
  • Reply Abby @ Change of Pace

Good luck, and have fun!! I always take my wedding ring off to swim; I’m scared it’ll fall off!

April 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm
  • Reply Kathy

You’ll do great! You’re a mental warrior during races so don’t worry about it. Good luck!

April 27, 2012 at 2:43 pm
  • Reply That Pink Girl

Please don’t wear your diamond ring in the pool.

And good luck! You’re going to have a GREAT race!!!

April 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm
  • Reply Alisa

Good luck…enjoy yourself and you’ll probably do better than you think you will!

Just remember that with each leg comes another…and then on the run…kill it! That’s your sport anyway and i have no doubt you’ll pass people.

April 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply kiley

Good luck! You will do fine, a friend told me to run a little faster and coast on the bike since that’s my worst and kick it on the swim. If the swim is what worries you then leave extra time for it and you will do great. Good luck!

April 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm
  • Reply Beth

Stay strong, be brave, you totally got this! I just read your tweet…not many people can get up and tweet “I’m off to set up my transition area”…no matter how the day goes,you were braver than a lot of us for trying a tri…that said, you’re totally gonna kill it!! Can’t wait to hear about the day!!

April 29, 2012 at 7:24 am
  • Reply Katie Beth

I’m so encouraged and inspired by your blog! I am a swimmer (for life), but am getting back into running. I have a road bike too that I ride, but I’m not awesome at it.

One of these days I want to sign up and run a 5k and a 10k… and then if I can do those, maybe try a tri!

April 29, 2012 at 2:33 pm
  • Reply Ara

You can definitely achieve your goal! I know you can! Can’t wait to hear how the race went.

April 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm