Salt Lake City Half Goals

Yesterfay morning we headed to Salt Lake City for work. I am also running the half marathon while I will be there. I didn’t realize that it was at such a high elevation for my lungs, which are currently at sea level.

That’s gunna burn, just a little bit. Alas, there will be beautiful scenery to distract my legs and lungs. I’ve really enjoyed the area thus far. We are staying in Park City and wow, gorgeous! I’ll have a ton of pictures once I get home!

So with that in mind, and the fact that I haven’t run more than 6 miles recently, I know I won’t be breaking any land speed records here. I am happy to be getting another half under my belt, and yup, another shiny medal to add to the collection.

I have been working out pretty hard so I hope my fitness holds strong, even in the higher elevation. I think I will also take my handheld water bottle with me since the temperatures will be around 80 degrees. I’m going to have a radical tank top tan!

So the A. goal is to finish around 2:15. I know I would have to push to get there, but it’s fairly feasible. I also don’t want to overdo it, like I did at Surf City this past February which flared up IT Band issues. I can’t get hurt because I have the CSULB reverse triathlon coming up and I want to try to not do ¬†terrible there. I want to enjoy the scenery, the race and my fellow participants. B goal is to finish before 2:30.

This will be my first out of state half marathon! Arkansas was my first out of state full, so this year looks like it’s all about running in new places! :) It will be fun no matter what, and I hope I enjoy it.

Unrelated to anything in this post: Has anyone tried on one-piece swimsuits lately? I recently tried on a few for the upcoming tri and goodness sakes are you crazy. Those pretty much are the worst looking things known to man kind.

9 Responses to Salt Lake City Half Goals

1. Casey says:

Everyone says it’s beautiful up there! Have a great race and enjoy every mile. I have a lot of local friends going up there to run that one.

I own 1 one piece suit, which I bought for triathlons. It’s not the most flattering thing in my swimsuit collection, that’s for sure!

2. kiley says:

Have fun it’s a really pretty place. As for swim suits I was a swimmer in college so we always tried to find the cute ones they do exist! There is a great store in hb called CAS they have everything swim! Some with thin straps and a higher cut leg. Also sport chalet in long beach has some really cute ones. Good luck this weekend and swim suit shopping!

3. Beth says:

Have a great race!! Sounds like conditions are perfect for just running and enjoying, not for pushing and PR’ing, and sometimes the “enjoying” races really are the best!
    Hubbs and I have our first 50k on Mt. Diablo tomorrow, supposed to be near 90!! It will for sure be an “enjoy the day” race, with no thought to speed.
    I, too, predict epic tan lines : )

4. GOOD LUCK! I got a horrible halter tan line, so disappointing! Still trying to “even it out”. You’re going to do great, enjoy your out of state races!!!

5. dawn says:

you can buy a tri suit. but i bought a speedo bikini for my sprint tris. when i do a few more ill get a tri suit.

6. nicole says:

I haven’t done a tri due to the nasty one piece swimsuits. id rather spend time pulling my bottoms up than looking like sausage packed in a swimsuit casing. yuck! & can you say CAMEL TOE?

7. Lauren says:

How did you like Salt Lake? I ran the full yesterday and I thought it was well hosted and super organized! Enjoy Utah while your here.

8. Zestful Lou says:

Hope the race went well! And yes, one piece swim suits are just terrible. They are they reason I could never be a swimmer.

9. Ara says:

How did you do in the 1/2? I was going to ghost run it with a friend that came in to town for it, but I got sick with a stomach virus. Boo. I hope you loved the scenery. Don’t you just LOVE Park City? I worked up there one winter and it is SO pretty up there. One of the Ragnar Relays is done through Park City. You actually finish in Park City. It is SO pretty.

Anywho…about the swim suits. My favorite one piece swim suit (you won’t catch me dead in anything else) is a brand called Uglies. Some of their prints are…well…ugly, but I like ‘em. They last ALOT longer than any other swim suit I’ve ever bought.