More Biking Updates

So I trekked home the other day on my bike and I must say, it was a little less scary than on the way to work! I tried to adjust my route to make sure that I didn’t get caught stuck on the freeway offramp/onramp section, but the little tweak I did in my route didn’t help and I got stuck without a crosswalk. Still needs a little tweaking but I’ll figure it out sooner or later.

This is me traveling half way home. This is my favorite part of the ride because it goes right by the airport, and you get to see all the planes and they take off right over your head. I am obsessed with watching planes and airports so therefore this is pretty fun for me.

If you look close you can see all the pretty JetBlue tails lined up! :) I love that part of the bike ride. I made it home safe and sound and now have a flat tire on my bike. Awesome!

It was actually pretty rewarding to bike to work, and though it’s kind of a trek, I really enjoyed it. I will be trying to do it more often when it’s warmer out. This week, sadly it’s suppose to rain, so therefore I’m NOT biking to work this week.

I know I will be fine for the reverse tri because last night at the gym on the stationary bike I rode 8 miles and it was much easier than normal. I ran to the gym, biked and then ran back home and felt pretty good, so now working on swimming, as the tri is quickly approaching as I have like three weeks to go! I’m glad I didn’t have this on my radar for a long time because I haven’t gotten that nervous about it or thought about it too much yet.

So biking is going well and I’m actually enjoying it when I’m not fearing for my life!

9 Responses to More Biking Updates

1. Shannon says:

That’s awesome! 3 weeks away, holy smokes! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

2. Mrs. C. says:

That’s awesome! I want to try a tri sometime in my life, but it seems so intimidating. I’m not a great swimmer! How long does it take you to bike to work?

3. Carrie says:

Awesome! It’s so great you are working on getting more comfy with biking!

4. Yaaaay for successful bike commuting!!!

5. dawn says:

how long is the swim? i am a strong but slow swimmer and when i trained for my first tri last september even 1/4 mile swim is long. good luck and i can’t wait to hear about it.

6. Monika says:

We need to switch lives. I live in the landing path for the SD airport and work right near Miramar. I hear planes ALL DAY. It drives me crazy at times. At least the planes at Miramar only go over a couple times a day. I hear planes landing in SD from 5am on. :( Have you seen that street in El Segundo next to the dog park with benches where people sit and watch planes at LAX? My cousin lives a few blocks from there and no matter what time of day it is there are always people watching. Your solemates!

7. Sounds like you’ll do awesome on the bike! And running off the bike is never easy either.

8. Nina says:

I’m going to start calling you Lance :)

9. Non bike owner but wish I did here! I run home from work at least once a week. It’s 4.75 miles, I even got my neighbor / coworker to join!!!