Easter Weekend

Wow! Where seriously does the time go? That seems to be the theme of this year thus far. I feel like we are still in February and it’s already half way through April. This weekend was great though, B worked Saturday and I got to bake lots of Easter treats for our families get togethers the next day.

Then Sunday we visited with both our families, which was really nice. We both enjoyed relaxing all day. B is now working a 72, and I’m back on the workout like crazy train. This weekend was pretty good for that aspect.

Saturday I rode my bike for 6 miles, ran 5 miles and went to the gym and did weights for 45 minutes. To say I’m sore is an understatement! Sunday I went for a 3 mile run before church yesterday and it was a great way to kick off my morning. The sun was just rising, it was warmer than normal out and it was just crispy, which was great. I was pretty sore but I know that running always loosens up my muscles and makes me feel better.

This week I want to ride my bike twice, swim three times and run twice in preparation for the upcoming little reverse triathlon. It is actually Run, Bike, Swim, so I should be okay at it. I hope.

So next weekend I’m running in Salt Lake and going to die at the elevation change… Any tips for elevation breathing?

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

8 Comments

• Reply Kelly

Sounds like a great weekend! can’t wait to see if you get any elevation tips. I’m thinking about a race in Denver and scared I’ll die from no air.

April 9, 2012 at 10:30 am
  • Reply Kathy

The only tip for running at altitude I can think of is to leave your watch at home! When we first moved to CO from MN, I had to run about a min/mile slower than I had been running. You should be fine as long as you allow yourself to run at a comfortable (slower) pace. Have fun! SLC is GORGEOUS!

April 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply Shelby

I agree with Kathy — I moved from Ohio to Colorado two years ago, and it’s best to just let yourself run at a comfortable pace. and HYDRATE! i can’t stress enough how much having water and being hydrated will make a difference :) Good luck! Enjoy SLC, it’s beautiful!

April 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm
  • Reply Carrie

I don’t have any tips for elevation stuff, but enjoy SLC!

April 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm
  • Reply Kristin Miller

Elevation tip (Clearly scientific since it’s from personal experience) LONG deep breaths in through the nose out through the mouth. Start breathing deeper when you see a hill approaching. Also, pretend someone has a rope around your waist, stand tall and run like they’re pulling you. If you feel like you’re going to die, deep breaths through your mouth only, but not panicky ones. Slow. Deep. Ugh! GOOD LUCK! You’ll do great. I hit some RANDOM hills on a new route in NYC, like crazy elevation hills!

April 9, 2012 at 4:11 pm
  • Reply Abby @ Change of Pace

What are the treats on the bottom? They look delicious!
    My elevation tip…don’t read too much into it! Just run and let your body decide how hard it can push.

April 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm
  • Reply Ara

I live in Salt Lake City, so I’m used to it. I wish I had some trick to the elevation change; however, I know there is over the counter medications you can buy to help you adjust to the elevation change.

How come you are coming to SLC? How long will you be here?

April 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm
  • Reply Gina

Go up as early as possible so that you can acclimate a little bit. It’ll be fun no matter what! Good luck!

April 9, 2012 at 9:51 pm