Goals

It’s time to get ARKASAUCED! Yup, don’t think that’s the last time I’ll use that word, so get used to it.

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I ran a full, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be ending my full marathon spree here. I am really itching to run short distances and run fast. I remember towards the end of surf city, I had the feeling of ‘ so this is what it’s like to run fast. I like this’ and no I wasn’t running that fast, but I did like running you know, sub 12 minutes a mile.

I also have a sweet bike that needs to be used. So hm. We’ll see what’s next. Whatever it is, it won’t involve 26.2 miles on foot.

We fly out tonight and I spent last night packing, after playing an unfair softball team that we lost too :/

Had to bring the essentials which of course includes the beloved tiger visor as well…

All of the above are in the suitcase and ready to go!

So everyone I’m sure wants to read some goals. Who doesn’t love some goals that you can strive for and eventually blow up and not reach? Mile 20? No big deal. So lets see here.

Goals

A. Finish 5:30. Without training and some small IT band issues, I don’t know if this is feasible. Crazy to think that I ran a 3:55 at one point. Really fell off the bandwagon. HA

B. Finish before 6:00. Who knows.

C. Finish before 6:30. I’m pretty sure unless I fall off the side of the road in the river, this won’t happen, but hey you never know. As they say, aim for the moon and no matter what you’ll land among the stars… Which translates in marathon language to… start the race and no matter what your time is you’ll get a medal. Something like that.

As I said yesterday, it’s going to be a lot of fun and I’m pretty excited for our mini reunion. The race, not so much, but you win some you lose some. With that we are off to see the land of Arkansas, score a sweet medal and test our willpower.

Here goes nothing!

16 Responses to Goals

1. Sandy says:

Just focusing on finishing and have a great time! It is tough to go in with goals when you are not 100% or recovering from an injury or other issues. Have a good time and enjoy it!

2. Efo says:

Oooohhh man, welp, GOOD LUCK. If nothing else, it’ll be a memorable/hilarious experience and good reading for us as we’ll enjoy the marathon recap :) tough like tiger. you got this.

3. Good luck! With that sahweet tiger visor there is NO WAY you won’t have a great race!!!

4. Mrs. C. says:

Good luck girlie and have fun! I really hope that you don’t stop running 26.2. I’ve been following your blog on&off for a few years,since I started my running journey and your determination keeps me going! You make running seem so fun! I’m now training for my 1st full marathon in May and I find myself going back and reading your race recaps for inspiration:)

5. Lynn says:

Good luck! I have run a few halfs, and you’re giving me a lot of motivation that I can do a full!

Don’t forget: we women don’t need to “man up.” Men are not always stronger and more superior. :)

6. Rebekah says:

Have fun! I’m looking forward to the race report. (Oh–and my husband has a “Running Sucks” shirt. He would wear it every run if he could.)

7. ilovesteaks says:

Should I bring my Tiger hat? :) Have a safe trip and I’ll see you guys in Little Rock!

8. Bridget says:

Have a great time and good luck!! I love the running sucks shirt :-)

9. jenny says:

ok, came across your blog through skinny runner. i, too, love running. it’s a freeing addiction that’s just so hard to explain until you actually start running.

10. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO good luck, have fun!

11. Leigh says:

Good luck on Sunday! I agree, you can’t not rock the marathon when wearing a Tiger visor! That is something that belongs in the hang over ;)

12. RoadBunner says:

Hope you and the ladies have an awesome trip! Just keep trucking and that huge arse medal will be yours!

13. Good luck and have fun out there!

14. Running-girl says:

Haven’t been a good socialite, but wanted to wish you a great run! After that, you can contemplate again on the short distance and maybe even pick up that bike! That’s what I’ve been doing lately.

15. Beth says:

Hope you had a good run and not too much pain!
    Napa was brutal, hip is shot. That course now holds our best ever and worst ever marathon times!

16. I hope it went well. Then again, how could it not with a tiger visor like that?!? :)