Goals

It’s time to get ARKASAUCED! Yup, don’t think that’s the last time I’ll use that word, so get used to it.

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I ran a full, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be ending my full marathon spree here. I am really itching to run short distances and run fast. I remember towards the end of surf city, I had the feeling of ‘ so this is what it’s like to run fast. I like this’ and no I wasn’t running that fast, but I did like running you know, sub 12 minutes a mile.

I also have a sweet bike that needs to be used. So hm. We’ll see what’s next. Whatever it is, it won’t involve 26.2 miles on foot.

We fly out tonight and I spent last night packing, after playing an unfair softball team that we lost too :/

Had to bring the essentials which of course includes the beloved tiger visor as well…

All of the above are in the suitcase and ready to go!

So everyone I’m sure wants to read some goals. Who doesn’t love some goals that you can strive for and eventually blow up and not reach? Mile 20? No big deal. So lets see here.

Goals

A. Finish 5:30. Without training and some small IT band issues, I don’t know if this is feasible. Crazy to think that I ran a 3:55 at one point. Really fell off the bandwagon. HA

B. Finish before 6:00. Who knows.

C. Finish before 6:30. I’m pretty sure unless I fall off the side of the road in the river, this won’t happen, but hey you never know. As they say, aim for the moon and no matter what you’ll land among the stars… Which translates in marathon language to… start the race and no matter what your time is you’ll get a medal. Something like that.

As I said yesterday, it’s going to be a lot of fun and I’m pretty excited for our mini reunion. The race, not so much, but you win some you lose some. With that we are off to see the land of Arkansas, score a sweet medal and test our willpower.

Here goes nothing!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

16 Comments

• Reply Sandy

Just focusing on finishing and have a great time! It is tough to go in with goals when you are not 100% or recovering from an injury or other issues. Have a good time and enjoy it!

March 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm
  • Reply Efo

Oooohhh man, welp, GOOD LUCK. If nothing else, it’ll be a memorable/hilarious experience and good reading for us as we’ll enjoy the marathon recap :) tough like tiger. you got this.

March 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm
  • Reply That Pink Girl

Good luck! With that sahweet tiger visor there is NO WAY you won’t have a great race!!!

March 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm
  • Reply Mrs. C.

Good luck girlie and have fun! I really hope that you don’t stop running 26.2. I’ve been following your blog on&off for a few years,since I started my running journey and your determination keeps me going! You make running seem so fun! I’m now training for my 1st full marathon in May and I find myself going back and reading your race recaps for inspiration:)

March 1, 2012 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply Lynn

Good luck! I have run a few halfs, and you’re giving me a lot of motivation that I can do a full!

Don’t forget: we women don’t need to “man up.” Men are not always stronger and more superior. :)

March 1, 2012 at 4:48 pm
  • Reply Rebekah

Have fun! I’m looking forward to the race report. (Oh–and my husband has a “Running Sucks” shirt. He would wear it every run if he could.)

March 1, 2012 at 5:24 pm
  • Reply ilovesteaks

Should I bring my Tiger hat? :) Have a safe trip and I’ll see you guys in Little Rock!

March 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Bridget

Have a great time and good luck!! I love the running sucks shirt :-)

March 2, 2012 at 4:26 am
  • Reply jenny

ok, came across your blog through skinny runner. i, too, love running. it’s a freeing addiction that’s just so hard to explain until you actually start running.

March 2, 2012 at 7:02 am
  • Reply lisa@thedailyrundown

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO good luck, have fun!

March 2, 2012 at 10:38 am
  • Reply Leigh

Good luck on Sunday! I agree, you can’t not rock the marathon when wearing a Tiger visor! That is something that belongs in the hang over ;)

March 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm
  • Reply RoadBunner

Hope you and the ladies have an awesome trip! Just keep trucking and that huge arse medal will be yours!

March 3, 2012 at 10:34 am
  • Reply lauren @ sassy molassy

Good luck and have fun out there!

March 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm
  • Reply Running-girl

Haven’t been a good socialite, but wanted to wish you a great run! After that, you can contemplate again on the short distance and maybe even pick up that bike! That’s what I’ve been doing lately.

March 3, 2012 at 7:11 pm
  • Reply Beth

Hope you had a good run and not too much pain!
    Napa was brutal, hip is shot. That course now holds our best ever and worst ever marathon times!

March 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers

I hope it went well. Then again, how could it not with a tiger visor like that?!? :)

March 5, 2012 at 11:13 am