One year ago…

One year ago today, I got quite the shock and B asked me to marry him! I remember we had literally had a conversation the week before about getting engaged. I am such a planning freak and I wanted to make sure we were both on the same page. After that conversation, I was under the impression that we were going to wait another year, and just enjoy dating for longer. I was so happy and relieved after that conversation and felt such a peace about everything that I was stressing out over.

We talked often of getting married, but wanted to wait a while, or I guess he convinced me that waiting a while would be a good idea. It’s weird, once we started dating, I had that oh so cliche feeling of knowing he’s the one that I would one day get married to. Everything with him is easy. Even when I get so angry, he still does weird stuff to make me laugh, which makes me even more mad that I can’t be mad at him! But in the end, he is such an encouragement to me, he loves me even though I do so many weird things and he makes me the happiest girl in the world.

A year ago, after I got done tutoring, he tried to drag me to El Torito and I didn’t want to go. We stopped at his house to drop something off for his passport, which I didn’t know WHY HE HAD TO DO IT BEFORE DINNER because I was starving. He took FOREVER getting out of the car and I almost flipped out as he was wasting so much time, for no apparent reason. Little did I know that since November of 2010, he was working on getting my ring custom made. Little did I know that on February 2nd he had lunch with my brother to ask him if he could marry me, and I had NO IDEA that he got the completed ring on February 2, 2011, at 3:00 pm, and then, after taking what seemed like years to get out of the car at his house, he walked up behind me, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. The night was a whirlwind after that but I have never felt so much joy and love in my heart, ever. I think Shea was just as shocked as I was, I called her like 200 times that night and FINALLY she called me back after I left the weirdest message on her phone. It was so much fun to share all the excitement with all our family and friends.

Nothing makes me smile more than thinking about us. He makes me happy. What a difference a year has made… We are married, have a house and a little doggie. It’s a weird way to explain it, but things are just nice. They just flow.

No one EVER has surprised me like that in my life. Hip Hip Hooray for Engagement day!

12 Responses to One year ago…

1. TN says:

Such a sweet story! I remember reading your post WHEN you got engaged and I can’t believe it’s been a year already :) Wishing you both lots of love and happiness today and for many, many years to come!

2. Jodi says:

I remember lying on the chiropractor table when you called me and I was like squealing I was so excited, they had to ask me to be quiet down haha. Crazy to think that it’s been an entire year…but also that it was ONLY a year ago! So much has happened since then and I’m so happy that B makes you so happy :)

3. Morgan says:

I remember you posting about it and being sooooooooooooo excited for you that not only were you FINALLY letting the cat out of the bag that you had met an amazing guy but that you had the most exciting news ever to add with it! (Also, I was totally jealous! LOL!) So happy for the two of you and the life you have together, what a whirlwind year it’s been, cheers to many, many, many more!

4. Christy says:

Aww such a sweet story! Happy engageversary!! :)

5. Sandy says:

Sounds like a love story to me :)

6. nicole says:

Ill never forget your text to me… ahhhhh i love love and i love you and our little doggies and HUSBANDS!!!!!!!

7. Holly says:

So sweet! I think its real funny because every girl I know, including me was so irritated with their other half because they were acting SO weird!! I was getting so agitated with the hubs the day he asked me, kept asking me a million times if I was ready for him to come over and I was like NO I’ll call you, geez.. and then he shows up out of the blue and I was like really, I told you I’d call you – and then he asked me!

8. Page says:

Awe! Happy Engagement Anniversary – what an exciting adventure it has been :)

9. Librarian on the Run says:

So happy for you! Happy one year!

10. Stefana says:

So crazy to think that if you wouldn’t have done MFW you would be counting down the days to your wedding! So happy for you and B.

11. Ah sucks making me feel excited for my anniversary coming up.

12. Cute post! I recall he wasn’t really mentioned here until then, so yay for that. Glad to see you two a year later and happily married!