One year ago…

One year ago today, I got quite the shock and B asked me to marry him! I remember we had literally had a conversation the week before about getting engaged. I am such a planning freak and I wanted to make sure we were both on the same page. After that conversation, I was under the impression that we were going to wait another year, and just enjoy dating for longer. I was so happy and relieved after that conversation and felt such a peace about everything that I was stressing out over.

We talked often of getting married, but wanted to wait a while, or I guess he convinced me that waiting a while would be a good idea. It’s weird, once we started dating, I had that oh so cliche feeling of knowing he’s the one that I would one day get married to. Everything with him is easy. Even when I get so angry, he still does weird stuff to make me laugh, which makes me even more mad that I can’t be mad at him! But in the end, he is such an encouragement to me, he loves me even though I do so many weird things and he makes me the happiest girl in the world.

A year ago, after I got done tutoring, he tried to drag me to El Torito and I didn’t want to go. We stopped at his house to drop something off for his passport, which I didn’t know WHY HE HAD TO DO IT BEFORE DINNER because I was starving. He took FOREVER getting out of the car and I almost flipped out as he was wasting so much time, for no apparent reason. Little did I know that since November of 2010, he was working on getting my ring custom made. Little did I know that on February 2nd he had lunch with my brother to ask him if he could marry me, and I had NO IDEA that he got the completed ring on February 2, 2011, at 3:00 pm, and then, after taking what seemed like years to get out of the car at his house, he walked up behind me, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. The night was a whirlwind after that but I have never felt so much joy and love in my heart, ever. I think Shea was just as shocked as I was, I called her like 200 times that night and FINALLY she called me back after I left the weirdest message on her phone. It was so much fun to share all the excitement with all our family and friends.

Nothing makes me smile more than thinking about us. He makes me happy. What a difference a year has made… We are married, have a house and a little doggie. It’s a weird way to explain it, but things are just nice. They just flow.

No one EVER has surprised me like that in my life. Hip Hip Hooray for Engagement day!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

31 Comments

• Reply TN

Such a sweet story! I remember reading your post WHEN you got engaged and I can’t believe it’s been a year already :) Wishing you both lots of love and happiness today and for many, many years to come!

February 2, 2012 at 10:40 am
  • Reply Jodi

I remember lying on the chiropractor table when you called me and I was like squealing I was so excited, they had to ask me to be quiet down haha. Crazy to think that it’s been an entire year…but also that it was ONLY a year ago! So much has happened since then and I’m so happy that B makes you so happy :)

February 2, 2012 at 10:56 am
  • Reply Morgan

I remember you posting about it and being sooooooooooooo excited for you that not only were you FINALLY letting the cat out of the bag that you had met an amazing guy but that you had the most exciting news ever to add with it! (Also, I was totally jealous! LOL!) So happy for the two of you and the life you have together, what a whirlwind year it’s been, cheers to many, many, many more!

February 2, 2012 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Christy

Aww such a sweet story! Happy engageversary!! :)

February 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm
  • Reply Sandy

Sounds like a love story to me :)

February 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm
  • Reply nicole

Ill never forget your text to me… ahhhhh i love love and i love you and our little doggies and HUSBANDS!!!!!!!

February 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Holly

So sweet! I think its real funny because every girl I know, including me was so irritated with their other half because they were acting SO weird!! I was getting so agitated with the hubs the day he asked me, kept asking me a million times if I was ready for him to come over and I was like NO I’ll call you, geez.. and then he shows up out of the blue and I was like really, I told you I’d call you – and then he asked me!

February 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm
  • Reply Page

Awe! Happy Engagement Anniversary – what an exciting adventure it has been :)

February 3, 2012 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Librarian on the Run

So happy for you! Happy one year!

February 3, 2012 at 11:59 am
  • Reply Stefana

So crazy to think that if you wouldn’t have done MFW you would be counting down the days to your wedding! So happy for you and B.

February 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm
  • Reply Deirdre @ Oh Well Whatever

Ah sucks making me feel excited for my anniversary coming up.

February 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm
  • Reply Julie (A Case of the Runs)

Cute post! I recall he wasn’t really mentioned here until then, so yay for that. Glad to see you two a year later and happily married!

February 6, 2012 at 11:57 am
  • Reply goyard bags

An interesting discussion is value comment. I think that you need to write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but typically individuals are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

August 12, 2018 at 7:22 pm
  • Reply foamposites

It抯 arduous to search out educated individuals on this subject, but you sound like you recognize what you抮e talking about! Thanks

August 13, 2018 at 12:43 pm
  • Reply adidas nmd

I in addition to my buddies happened to be analyzing the excellent helpful tips located on your web blog and then the sudden got a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the web blog owner for them. Those guys came stimulated to read them and have simply been taking pleasure in them. Thanks for getting indeed thoughtful and then for considering this form of tremendous subject areas millions of individuals are really eager to be informed on. My very own sincere apologies for not expressing gratitude to earlier.

August 13, 2018 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply hermes belt

Nice post. I learn one thing more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It will all the time be stimulating to read content from other writers and follow slightly one thing from their store. I抎 favor to use some with the content on my weblog whether or not you don抰 mind. Natually I抣l offer you a link in your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

August 14, 2018 at 2:15 am
  • Reply yeezy shoes

Good post. I be taught one thing more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It should always be stimulating to read content from different writers and apply a little something from their store. I抎 choose to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don抰 mind. Natually I抣l give you a link in your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

August 14, 2018 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply suba analuba

GWu55x Lovely website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also.

August 15, 2018 at 8:25 am
  • Reply nmd uk

I used to be very happy to seek out this internet-site.I wanted to thanks to your time for this excellent learn!! I undoubtedly having fun with each little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

August 16, 2018 at 6:24 am
  • Reply nike mercurial

It抯 arduous to seek out knowledgeable individuals on this subject, but you sound like you recognize what you抮e speaking about! Thanks

August 16, 2018 at 10:01 pm
  • Reply adidas ultra boost 3.0

I and also my buddies ended up looking through the best secrets and techniques found on your web page and then I had a terrible feeling I never expressed respect to you for those strategies. Most of the young boys appeared to be totally thrilled to study them and have now in truth been taking pleasure in these things. Appreciation for indeed being considerably helpful and for choosing varieties of really good things millions of individuals are really wanting to know about. My personal honest apologies for not saying thanks to sooner.

August 17, 2018 at 1:02 am
  • Reply Gst Vizag

It is best to participate in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web. I all recommend this web site!

August 17, 2018 at 6:02 am
  • Reply landscaping equipment

Say, you got a nice blog post.Much thanks again. Great.

August 17, 2018 at 9:23 am
  • Reply va loans in texas

It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.

August 17, 2018 at 11:06 am
  • Reply magliette calcio poco prezzo

Keep up the helpful work and generating the crowd!

August 17, 2018 at 12:18 pm
  • Reply personal de administración y servicios

Ridiculous story there. What occurred after? Thanks!

August 17, 2018 at 12:45 pm
  • Reply grupos de ventas en whatsapp

your communal pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook

August 17, 2018 at 2:26 pm
  • Reply click here

understands what they are discussing on the net.

August 17, 2018 at 4:20 pm
  • Reply spy camera

I value the article post.Much thanks again. Want more.

August 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply Goose down duvet

Whispering Misty So sorry you can expect to pass up the workshop!

August 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply Dispensary Cannabis online

There as certainly a lot to find out about this subject. I really like all the points you made.

August 17, 2018 at 8:35 pm