Let’s Get Married!

Looking at these pictures makes me so happy and brings me right back up on that stage and the rush of emotions that came over me in that instant. Watching the show, which I must admit, I’ve watched like four times. I ALWAYS get teary during this part. It’s so exciting to me to be able to watch it. Walking down the aisle to B, I was so excited and I just wanted to get down to the end, but tried to remind myself that I needed to take my time to get down the aisle and take it all in. The church was simply beautiful. It was so clean and I loved the way it looked. At first I was shocked that the girls weren’t standing up there, but that was pretty much the only thing that I didn’t know about before hand. They all sat in the first pew row.

One thing that was very special to me was to give a lilly, my mom’s favorite flower, to three very important women in my life. I gave one to my aunt, my grandma and Shea’s mom. Those three helped me throughout the wedding process, and have been nothing but loving, encouraging and thoughtful before and after my mom passed away. Then it was up to the stage to get married!

I LOVE the church. It was so simple, a little bit country and perfect. It was so clean. I loved every aspect of it.

I remember laughing a LOT during the ceremony. I don’t know what was so funny but it was I think out of nervousness. I seriously remember thinking that it was going by so fast and trying to make myself stop laughing! I remember B squeezed my hand so hard and I thought my ring was going to cut off my finger. It was so fun just looking into his eyes and smiling and knowing that we were getting married. I wanted to stop time!

Crazy enough, our photographer, Jonathan Moore was not allowed in the church sanctuary when the ceremony was happening because of his camera making noise. He took all these AMAZING photos from OUTSIDE the sanctuary. Talk about talented. He captured this one through a little peep hole and I’m pretty much obsessed with it. Sidenote: If you are getting married, book Jonathan. Best choice EVER.

I know I’m looking at Shea in this one. :) I also cannot get over how my dress laid like that with no one coming up to fix it or touch it. Ines Di Santo knows what she is doing!

I am pretty much obsessed with this photo too. I love how we are looking at each other. I cannot tell you enough how quickly it went by and how amazing it felt. I still feel like we got married yesterday.

I really even didn’t realize that the cameraman was in our face walking down the aisle. It was all so surreal and I love this moment. I seriously didn’t even notice the cameras most of the night, ever.

Our beautiful wedding party. The girls look SO amazing and the boys are so cute! I love how it all came out. I actually loved the bridesmaid dresses so much, I bought one of the dresses for the girl who is the same size as me, and I have already worn it to two events! :)

My family.

After the ceremony they quickly escorted us to the corner of the entrance of the church and we were told NOT to turn around or look out the window. I had literally no idea what was going on. It was so hard as everyone was leaving not to talk to them or turn around and I had no idea why they did this but I figured it was for something for filming or something? I was so confused and I just wanted to talk to everyone! Finally we got to go outside and I still have no idea what was going on. Jonathan, always in the right place at the right time, captured this and this might be one of my favorites, right before we walked out the door.

And who knew THIS was waiting for us! It was a beautifully restored fire truck that was to whisk us away to the reception. They decorated it all red white and blue, and we both were so shocked and seriously loved it! It had a siren and was so much fun!

Our reaction to the firetruck was obviously shock!

David opened the doors and all our guests were there and watched us get into the truck. It wasn’t easy with my dress, but it worked and off we went!

Such a great and fun surprise. Such a wonderful day! Tomorrow is ALL the details and the reception happenings! :)

20 Responses to Let’s Get Married!

1. Sandy says:

WOW! What a dream wedding!! Is is just beautiful…everything about it!! You are blessed!!

2. Leigh says:

The third last picture before you guys are walking out the church doors is AMAZING! Your photographer was so, so talented :)

3. Morgan says:

Your photographer is a genius! Such great shots!!! I can’t stop swooning over how perfect everything is… It’s seriously making me soooooooo excited about my own. :)

4. Danica, you KILLED it in that Ines Di Santo dress! It was made for you! We’re anxiously awaiting more photos from your wedding on your blog.

XO, Lovella Bridal

5. Angela says:

I love all of the pictures! That is amazing that your photographer was that good that he was able to take the pics without being inside the chapel.

You had such a great day!

6. Amy says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Loving these recaps!

7. Christy says:

Love it!! I was thinking about it & you guys have the most amazing wedding video ever. You’re going to love rewatching it years down the road & showing it to your kids. :)

8. Danielle @daniruns says:

A-mazing! Love these photos!

9. Kathy says:

When I walked down the aisle at my wedding, I was SO nervous and shaking so much that I thought people might wonder what the heck was wrong with me! I’ve watched the video though and you can’t even tell.

I LOVE how your bridal party’s outfits turned out. It’s not something I would have chosen at first but seeing it all put together, I think it’s just adorable. So fitting for your wedding. I can see why David let you keep all of your choices. Very good taste. ;)

10. Rachel says:

I DVRd the show but it cut off before the show was finished! Love love the dresses! Everything is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

11. Amy says:

The ride on the fire truck looks so fun! Who gets to do that? Yea for you!

12. Danica, you are a gorgeous bride! Love, love, love the church too – it’s beautiful!
    So glad you had this amazing opportunity- you are SO deserving!

13. nicole says:

gahhhh i still cant believe all this D i’m SO SO happy for you- i cant say it enough!

14. Danica, Congrats on your wedding day bliss. What a special day. Your dress is gorgeous! I missed the first airing of the show, but I see it’s coming on next Sunday. I have it set to DVR! Yayy!!

15. Kelly says:

I love the church! Your photographer did such a good job capturing the day, especially for not being about to go inside!

16. Jackie says:

ahhhhh I love the recaps! and I loved your episode. I totally squealed when you finally walked outside and David said, “You’ve got to be kidding me.” The whole episode was so sweet, and you looked amazing!

17. Pam says:

Ah-mazing! We’re out of the country right now and I’m so glad you’re posting pictures of your beautiful wedding!

18. Jen says:

Where are the bridesmaid dresses from? They are super adorable!

19. Alisa says:

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! LOVE all of the pics. I think my fave of the ones on this post is the two of you by the door sillohuetted-like.

20. Oh WOW, that dress is to die for. SO beautiful! What a lovely post! Can’t wait to read about the reception :)