Curling the Short hair

I get a few emails about how I curl my hair. I made a video about how I do it every morning when I curl or ‘bend’ my hair when I actually take the time to do it. It highlights that I do many weird things and make many weird noises. I find that it comes out the best when I do it like I show in the video because the way I used to curl it when it was long makes me look like Shirley Temple!

When I first blow dry my hair… it looks like this

I also talk about a product and I’ve been told I call it by the wrong name, who knew… but here is a link to the product, Aquage and I also reference another blog that I love going to for hair stuff and she made a video on how to put the Aquage in your hair, which is super helpful. You can find her super cute blog here, and here’s the video on how to apply Aquage. I usually put nothing in my hair, so when I use this I really see a difference and it works great to keep it so well!

Overall, it’s pretty easy, but I do have a ton of hair, so that makes it much larger than normal hair. I do find that the bend always works better on the left side too, the right side plagues me with weird stuff going on. Alas, hopefully you enjoyed the video. Sorry it’s SO long. :/

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

10 Comments

• Reply Amber from Girl with the Red Hair

My hair is a similar length to yours and has a bit of a natural wave to it that I usually straighten out. I’m going to try doing this tomorrow!!! Thanks

January 31, 2012 at 10:21 am
  • Reply Jodi

Remember teaching me to curl with the flat iron? I am forever indebted to you. Now I can make a few tweaks with these tips! I think if the iron was pointed down instead of up on the second side of your hair, it would come out better. that works for me anyway! P.S. love the music and George’s appearance haha

January 31, 2012 at 11:02 am
  • Reply Deirdre @ Oh Well Whatever

I will have to check this out, I am in a major funk with my hair. In between cuts, styles and not liking it.

January 31, 2012 at 11:43 am
  • Reply Danielle @daniruns

I loved this video number one because you say “Do Do DOO!!” haha I say that all the time, made me smile. And two because of your music! Country all the way :) This hair style is super cute. I used to like the stick straight look when I was younger, but the messy, wavey look is now my go to fav

January 31, 2012 at 12:05 pm
  • Reply Stuart

Ah crap I am I thought this was going to be about the winter sport!

I bet B’s shirts rock!

January 31, 2012 at 12:47 pm
  • Reply jamie

I love Aquage- i just found the blog you mentioned and using this stuff. I’m debating cutting my hair short and will have to remember this for when I want something different than straight hair.

January 31, 2012 at 1:05 pm
  • Reply Holly

I use big foam rollers – I use the curling iron and then go straight to the rollers and leave them in for however much time i have! I’ve never been able to perfect curling with the straightener… and my left side always does REAL good, and my right has decided to start thinning and doesn’t do so hot…

January 31, 2012 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply Naomi

I’m SO GLAD you posted this again! I always try to do this and never get it right. Gonna keep this post starred in my Google Reader! Thanks!

February 2, 2012 at 7:40 am
  • Reply Kristen

I never knew you could use your straightener like that! Must try it now :-)

February 2, 2012 at 9:02 am
  • Reply Friday Favourites | Girl With The Red Hair

[…] tried Danica’s hair curling with a straightener trick this weekend and I really like how it turned out. My hair is super straight so it ended up being […]

February 3, 2012 at 2:46 am