A Dream

I cannot believe that the whole whirlwind that was my wedding actually happened. It was the crazy, most exciting, fun and memorable day of my life. Everything was simply flawless. Watching the episode last night was so emotional and amazing to see how it all came together and I’m more than excited to finally be able to share our wedding pictures! I was planning this entire week to just post them all and share the experience with everyone. I also wanted to do a Q&A on Friday about the whole experience and I will answer any questions you have. You can leave them in a comment or email me at [email protected] and I will try to answer all questions on Friday. I know it will be a lot of my wedding in a week, but alas, I haven’t gotten to share anything about it yet, and I’m super excited and then it will be over. :) So sit tight.

Here are a few personal pictures from my phone that are not professional but I took throughout the experience. :)

Right after meeting David at our house for the first time. I showed him my table and the bridesmaid dresses and shockingly enough, he liked them! :)

After the amazing experience at the Sonya Dakar skin studio and the little Bridal Shower they planned for me. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life, a gorgeous day and my favorite women in my life!

After Go-Karting… which I must admit, was pretty scary!

The most amazing designer ever, Inez Di Santos. She seriously is the sweetest and most amazing person in the world! I can’t believe I actually got to meet her. Since Dress 3 was my absolute favorite, I took a picture with her and the dress :)

On our dress shopping day! So surprised to see everyone there.

Working with everyone was amazing, and truly so memorable. Everything on the show is so true, you literally know NOTHING. We didn’t know where we were getting married until the Thursday before, and we got married on a Saturday. I didn’t know what dress I was wearing until that morning. We didn’t know our shoes, jewelry, until that day. And yes, I truly enjoyed the whole experience. When you are with David, he’s so kind and genuine, and you know you are in the best hands. I still cannot believe it happened! It was a blast, and to see all the love and emotion of all those who are so close to us was so amazing to feel that the entire day. Here’s the deets on our entire wedding.

We were married at First Christian Church North Hollywood (yes the same church that 7th Heaven was filmed at and most recently it was featured on How I Met Your Mother) and our reception was at Universal Studios. The set up was incredible and the food was amazing.

Here is a list of all the vendors that were at our wedding, which you can also find on We Tv website as well.

BAND – they played during dinner and were SO good. Great vibe and I have gotten a lot of compliments on the great music during dinner: Rocky Neck Bluegrass Band www.rockyneckbluegrass.com

BRIDAL GOWN – the dress, which I am still obsessed with, was from Lovella Bridal, great experience there and AMAZING DRESSES. 818.245.INES www.lovellabridal.com

BRIDAL PARTY SHOES & ACCESSORIES, another surprise for us were the amazing and cute Nina Bridal shoes and accessories. They were comfortable and I love wearing them! www.ninashoes.com

CATERING, great, great food and totally what we both wanted! Gourmet Celebrations www.gourmetcelebrations.com/

CATERING AND DANCE FLOOR RENTALS, again, can’t say it enough but everything looked amazing so I truly am thankful to all those behind the scenes that I never even met. Dolphin Event Services www.dolphinevents.biz

CHALKBOARDS AND LANTERNS, Once you see the professional pictures later this week, you will die over how everything came together! :) These are SO cute and they did amazing with them. Darice www.darice.com

CHOCOLATE CANDY APPLES. I wish I could share these with everyone. They were the best candied apple I’ve ever had. Carmel covered in red chocolate? DELICIOUS. Enjou Chocolat www.enjouchacolat.com

CUSTOM NECKLACE. I wear this necklace a lot still and love it! I love how it’s interchangeable and love the beautiful red flower and little blue accents with the beads. Beautiful and she is SO sweet! Kata Banko Couture www.katabankobrides.com

LIGHTING Lighting makes all the difference and the street our wedding was held on was beautiful! Amber Event Production www.ambereventproduction.com

LINENS I loved the gingham… obviously! :) Cloth Connection www.clothconnection.com

PRINTED MATERIALS There were so many details that made it all come to life and she did an amazing job with our escort cards, program and all printed materials! Sandi Spells Design www.sandispells.com

RECEPTION DRESS This dress was HOT and I loved it! So much fun and changing made dancing so much easier. Sherri Hill www.sherrihill.com

VINTAGE FURNITURE/PROP RENTALS I think these were the bikes, fencing and pews? Possibly? Anyways, I love the vintageness of them and they came out looking amazing! Found Rentals www.foundrentals.com

EVENT RENTALS, I’m sure they supplied so many things! Town & County Event Rentals www.tacer.biz

FLORAL DESIGNER These flowers were AMAZING. I loved how everything looked and loved the combonations and how vivid and colorful everything was. The floral arrangements were simply gorgeous and beyond my wildest dreams! Studio Fiore www.studiofioredesigns.com

HAIR AND MAKEUP These girls know their stuff, they were amazing to work with, patient and totally made everyone look AWESOME! I would love to have them by my side every morning! :) Noriko Kerns-Podue from The REX Agency www.therexagency.com

WEDDING CAKE This cake was SO cute and fun! I love all her work.  NancyKay’s Confections www.nkconfections.com

WEDDING VENUE I love this church. It was so pretty. So simple, clean, everything was perfect! First Christian Church North Hollywood Fccnh.org

So any ways, after all that! I will post our pictures of pre-wedding, getting married the the reception throughout the rest of the week. :) And then friday, I will try to answer any questions that I get in the comments on emailed to me at [email protected]

26 Responses to A Dream

1. Heide says:

D! You looked FANTASTIC and what was even better is that you looked like you were having a blast. I would love more Deets on David… he seems fantastic and wondering how much you really got to interact with him!
    Congrats to you! Looking forward to more Photos.

2. Congrats on the airing of your wedding. I don’t have cable, so I missed it.

I’m planning my wedding for November, after much debate on whether to have one at all. Like you, I’m not really a girly-girl and have trouble seeing myself in the bridal role. Also, my family doesn’t seem all that supportive, so I feel so alone in this process. I feel as though my “special day” has already been taken away from me, though we’re going to proceed since I might regret it later.

Anyway, enough about me, I love that you were able to make your wedding your own. I have a similar goal (not to mention a conservative budget). Looking forward to hearing more about the details of your wedding and reception.

3. I tried to find any “my fair wedding” episodes on iTunes last night and couldn’t!! My only question would be can you ask how your faithful Canadian fans/readers can watch it??? :)

I can’t wait to see the episode! I saw a few previews and you looked absolutely amazing!

4. Sara says:

What an amazing experience to not just have such a dream wedding and to be able to have the experience all on tape. You looked FANTASTIC! You are a saint for being able to wait so long to share all this for so long! I don’t know how you did it I just don’t have the patience!
    Can’t wait to hear more about it!

5. Leigh says:

It sounded like such an amazing experience! I am going to check itunes to see if I can find your episode…stupid Canada for not being able to see it!

6. Shannon says:

I can’t wait to watch it tonight!

7. Wendy says:

I’m watching right now – you are so great on TV! I know it’s not as easy as it looks but you are genuinely happy and likeable during this episode. Congratulations!

8. Laura says:

Loved your episode! I DVRed it and watched it late last night.
    I have a question: was there anything that you didn’t like that happened? Or any choices David made that you would’ve changed?

Thanks!

9. Toni says:

I’ve been a reader since last February when I signed up for the SF Marathon. I’m from Chicago, but I enjoyed reading your blog about running. I actually made it a point to sit down and watch the My Fair Wedding episode last night. It was a very exciting and emotional episode (I shed a few tears too – of happiness of course). I think you should give yourself more props since David didn’t change the dresses on you and he basically used a lot of your decor ideas. Good Job!!

10. Amber says:

I just popped over from someone who posted about your wedding on Twitter – and I have to admit I was the one blog stalking you (if you have those tracker-thingy’s that tell you who has been on your site and for how long!)

I can’t wait to hear more about your wedding and see more pictures!!

11. I can’t wait to watch it on iTunes! The vendor list looks amazing. Congratulations on finally getting to share your special day!

12. Amber says:

I recorded it last night and just watched it – you are adorable! Such a cute theme and I love the way it all came together. I of course was weeping at the end. Congratulations!

13. Melissa H. says:

I recorded it and watched today. You looked so happy. I remember the pic of the dress you posted awhile back and was so excited to see more. You looked amazing and I can’t believe you’ve kept everything secret this whole time. Can’t wait for you to post about it!

14. You must have been busting at the seams to share all lf that. What a fun experience! I have it recorded and plan to watch this week. Congrats?

15. Sarah says:

Such a gorgeous wedding and a fun day for you and B! Love all the photos!

16. Krista says:

I’m obsessed with your dress! I’m just curious, do you know what the price tag of it was (gotta know how much I oughta save for a similar one haha) also I know totally nosy question but did David/the show pick up the tab for your entire wedding!? If so I can’t even imagine how overwhelming that would be!!! I’m so happy you got the amazing wedding you deserve!

17. Nikki says:

I’m in Canada – anywhere we can watch the episode online?

18. Missy says:

Sounds amazing, I have your episode on my DVR, I can’t wait to watch it!

19. Laurie says:

Your episode was wonderful! So glad to finally see it! :) You were a beautiful bride!

20. nicole says:

Such an amazing amazing experience for you danica! i am so happy you married your best friend and that you can FINALLY talk about it!!! :) LOVE YOU!

21. Christy says:

I’m looking forward to all the wedding posts & pics!! I wanted to get Nina shoes for my wedding (my sister says they’re sooo comfortable). But I ended up not finding ones I liked. I plan on getting a pair in the future though for non-wedding festivities!

22. Kelly says:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED every second of the episode. I wish we could have been there! I cried through the entire episode. You looked beautiful!

23. Shannon says:

I watched it yesterday and you are ADORABLE!! (I knew you would be, but seriously you are so flipping sweet and cute!)

24. Danielle @daniruns says:

Hey Miss Danica, I have a few questions for you!
    • I may or may not have missed this from your blog or the show… but what was your something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new???
    • Any advice for other brides? Is there one thing you learned or wish you had known?
    • Your dad or brother weren’t really on camera, did they choose not to be?
    • Did you like the edit of the show? Were there things you wish they had shown or vice versa?

25. Lauren says:

I loved your episode! I am my sister’s maid of honor and I love your bridesmaid dresses! They are a perfect mix of her (girly girl) and me (a little funky). Who makes them?

PS You looked absolutely beautiful!

26. Sara says:

Im totally obsessed with this Ines Di Santo dress! I can’t find it in any of her collections- do you know the name or style number? I’m wondering if it was a special dress just got the show.
    Thanks! :]]