The Haircut!

Hooray! Saturday was the big chopping day for my hair! I must admit, the night before and leading up to it, I was pretty nervous because the previous times I cut my hair I wasn’t totally sold on it being short. I looked like a little girl and didn’t really like the a-line bob cut I had. I told my amazing stylist to not give me an a-line bob and she promised she wouldn’t.

I also made sure that she took lots of picture s throughout the whole process! Once she did the first snip of the ponytails I knew there was no turning back! I instantly felt way lighter… Here’s the first picture right after the cut.

Yup! I was really nervous still, because these were sitting in front of me.

All my hair! I felt so light and fresh and my hair was so clean! Then it was time to wash and style. I was really nervous about styling part, I didn’t know how it would come out. Kelly knew what she was doing though.

I was SO happy with how it turned out! It’s so cute and fun and sassy!

The highlights that I already had that were way more obvious in the short hair, which I liked.

The ponytails are heading on their way to locks of love!

after the haircut, Shea and I were off to do some last minute shopping for christmas, and for once, Shea has longer hair than I do! :)

So the next morning I went for a 6 mile run and wore my hair up in it’s little baby ponytail and washed it after. Which was pretty scary because I had no idea if I could do the hair the same way Kelly did it. With a much shorter blow drying time, and a little work with the straighter, my hair was done and I was ready to go much quicker than normal. The short hair cut down my getting ready time by 30 minutes! I must admit, I think it came out exactly how I envisioned, just like Kristin Wiig in Bridesmaids! I’m so glad it all goes up in a ponytail… granted it’s a baby ponytail, but that’s all I asked for. So glad I donated!

Hooray for Locks of Love! I’m so glad I did it again and can’t believe I have short hair again. B finally came back home from working a few extra days yesterday morning and he LOVES it! He’s never seen me with short hair and he thinks it looks great, which was another thing that I was pretty worried about, that he wouldn’t like it! But, it came out great and I’m so happy! If you wanted to make a donation to Locks of Love, I will leave up the donate button until the end of the month!

Big Thanks to all those who helped me reach my goal already and thanks to Kelly who made my hair look awesome!

25 Responses to The Haircut!

1. Tiff says:

Awww, good for you! It’s an adorable cut.

Gotta’ love time savers. :)

2. Melissa says:

Love the haircut!! It is SO cute. I think you may have done one in the past, but could you do another video of how you use the straightener to curl your hair?

3. So cute! What a great way to kick off the season of giving. <3 that it went make a wig for someone (like my sis) who is going thru chemo. *Gold star* for you!

4. I Love it! It’s so great that you did such a selfless thing and the bonus perk is that your hair turned out super cute too! I donated mine to Lock of Love back in 2008 and will definitely be doing it again in future. Such a great cause!

5. Jamie says:

Freaking LOVE it! Makes me want to chop mine… but I would never look as cute as you do w/ short hair! Lucky!

6. Danielle DM says:

Looks AMAZING. Such a great way to donate.

7. Kelly says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Makes me want to chop mine!

8. marlene says:

You look AMAZING with short hair. I love it!

9. @DaniRuns says:

I love your the new do! So glad it turned out how you wanted, that is the scary part when you go from long to short. But seriously you look so amazing with short hair!

10. Sara says:

Looks so awesome! You should definitely do a tutorial on how to do it. My hair is just about your length so I’d love to see it.

11. J says:

Looks really great girly! Wish I had that curly hair look but I don’t think my hair will cooperate!

12. Nina says:

Beautiful!!! So glad you love your new hair. And that a little girl will get hair because of you :)

13. Becca says:

Looks AMAZING!!! Love the sassy curl:)

14. Allison says:

Love the new cut, super cute! So good of you to donate.

15. Kathy says:

Your hair looks awesome! I love it. I’m hoping to grow my hair out to donate too.

Looks great!! You look so pretty with short and long hair!

17. You look amazing! Love the new do – and what a wonderful cause!

18. Kirbey says:

AHH! Love it! You look so pretty!!!!!!!

19. SkinnyRunner says:

your short hair is adorable!
    my little bro grew his hair out for Locks of Love. of course, you were a lot cuter with long hair than he was….

20. Joanny says:

I LUV it! I too have long hair and every copuple of years I chop it and my head feels so much lighter after that lol its weird and its weird washing it the first time because your hair feels like it shrunk but its really cute and I thinks its pretty! Congrats to your locks of love and and your goal!

21. sarah says:

Your haircut is absolutely amazing! I normally prefer long hair to short, but this makes me reconsider. It’s so soft and feminine! I think I usually don’t like short hair because its boy-ish, but that is definitely not the case with your cut.

22. Shannon says:

I love it! I’ve never done Locks of Love, but you’ve really inspired me to give it a try! So, I’m growing out my hair! It’s already a little bit long, so I’m hoping next Christmas, I’ll be ready to donate!

23. Missy says:

Oh your hair looks awesome!

24. Jessica says:

Love the haircut! I am going to donate my hair to locks of love in the spring. I am nervous about cutting so much off too!

25. Oh my goodness, it looks wonderful!! You curled it with the straightener?? Ever since I got mine cut, I can’t quite figure out how to make mine look cute curly! I guess I’ll try with the straightener. You did a great styling job yourself!!

xo