Bakin’ up a storm

The other day a co-worker and I had a day of baking and watching football. We both love baking and planned out all our recipes and got ready to just make lots and lots of stuff. We brought some to work, delivered some to family members and then I sent some with B to his station as well, so we ended up not eating a ton of it. We picked out stuff that we thought would be easy and delicious and we found some GEMS! I wanted to share the recipes with everyone, since they were so easy to make as well.

We started off making something for lunch/dinner, a very delicious macaroni and cheese. It came out wonderfully!

It was deliciously cheesy, and the chicken in it was a nice touch. If you wanted to try to make it, here is the recipe. This was probably the most detailed recipe we had. That said, it was not difficult and was amazing to eat ALL day long!

Next we started on the Peanut Butter Banana Nutella Muffins. Yum. These were super simple and these were gone at work immediately! We didn’t swirl the Nutella, which is why it looks the way it does, but they were delicious.

Then it was time for the Mini Pecan Tassies. We started by making the crust and then the pecan filling was put inside the crust and they were baked. Super easy. They look like way more work than they are and were a hit.

They kind of exploded in the oven.. I think we may have over filled a little bit, but they were another easy thing to make, even the crust was easy and they were good and I don’t normally like pecans!

While all these things were being made and baked, we also had something simmerin’ in the crock pot! We tried out making our own  homemade apple butter.

I ALWAYS forget how awesome the crock pot is. I rarely ever use mine and really need to get into the habit. We sliced and diced and added the said ingredients and crossed our fingers. I must admit, I am always, for some unknown reason, skeptical of the crock pot and it actually working and making what it said will happen. Alas, It worked out well and throughout the day we stirred and saw the apple butter coming together!

Those apples are hot and steamy and baking away!

AND whala! After 8 hours of baking, and a little blending… It really worked! I am excited to give these out to a few people at Christmas and can’t wait to see their reaction that I MADE it. I’m pretty proud of them and think it’s a great gift for the Holidays! The recipe is easy and it’s actually fun to watch it actually work.

Lastly, we made reindeer cookies! They were simple sugar cookies with pretzels and little faces. They came out GREAT and I’m pretty sure B ate a ton of these. They were the most fun and most Christmassy thing that we made. :)

So much fun! When you plan out what you are going to bake and have all the ingredients and recipes it’s much easier than trying to make stuff on a whim and all our baked goods came out great and everyone we gave them to enjoyed them!

The stuff we made all had easy recipes and it was a great afternoon! I have a fun giveaway post that I’m doing tomorrow and I did go for a run this morning and thought I was going to freeze to death! GAH. What is up CA!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

19 Comments

• Reply Kelly

I’m so impressed with your baking skills! I need to get on the baking train for some Christmas gifts.

December 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm
  • Reply SkinnyRunner

my mom always makes those mini pecan tarts for christmas and i think since theyre so small, you can eat like 8 in one passby.

December 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply Nicole

LOVE the reindeer cookies! They’re SO cute!

December 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm
  • Reply That Pink Girl

Okay, those reindeer cookies are TOO cute! Y’all were busy! (and it all looks delicious)

December 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm
  • Reply Just Run With It

Crockpots are the BEST. We got one for our wedding and it’s literally changed our lives. Haha. Nice work on the baking.. mad skills. I wish Weez ate cheese, ’cause I’d be all over that baked mac and cheese recipe.

December 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply Kirby @ DietCokeStr8Up

Everything looks amazing!!! I love the reindeer cookies.

December 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm
  • Reply Abby

I like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!

Keep up the great works guys I’ve included you guys
    to my blogroll.

August 4, 2014 at 3:57 am
  • Reply あの団地の妻たちは ネタバレ 画像

あの団地の妻たちはのネタバレブログでCGを楽しむならここだね。

May 24, 2016 at 6:04 am
  • Reply jual.villadipuncak.web.id

Hello to every single one, it’s actually a nice for me to visit this website,
    it contains priceless Information.

May 27, 2016 at 2:27 pm
  • Reply mind power

I was curious if you ever considered changing
    the page layout of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two pictures.

Maybe you could space it out better?

June 4, 2016 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply generateur clash royale

I have read so many articles on the topic of the
    blogger lovers however this post is actually a pleasant
    post, keep it up.

June 5, 2016 at 12:30 pm
  • Reply セルライト エステ

マッサージ|リンパマッサージ|指圧マッサージしただけではなかなか|思うように|スムーズにスリムに|細く|すっきりなってくれない足|下半身|脚まわりにがっかりしている|残念に思っている|悲しく思っている場合はもちろん、そういう中で特に足首周辺|下半身|太もものむくみなどで悩んでいる方ですと、試しに一度|一回実体験|体験|経験してもらいたいと思うセルライト
    エステが思い浮かびます|あります|オススメです。意外に思われる|知らない|勘違いしている方も多い|少なくない|たくさんいると思いますが、エステ|エステサロン|痩身エステとは、元来ナチュラル|無理のない|自然なケアから成り立っていて、体|身体|ボディの内側で新陳代謝|ターンオーバー|細胞の生まれ変わりを良くして|改善|整えて五体の役割をベスト|最高な状態|最良に近づけよう|近づけていく|整えていくという役割をこなす、五体|身体|ボディにおける美容技術になります。積極的休息|リラックス|リラクゼーションも狙います。このセルライトの正体とは|は|ですが、憎き|忌まわしい|苦々しい皮下脂肪、あるいは|または|もしくは皮下脂肪間を流れる細胞間液であり、それらのような要素|それら|これらが塊と化し|変化し|なって、忌々しくも|困ったことに|悲しくもそれが肌の表面にも|へ|まで進んで行って|動いていき|進行していき、それとわかるデコボコした状態を出来上がらせています|になります|へ変化していきます。

June 5, 2016 at 4:33 pm
  • Reply Salvador

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about standard martial.
    Regards

June 5, 2016 at 6:03 pm
  • Reply 塗膜

外壁に塗る塗料、塗膜が何故固まり、しっかりと対象物に付着しているのか?塗膜の固化、固まるのか?そのれは結構現代科学の最先端の課題になっています。その塗膜の形成、塗膜の付着する理由、仕組みを解説します。

June 8, 2016 at 3:37 am
  • Reply Watch Warcraft Online Free

It is a relaxing hobby that everyone could enjoy.

June 10, 2016 at 7:20 am
  • Reply تحميل الافلام الاباحية في سن المراهقة غير قانونية

I got this site from my friend who told me on the topic of this web site and at the moment this
    time I am browsing this website and reading very informative articles at this time.

June 10, 2016 at 5:22 pm
  • Reply レーシック

レーシックを受けようか怖くてどうやっても決められない、という方たちが大勢います。現状、麻酔をしながらオペを行いますから痛みを訴えることはまずないです。リスクをしっかり把握してからココならば気がかりなくできると満足できる医療施設でオペレーションをすれば問題なしだと考えていいでしょう。

June 14, 2016 at 8:28 am
  • Reply Музоик

Я рекомендую слушать хорошую транс
    музыку, альбомы и видео, концерты.
    Хорошая новая музыка на сайте!

June 19, 2016 at 6:27 pm
  • Reply dog guidea

Thanks for another fantastic post. The place else may just anybody get that type of info in such a perfect means of writing?

I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the search
    for such info.