Training Plans

I guess I’ve gotten the itch again. UGH. It must be that time of year, when it needs a scratch. I will look back on this post and hate myself I’m sure, but alas, here’s the training plan for the ARKANSAS MARATHON ON MARCH 4!

I’m pretty excited about it and am looking forward to going out of state for my first out of state marathon. I’ve created this training plan based loosely on my work schedule and what is feasible for me. I can’t run that much, bottom line. I get burnt out, give up and hate my life. I like running but long distances are really draining, difficult and hard for me. I feel like this is a good mix to give me lots of much needed rest. All the days are flexible as well, especially the Saturday/Sunday days. If I cannot run on a Saturday, I will switch my long run to Sunday and it will be what it is. I don’t mind running after a long run the next day, it does help loosen up the muscles.

I also am considering running LA again.. I mean I will be fairly trained and it’s much easier to knock out two than to only do one and then take time off and train again… Maybe that’s just me, but I want to be at 10 marathons by the end of the year next year and right now I’m at 8, so two more next year. (click on the spreadsheet if you want to see it bigger)

I do have just a bit of speed work in there and I’m actually looking forward to the whole training round. I’m hoping the excitement and glitter don’t wear off too quickly but I have a ways to go to ramp up my mileage.  I think this will work best for ME that that’s what matters. :) Two 20 milers and a lot of gym and rest time should make me one happy tiger come March 4.

Just please don’t let this happen again.

and let’s have more of this during this training session!

16 Responses to Training Plans

1. Madison says:

You’re back! Yay! I loved your last post. My man is like that too. He’s all about getting huge and he also said that he will never run a marathon. Just not interested. He does run a little bit, 3 miles with me once a week which is about all that I can ask for.

I think it is sweet that he wants you to eat healthy and be around for a long time.

2. Kelly says:

Ugh. I just finished constructing my spreadsheet for this winter. Why do we do this again? :)

3. Anna says:

Your pace guide is hilarious – “don’t die!” LOL. I live in Arkansas and I’m thinking of running Little Rock also…as long as I don’t die running my first marathon in Memphis in December. We’ll see…

4. ilovesteaks says:

LOL wth is your “don’t die” pace? :)

5. Beth says:

Wow! When you mentioned march 4th in a previous post I was hoping it would be Napa Valley Marathon…I was a bit off : )
    Training sched looks great!!

6. Belinda says:

Thanks for the motivation! I’m signing up for the Rock ‘n Roll Dallas on March 27th. I need to start my training soon. I have only ran one half marathon this past May. How did you decide on your training plan?

7. Naomi says:

I love your color-coded plan and your “Don’t Die” pace! I’m excited to follow your training cycle again! Yay!

8. This is some motivation for me to get back on the training bandwagon. Good luck to you!

9. Jen Evans says:

This is great motivation – thank you! I have the same question as Beth, how did/do you decide on your training plan?

10. Way to capitalize on the motivation! I miss that feeling! =P Good luck with your training!

11. Joy says:

Ha! I’m all about the don’t-die-pace :)
    Love that last pic of you!

12. chiara says:

I thought about doing this one too! The whole 7-pound medal was very enticing. But then $44 for RnR NoLA came up and I couldn’t pass it up!

13. Wendy says:

Is this Little Rock? I did it this past March – purely for that huge medal!! Get that medal – it’s amazing. Then two weeks later I did the monsoon hell that was LA (and became a marathon maniac). It really wasn’t bad to do 2 that close together – I was already trained and the challenge was more mental. Good luck!

14. Page says:

Ooooooh, Arkansas! Wear that plate medal with pride!

15. Danica I started reading your blog before I even knew how many running blogs were out there. I felt like we had so much in common. I finished my first marathon on Sunday and I thought about my mom a lot of that time. Your my running inspiration!

16. Shannon says:

Wahoooo for the Little Rock Marathon!!!! I live right outside of Little Rock and work in Little Rock! So, it’s awesome that you’re coming here to do the marathon! Finally! ha!