Snow!

So this weekend, I kicked off my weekend with a long run on Friday morning, before leaving for the snow. Lately I have been listening to different music on my run and what got me through this 6 miler was classical and some Beiber. What the random combo, but it worked out well. I finally am starting to get that feeling that I’m not going to die out while running, which was plaguing my runs for quite some time. Literally, I felt like every step I took I was going to just fall over, but now I’m finally starting to feel that ‘fitness’ come back and not struggle as much. I know starting from basically scratch again makes things difficult but nothing compares to that feeling where you start to ‘get it’ and running makes sense again. Hooray for not feeling terrible.

Friday we left and went to the snow! It was so much fun to hang out with some friends of B’s from work and just enjoy time away.

It wasn’t TOO cold, that is why B is in short sleeves, and he also has the super power of never being cold…

We were a little worried about George liking the snow and being cold, but he loved the snow and was a champ! Him and his friend Mogaly played all weekend long, and snuggled up.

George was out the whole way home! So tired from the snow! :)

When we finally got back  yesterday, it was just about afternoon so I decided to run to the gym and work out and run home and it was great to go running. I had the good feeling of not dying and not stopping at all and am glad that I finally am getting that groove back. I was starting to think that I wouldn’t ever be able to run over 2 miles ever again. I did seem to do too many squats though and now my legs are killing me.

As the Holidays are quickly approaching, I’m going to work really hard to eat healthy for the last few days leading up to Thanksgiving and for those days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know once I’m off work for Christmas Break, I will eat healthy because at home I realize I don’t eat as much for some reason, but when I’m at work I feel like I’m starving all day long. Strange but true.

I’m looking forward to my 8 miler this weekend and finally feeling like the longer mileage is agreeing with me!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

11 Comments

• Reply Linzay

I’m always starving at work, too. But then when I’m at home I almost forget to eat. I blame work for making me stressed and want to eat all day long!

November 14, 2011 at 11:37 am
  • Reply larinna @ iheartspandex.com

Im totally the same way at work! All I want to do when im at my desk is eat! BUT when youre busy at home doing things, you kinda forget.

November 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm
  • Reply Holly

Work is so my killer when trying to eat healthy! Someone always has a birthday, or they’re leaving or having a baby, or getting married and we’re having some kind of party. or the parents of our patients bring in cookies, or donuts or whatever AND I work nights so I’m like 10x munchier than normal!! all deadly combos – PS George is SO cute – nothing like a mutt, I think they make the best dogs =) that’s what my Harley is! (boxer/lab/pitt/beagle and the list goes on!)

November 15, 2011 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Just Run With It

Hooray for the long run (gettin’ it DONE!), hooray for the snow and puppies (looooove), and hooray for eating healthy. It’s not easy to do, but I’m proud of you!

November 15, 2011 at 11:45 am
  • Reply Kathy

George is so cute!! I’m always more hungry at work too – I think because I’m bored and food helps entertain me. :)

November 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm
  • Reply Jessica

Oh my gosh – George has the cutest little sweater on! I like that plan of eating healthy before (and in between) holidays. I’m going to stick to that plan too!

November 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm
  • Reply Fiona McG

Your hubby, dog, and you are all so beautiful!

November 16, 2011 at 5:45 am
  • Reply Sandy

Just love George! he is such a sweet dog and lucky to have two great parents! The snow looks like a lot of fun!!

November 16, 2011 at 8:47 am
  • Reply 26m » Sharing Endurance Sports Resources » So You’ve Decided to Drink More Water

[…] Yesterday Chic Runner wrote about snow :  So this weekend, I kicked off my weekend with a long run on Friday morning, before leaving for the snow.  Read the Full Post […]

November 16, 2011 at 9:03 am
  • Reply Meaghan

Nice job on the run!! Weekend looks like it was awesome! And yes, I eat MUCH better at home than I do at work. I can’t avoid all the crap that everyone brings in :)

November 16, 2011 at 10:32 am
  • Reply TC

Aw how sweet are those pups?! So fun.

November 17, 2011 at 11:59 am