Moving, Working, Running

Gah this week has flown by. I totally forgot how during event season it’s like I go to work for 9-10 hours and feel like I’ve only been there for 20 minutes when I leave at the end of the day. It’s literally crazy but a fun and exciting crazy and I know it’s all going to pay off soon! As for working out, this morning I woke up with a terrible headache, so I missed spin, but I went yesterday and got my butt kicked. It’s seriously a great cross training workout. Tomorrow morning, another 6 miler. Whooooo-hooooo! I’m starting to get back into the swing of working out and finally seeing results too. It feels good again to be in a routine.

With the upcoming move, I hope to find my Garmin which I have misplaced. It has been nice to not worry about my time lately, but I’m starting to wonder how fast I’m running. I’m pretty scared to actually know how slow I’m going, but it’s time to start training for something again so I must find Claude!

Speaking of work, we’ve had a special visitor the past two days and he’s just too cute not to post about. My friend rescued him from a construction site. Having him at work when it’s pretty high stress has made everyone much more docile and nice. :)

As for the house, it’s coming along, and on our two month wedding anniversary (TODAY! haha) the workers will be done! I’m hoping to do a little moving this weekend so we’ll see how that goes. Here’s some pics of some of the rooms, thus far.

So the guest bedroom is on the left and the guest bathroom is on the right. Now, it’s pretty hardcore stripes and colors in those rooms, but I must admit I am OBSESSED with the rooms and how they came out. The rest of the house looks like the photo below so it’s VERY neutral. I love stripes though and these will both have a few red accents. :) I’m so happy with how they turned out.

The rest of the house is tan with white molding. It’s coming along nicely and hopefully before LB we’ll be residing together! Weeeeee! Though I must say, packing up my stuff last night was REALLY sad. I know I will really miss living with my friends and girls. Like this morning, when we were having a Smashmouth sing-a-long and whenever I sing random disney songs. At the same time, I know they are not far away and I can see them all the time. :)

Now I must find a new place for my LA Marathon poster, my medals and all my stuff! :) Moving is cross training right? :) On Sunday I’m going to do the Komen Walk for a Cure 5K in honor of my mom as well. Looking forward to it and celebrating the survival of so many women!

12 Responses to Moving, Working, Running

1. eli says:

That darn Garmin!!! Mine went missing after my move :(..

Good luck!

2. Alex says:

Love Love Love the stripes!

3. Alisa says:

MOving is totally cross training!

PS Your house is amazing and while it will be sad to leave your roomies living with your man will be amazing–trust me as I’ve lived with mine for 5 years. Totally worth it. Maybe you can get him to do Smashmouth singalongs =). But what will be awesome is the spontaneous slow dances in the kitchen and the kisses in the yard =).

4. Lisa says:

Have fun doing the 5k.
    Good luck moving. I love the stripes.

5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue stripes!!!! That must have been a crazy amount of work but it looks amazing!

Bonus – it matches your sweater! :o)

6. Leigh says:

Love the stripes! I was about to say the same thing as Karen- they match your sweater!

Hope the move goes well :)

7. Bonnie says:

I’m in the middle of a renovation right now too. We weren’t so lucky to hire workers, so we’ve done everything ourselves and after almost two months of it, I am sore, bruised and tired, but the outcome was worth it. ANd it is cross training.

8. nicole says:

i’m so so so happy for you!!! <3 enjoy moving, working and running. I MISS YOU!

9. Love the stripes! I can not wait to see how it turns out with the red!!!

10. I do not comment often but love your blog! And LOVE how those striped rooms turned out. I also love that you match the rooms! Happy weekend!

Your house is going to be so beautiful!

12. I actually love those stripes! Theyre so unique yet classic. As for your workplace visitor, that dog is sooo freakin cute!