What a weekend

WOW! I cannot even put into words what a wonderful weekend this was. I had two bridal showers, one was a tea party theme thrown by B’s mom and one was a BBQ Picnic theme (just like my wedding!) thrown by my mom’s sister. It was a lovely weekend with so much love everywhere. I can’t get over how nice everything was and how amazing it was. Big thanks to everyone who could make it such short notice and I’m getting SO EXCITED to get married!

I got some stuff from Victoria Secret and was SO embarrassed! I couldn’t even hold it up.

One of the favorite gifts of the day, the Kitchen Aid! I got it in chrome and can’t wait to mix lots of stuff in it.

All the lovely ladies at the tea party! We all wore hats and it was so much fun. We had tea and mimosas and it was so relaxing and special. All the food B’s mom made was AMAZING! I think I ate like 200 little cakes.

My LOVELY bridal party. :)

The next shower was at my Aunt’s house and she did an amazing job. Kicked it off with a delicious and filling meal. :) She made all my favorite foods including pulled pork sandwiches and potatoes and fruit and we had an amazing red, white and blue trifle atĀ  the end of the shower! We played a few games and it was really fun.

I got a food processor! Here’s to chopping up lots of stuff.

I got such an amazing gift from my aunt! She made me a table runner for every season. It means so much because my mom sewed and quilted with her. We got so much great stuff! I can’t wait to find out if we get the house so we can put all our stuff in it!

Another lovely bridal party picture. Such gorgeous and amazing girls!

B came at the end of the shower and helped me load up the gifts and transport them all home.

B also got to open a few special gifts. He opened up a feather bed, some cook books and our Dyson Vacuum! As you can tell he loves it.

Yup, he’s all mine! :)

What a great experience and I still can’t get over how much fun this weekend was. I was a little nervous for it but it was great and I had so much fun! We are so thankful for all the people in our lives! Everyone is so generous and kind and it means so much to me. Next weekend we have the bachelorette party and then the next weekend we are getting married! I did work out a ton this weekend too, I can barely lift my arms above my head today! haha awesome!

Tomorrow I will try to post some workouts I have been doing to help get my arms wedding ready!

19 Responses to What a weekend

1. Madison says:

You look so beautiful! I adore the hat you wore to the tea party shower. And you scored some pretty amazing gifts.

2. Keri says:

Sounds like an amazing weekend!!! I am so excited for you :) You look beautiful@

3. nicole says:

You looked so beautiful @ your showers D! I’m so happy for you and B!

4. Xavierism says:

Congrats, congrats, congrats to the both of you. Happiness suits you. Wishin’ you and B all the best. Cheers! xo

5. The dress from the second shower is amazing!!! Where did you get it?!?!?

6. Dana says:

You look so pretty! Glad you had such a great weekend with your showers. :)

7. Jaime says:

So excited for you!!! Some girls at work want to throw me a bridal shower since my fam is all in Wisconsin, and I have the same phobia as you about opening presents in front of people!! I hate being the center of attention!!!

Where did you get your dress for your second bridal shower? It is adorable!!!

8. There is so much happiness infused into this post! It looks like you had two great showers and are a very lucky bride-to-be. Enjoy this next week and a half leading up to the big day!!

Sounds like SO much fun! And I LOVE the hat you wore to your t-party themed shower. :) Too cute!

10. SO much fun! Love the tea party theme, and it looks like you got some great gifts. (I’m obsessed with both our stand mixer and our food processor.) The seasonal table runners, though, are my absolute favorite. So special!

11. Page says:

I love that B is obsessed with the vacuum – you have him trained well ;)

12. Alisa says:

You look beautiful. Love the hats.

I still love our kitchen aid it will get lots of use.

13. Stuart says:

You look so happy as you should do!

So exciting!!!

14. Leigh says:

Loved all of the dresses that you wore for your showers :) And the first picture is hilarious!

So exciting that your wedding is so soon already!

15. Lauren says:

I suspect Marko will do the same thing when he sees that we’re registered for a lawn mower! :) The showers looked so fun!! You’re gonna be a married lady in no time!

16. Ashley says:

I just stumbled on your cute little blog. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

17. I love the table runners!!

18. You look so beautiful!!
    Visiting from Jimmy Choo’s and Tennis Shoes.. Can’t wait to read more around here! Have a great day! :)

19. April says:

yay, congrats!! so much fun. love the hats!