When you lose your mojo, where does it go? I think for me, when I take a tumble off the fitness wagon, I just keep telling myself that well since you missed yesterday, you might as well not go again today. Which is WRONG! I don’t know why I do that to myself, but I do. I start to think about how hard it will be to get back into it which isn’t the right attitude, but I am looking forward to signing up for a race once we get back from Europe. I also think that the fact that I know I will be gone for so long it’s hard for me to be motivated to train for anything, another misconception in my mind. It stinks I have to write that to keep me accountable, but it’s honest and true and I know I have to be honest with myself so that I actually get my butt back into gear.

Pilates yesterday killed me. It was a good burn though and I am getting a lot better on the reformer. It’s quite weird but I do feel it working many different smaller muscles and it has helped a lot with my posture.

Last night Shea and B and I went to Concert in the Park and with a Michael Jackson Impersonator and a Lady Gaga impersonator, let me tell you it was hilarious and the people watching. WOW. It was pretty fun and we will definitly be going back again soon!

We received great news last night that our offer is officially approved and we are going to be in Escrow on the house starting next month. We are so incredibly blessed. I can’t get over it! We will be able to live together soon! :) We hope to move in late September after we get it painted. We figured painting it before we move in would be much faster and easier.

B said the first thing we have to do is put up an American Flag. :) I am SO excited that we are going to have a place to live!

So here’s to hitting up the gym tonight and getting in a run tomorrow morning. No matter how far I run and how much I walk, I’m going to get one done!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner

Wow, congrats! Your home is beautiful. I love the reformer!

July 29, 2011 at 11:20 am
  • Reply kristin miller

Why not do a race in Europe, just for ha ha’s sake?! ;-D Congrats on everything, God is good.

Motivation: small rewards work best for me. “If I wake up and go running I’ll buy coffee instead of making it.” or “I’ll get a pedicure if I complete all my planned workouts this week.” OR, my old standby which I’ve never failed at: I tell a friend “I’ll give you $10 if I don’t workout today.” If I’m feeling really lazy, I raise the anty to $20.

July 29, 2011 at 12:24 pm
  • Reply Audrey

Yeah, I can totally understand how you’re feeling right now. If I don’t have a race, it’s really hard for me to get out there. I practically skipped running all last year so it’s really hard getting back on track this year. I say enjoy this time and the honeymoon and all that. When you’re back, you’ll get back on track :)

Congrats on your home!

July 29, 2011 at 1:04 pm
  • Reply Sandy

Congrats on your new home!Everything is falling right into place for you two! It was really meant to be!!

July 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm
  • Reply nicole

i left my mojo in long beach… it took a good 6 months to return to me too! congrats on the cutest humble abode! so glad you and b will have a place to call your own! LOVE YOU

July 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm
  • Reply Nicole

Your new home is too cute! :)

July 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm
  • Reply Page

I’m glad you are getting in the right mind-set, I’m totally guilty as charged on that as well.

And congrats on the house!!! You are officially a grown up ;)

July 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply Brynne

Congratulations on the house!

My mojo left when my stress fracture came .. I hope I find it when I’m healed!

July 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm
  • Reply That Pink Girl

Ah, your house is adorable! It looks so homey already! You’ll have so much fun making it just right for y’all!

July 29, 2011 at 7:50 pm
  • Reply Glamorous Newlywed

Pretty sure my mojo (for working out, at least) got lost somewhere in grad school and never came back… :)

Love the house, it is ADORABLE! Congratulations!

July 30, 2011 at 7:05 am
  • Reply Julie (A Case of the Runs)

Yay for the house! So happy for you and the beginning of married life for you!

August 1, 2011 at 11:10 am