Hooray!

I am so glad that I can finally say that B and I are on My Fair Wedding! We didn’t move up the date because I am pregnant and those of you who thought that are sick! That is not happening for a long time. :)

Yesterday we had our first taping day and it was amazing. Everyone is so nice! I still can’t believe it and we are so excited for David to give us the wedding of our dreams! It will be great.

Here’s a few of the most asked questions I get about it.

No I don’t know what my dress looks like, I don’t know what he’s changing or not changing or even where we are getting married! All we basically know is the date, which is in three weeks! July 23rd :). It’s all a surprise and it will be amazing. We got on the show because my Maid of Honor, Shea, nominated us and we just kept getting pushed through the process and finally were selected to be on the show. We are so very grateful for everything!

On a completely unrelated note, I weighed myself at the end of the 40 day challenge. (side note: I NEVER weigh myself because I don’t care about the number but it’s more how I feel. AND I LOST SEVEN POUNDS! I couldn’t believe it. I have truly been feeling a lot better and without fast food and soda I have been being pretty diligent with eating fruits and vegetables and trying to be healthy but I couldn’t believe it! I have finally been seeing a little change in my arms and shoulders too! So I’m going to keep lifting those weights!

This weekend I have two bridal showers and I can’t wait! They will both be so much fun even though I am so nervous about opening gifts in front of other people! I hope to get in a little run tomorrow morning and then a gym session before the shower! I am so excited these next three weeks are going to fly by!

39 Responses to Hooray!

1. SO exciting! My guess was the Tori and Dean wedding show–can’t wait to watch you guys on My Fair Wedding in the Fall!

2. Kristen says:

So many exciting things!! Your wedding will be amazing – and so many fun surprises. I was really nervous to be the center of attention at my shower too but it isn’t that bad. People love seeing all the gifts. Enjoy these next few weeks!

3. Caitlin says:

that is sooo exciting!

4. This is so exciting!!! Your anniversary will be four days after mine! Yay!
    Don’t be nervous about your showers…they will be so much fun!

5. natalie says:

so exciting to see how the show unfolds!!! congrats on the weight loss!

6. That is so cool!!! I tweeted you yesterday, but I’m private so you can’t see. But that’s AWESOME!!!!!!

7. Nicki says:

I am so happy for you and your soon to be hubby! I cannot believe how exciting it will be to see the episode air in the fall. You will be a BEAUTIFUL bride! Have fun at your showers, and congrats on rocking your challenge!

8. That’s SO awesome! You definitely need to let us know the date it will be airing! Ahhhhh congrats!

9. I absolutely love that show and David. He just understands what a bride is thinking, even when it’s off the wall crazy! (Not saying that you are that way at all – but you’ve seen some of those crazy themes some of his brides have had!)

Enjoy this time – it goes by so quick!

10. Anne says:

Congratulations – that’s all fabulous news!! This month is going to FLY by for you. Enjoy every minute!

11. Jocelyn says:

AMAZING! I love that show! You’ll have to keep us all updated on when the show will air! CONGRATS! :D

12. Danica says:

Congrats! That’s so exciting! I’m definitely going to watch bc as nerdy as it sounds I get excited to see people with my/our name on tv because it’s so rare!

13. Kelly says:

I’m so excited you for, for the wedding and the weight loss!! :)

14. Page says:

UH-MA-ZING!!!!!! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

15. Congrats!!! Don’t forget to share the date the show will air!

16. Omg! That is so awesome!!!! Enjoy every minute of it!

17. Dana says:

Congratulations! You guys are so cute – can’t wait to see you on the show!

18. Krista says:

I was already obsessed with that TV show, I can’t wait to watch you on it!! Yay!!

19. AHHH how exciting! congrats! I can’t wiat to see it!!

and wooo for the weight loss! you go girl!

20. Kristen says:

WOW!!!!! That is SO exciting! I can’t wait to watch your episode, you will definitely have to keep us all posted!! Congratulations and enjoy your time!

21. Kate says:

That is SO EXCITING!!! What a fun story to be able to tell in the future! Can’t wait to watch!

22. Joerunfordom says:

Danica – Congratulations! So happy and excited for you. Lucky, lucky guy that man of yours.

Enjoy all of it Danica as it goes by so, so fast. You are going to be a beautiful bride.

Best to you from Austin!

J

23. nicole says:

YAY!!! Live it up D! I’m so happy for you and love you dearly!!!

24. Sherri says:

That is so exciting D! I’m so happy for you both. I know it will be an amazing experience and you deserve all the happiness!

25. Ahhh so exciting!!! I can’t wait to “watch” your episode – you are going to be such a BEAUTIFUL bride. What a way to get married!

26. Wow! That is so exciting, congrats! You’re going to be on TV!!!

David seems like quite a character, too. Can’t wait to see what he does!

27. How cool! Can’t wait to watch the episode. Let us know when it airs!

28. Lora says:

How exciting!!! Please share as much info as you can about the MFW process!

PS: What was the 40 day challenge? I tried to look at past entries but I can’t figure it out.

29. OMG, SO MUCH FUN! I got married 7 months ago (and blogged the hell out of it: http://irunyourun.wordpress.com/wedding) and I’m still a little wedding obsessed (though this week I FINALLY unsubscribed to weddingbee.com — it was time to move on :)

Now that we’re stationed in Manila, I don’t know if I’ll be able to see your episode! Please post a link or something so I can watch it! I’m loving it here and know it’ll be hard to move back to DC in two years (we have an AMAZING apartment, massages cost less than $20 with tip, laser hair removal is $23 a treatment, a night out with food AND drinks comes out to $25/person), but for things like these, I totally miss being able to just turn the TV on and watch it!

Ok, I wrote too much. Ooops.

But you’re getting married in 3 weeks! YAY!!!

30. Stefanie says:

OMG! this is going to be amazing! I cannot wait to see your wedding. Enjoy the whole process and laugh …a lot! Congratulations.

31. Brittany says:

I had a feeling it was something like that. I am SOOOOO excited for you! I love David Tutera and I love My Fair Wedding. It will be so exciting to see you on the show!

32. Ashley says:

OMG Congrats! How AWESOME is this going to be! Have a blast, and I cannot wait to see the show! Any clue when it’ll air?

33. lilly says:

wow! So exciting, congrats! The show sounds like so much fun! I completly missed the post where you explained you wedding being moved up, so I’ve been pretty confused as to why it was so much sooner! lol. I’ve never seen the show, but hopefully I can catch it online when the time comes. Your decorations seem creative, i’m interested to see how it will all come together with the show!

34. Sandy says:

David will give you an awesome wedding! I can’t wait to see the show! Congratulations on your weight loss too. You look great!

35. Keri says:

SO SO SO excited for you! I always said this was the ONLY wedding show I would do! I’m sure you will have an amazing experience and I’m so happy we get to follow along :)

36. Sarah says:

That’s so awesome!!! You’ll have to write all about it.
    -Sarah
    fitango.com

37. Katie says:

I had been wondering!! Because we use to have the same wedding date- 2-25-12!

But I did not want to put you on the spot about the date change. Congratulations- though you would of done a wonderful job yourself, he will add that extra pizzaz.

One of my all time favorite shows.

Cannot wait to see it-

38. kristen says:

OMG! this is beyond amazing. I can’t wait to see it. But i noticed it doesn’t premier until November! Do we really have to wiat that long? So cool!

39. Megan says:

So So SO fun that you’re going to be on TV!!! I love My Fair Wedding!!