Hooray!

I am so glad that I can finally say that B and I are on My Fair Wedding! We didn’t move up the date because I am pregnant and those of you who thought that are sick! That is not happening for a long time. :)

Yesterday we had our first taping day and it was amazing. Everyone is so nice! I still can’t believe it and we are so excited for David to give us the wedding of our dreams! It will be great.

Here’s a few of the most asked questions I get about it.

No I don’t know what my dress looks like, I don’t know what he’s changing or not changing or even where we are getting married! All we basically know is the date, which is in three weeks! July 23rd :). It’s all a surprise and it will be amazing. We got on the show because my Maid of Honor, Shea, nominated us and we just kept getting pushed through the process and finally were selected to be on the show. We are so very grateful for everything!

On a completely unrelated note, I weighed myself at the end of the 40 day challenge. (side note: I NEVER weigh myself because I don’t care about the number but it’s more how I feel. AND I LOST SEVEN POUNDS! I couldn’t believe it. I have truly been feeling a lot better and without fast food and soda I have been being pretty diligent with eating fruits and vegetables and trying to be healthy but I couldn’t believe it! I have finally been seeing a little change in my arms and shoulders too! So I’m going to keep lifting those weights!

This weekend I have two bridal showers and I can’t wait! They will both be so much fun even though I am so nervous about opening gifts in front of other people! I hope to get in a little run tomorrow morning and then a gym session before the shower! I am so excited these next three weeks are going to fly by!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

39 Comments

• Reply Betsy | Heavens to Betsy

SO exciting! My guess was the Tori and Dean wedding show–can’t wait to watch you guys on My Fair Wedding in the Fall!

July 8, 2011 at 9:02 am
  • Reply Kristen

So many exciting things!! Your wedding will be amazing – and so many fun surprises. I was really nervous to be the center of attention at my shower too but it isn’t that bad. People love seeing all the gifts. Enjoy these next few weeks!

July 8, 2011 at 9:05 am
  • Reply Caitlin

that is sooo exciting!

July 8, 2011 at 9:10 am
  • Reply Angela @ MyPinkyToes

This is so exciting!!! Your anniversary will be four days after mine! Yay!
    Don’t be nervous about your showers…they will be so much fun!

July 8, 2011 at 9:13 am
  • Reply natalie

so exciting to see how the show unfolds!!! congrats on the weight loss!

July 8, 2011 at 9:19 am
  • Reply SouthernBelleJM

That is so cool!!! I tweeted you yesterday, but I’m private so you can’t see. But that’s AWESOME!!!!!!

July 8, 2011 at 9:22 am
  • Reply Nicki

I am so happy for you and your soon to be hubby! I cannot believe how exciting it will be to see the episode air in the fall. You will be a BEAUTIFUL bride! Have fun at your showers, and congrats on rocking your challenge!

July 8, 2011 at 9:24 am
  • Reply Julie @ Wearing Mascara

That’s SO awesome! You definitely need to let us know the date it will be airing! Ahhhhh congrats!

July 8, 2011 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Alicia at Poise in Parma

I absolutely love that show and David. He just understands what a bride is thinking, even when it’s off the wall crazy! (Not saying that you are that way at all – but you’ve seen some of those crazy themes some of his brides have had!)

Enjoy this time – it goes by so quick!

July 8, 2011 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Anne

Congratulations – that’s all fabulous news!! This month is going to FLY by for you. Enjoy every minute!

July 8, 2011 at 9:29 am
  • Reply Jocelyn

AMAZING! I love that show! You’ll have to keep us all updated on when the show will air! CONGRATS! :D

July 8, 2011 at 9:32 am
  • Reply Danica

Congrats! That’s so exciting! I’m definitely going to watch bc as nerdy as it sounds I get excited to see people with my/our name on tv because it’s so rare!

July 8, 2011 at 9:32 am
  • Reply Kelly

I’m so excited you for, for the wedding and the weight loss!! :)

July 8, 2011 at 9:40 am
  • Reply Page

UH-MA-ZING!!!!!! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

July 8, 2011 at 9:57 am
  • Reply Emily @ Sweating Sugar

Congrats!!! Don’t forget to share the date the show will air!

July 8, 2011 at 10:32 am
  • Reply Jayme @ runner n spice

Omg! That is so awesome!!!! Enjoy every minute of it!

July 8, 2011 at 11:17 am
  • Reply Dana

Congratulations! You guys are so cute – can’t wait to see you on the show!

July 8, 2011 at 11:26 am
  • Reply Krista

I was already obsessed with that TV show, I can’t wait to watch you on it!! Yay!!

July 8, 2011 at 11:27 am
  • Reply lauren alysse

AHHH how exciting! congrats! I can’t wiat to see it!!

and wooo for the weight loss! you go girl!

July 8, 2011 at 11:29 am
  • Reply Kristen

WOW!!!!! That is SO exciting! I can’t wait to watch your episode, you will definitely have to keep us all posted!! Congratulations and enjoy your time!

July 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm
  • Reply Kate

That is SO EXCITING!!! What a fun story to be able to tell in the future! Can’t wait to watch!

July 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm
  • Reply Joerunfordom

Danica – Congratulations! So happy and excited for you. Lucky, lucky guy that man of yours.

Enjoy all of it Danica as it goes by so, so fast. You are going to be a beautiful bride.

Best to you from Austin!

J

July 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm
  • Reply nicole

YAY!!! Live it up D! I’m so happy for you and love you dearly!!!

July 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm
  • Reply Sherri

That is so exciting D! I’m so happy for you both. I know it will be an amazing experience and you deserve all the happiness!

July 8, 2011 at 5:23 pm
  • Reply Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs

Ahhh so exciting!!! I can’t wait to “watch” your episode – you are going to be such a BEAUTIFUL bride. What a way to get married!

July 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm
  • Reply Alison @ The Peacock Diaries

Wow! That is so exciting, congrats! You’re going to be on TV!!!

David seems like quite a character, too. Can’t wait to see what he does!

July 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply Fit Chick Britt

How cool! Can’t wait to watch the episode. Let us know when it airs!

July 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply Lora

How exciting!!! Please share as much info as you can about the MFW process!

PS: What was the 40 day challenge? I tried to look at past entries but I can’t figure it out.

July 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply Carla @ I Run, You Run

OMG, SO MUCH FUN! I got married 7 months ago (and blogged the hell out of it: http://irunyourun.wordpress.com/wedding) and I’m still a little wedding obsessed (though this week I FINALLY unsubscribed to weddingbee.com — it was time to move on :)

Now that we’re stationed in Manila, I don’t know if I’ll be able to see your episode! Please post a link or something so I can watch it! I’m loving it here and know it’ll be hard to move back to DC in two years (we have an AMAZING apartment, massages cost less than $20 with tip, laser hair removal is $23 a treatment, a night out with food AND drinks comes out to $25/person), but for things like these, I totally miss being able to just turn the TV on and watch it!

Ok, I wrote too much. Ooops.

But you’re getting married in 3 weeks! YAY!!!

July 9, 2011 at 12:11 am
  • Reply Stefanie

OMG! this is going to be amazing! I cannot wait to see your wedding. Enjoy the whole process and laugh …a lot! Congratulations.

July 9, 2011 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Brittany

I had a feeling it was something like that. I am SOOOOO excited for you! I love David Tutera and I love My Fair Wedding. It will be so exciting to see you on the show!

July 9, 2011 at 11:54 am
  • Reply Ashley

OMG Congrats! How AWESOME is this going to be! Have a blast, and I cannot wait to see the show! Any clue when it’ll air?

July 9, 2011 at 3:44 pm
  • Reply lilly

wow! So exciting, congrats! The show sounds like so much fun! I completly missed the post where you explained you wedding being moved up, so I’ve been pretty confused as to why it was so much sooner! lol. I’ve never seen the show, but hopefully I can catch it online when the time comes. Your decorations seem creative, i’m interested to see how it will all come together with the show!

July 10, 2011 at 8:46 am
  • Reply Sandy

David will give you an awesome wedding! I can’t wait to see the show! Congratulations on your weight loss too. You look great!

July 11, 2011 at 11:05 am
  • Reply Keri

SO SO SO excited for you! I always said this was the ONLY wedding show I would do! I’m sure you will have an amazing experience and I’m so happy we get to follow along :)

July 11, 2011 at 11:08 am
  • Reply Sarah

That’s so awesome!!! You’ll have to write all about it.
    -Sarah
    fitango.com

July 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm
  • Reply Katie

I had been wondering!! Because we use to have the same wedding date- 2-25-12!

But I did not want to put you on the spot about the date change. Congratulations- though you would of done a wonderful job yourself, he will add that extra pizzaz.

One of my all time favorite shows.

Cannot wait to see it-

July 12, 2011 at 7:29 am
  • Reply kristen

OMG! this is beyond amazing. I can’t wait to see it. But i noticed it doesn’t premier until November! Do we really have to wiat that long? So cool!

July 12, 2011 at 7:37 am
  • Reply Megan

So So SO fun that you’re going to be on TV!!! I love My Fair Wedding!!

July 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm