Weekend + Challenge Update

This weekend I worked in San Diego for the Rock and Roll Expo! Met some awesome and super nice people, and told lots of people why Long Beach is my favorite race, and no it’s not just because I work for them!

It was a fun weekend seeing everyone excited for a race and it made me look forward to my next 10K the 4th of July 10k!

Hung out with this guy at the booth all day and ran before we left for the Expo on Friday morning. It was a great way to kick off the day and I swear, that feeling that you get after you work out just makes you feel SO good! I had dinner with the sweetest girl EVER whom I work with who works at iFitness and we totally enjoyed talking wedding, work and life! It was great. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early ( I still can’t believe we got up) and hit the gym. I was pretty stoked to see these bikes with TV’s in them!

Made my 6 mile bike ride go by nice and quick! We had an AMAZING breakfast at a little random hidden cafe and before I knew it we were back at the Expo again and I had some lovely visitors stop by… my lovely “sisters”! We actually all share the same last name, but are not related, and it’s a very weird last name. They are both Marathon Maniacs as well and everyone always says it’s so strange how much we do look alike! :) Love them!

I also finally got word that the Laguna Hills Half Pictures were up! I was SO excited when my friend Emil emailed me some and they came out AMAZING! I finally have a great jumping picture!

I really don’t know how I got so high off the ground!

So here’s the challenge update to date. Less than a month left!

Friday – ran 3 miles. shins are still very tender :(

Saturday – biked 6 miles, abs and a few arm workouts, was on feet ALL day at expo, sore legs!

Sunday – walked 3 miles. boring, but got it done.

Monday – ran 3 miles. felt okay. glad I got up early even though I was exhausted

Tuesday – ran 2 miles, walked one miles. really sore today… and yoga shall kill me tonight.

The shins are really sore. But I am diligently going to keep going on the 40 day Challenge. I also have some pretty crazy wedding news and I can’t share much and I don’t even know much besides the fact that we got chosen, but B and I got chosen to be on a show that is all about our wedding! We can’t share any details but…we are getting married on July 23, 2011! I can’t wait and I’m so excited that I don’t have to wait LONGER to get married… the fact that it’s next month is crazy! We are so excited and can’t believe we got chosen! So I am having a shower in a few weeks and my bachelorette party is the weekend before! It’s going to be a whirlwind of fun and exciting activities and it all ends with us getting married! YIPPIE!

28 Responses to Weekend + Challenge Update

1. Courtney says:

That jumping picture is AWESOME! Heck, if I got one like that I think I would even cough up the cash to buy it! :D

2. Jessica B. says:

You make that jump in thte air look effortless! ANd I cannot wait to hear all the wedding details. Especially what show it is on!

3. Oh my goodness that’s so soon! I’m so excited for you guys!!!

4. Kelley says:

That jumping picture is AWESOME! So excited about your wedding news too!!! Hope your shins get better!

5. Audrey says:

Can’t wait to hear more about the wedding show!!! :)

6. Heather says:

That jumping picture is fantabulous!

Exciting wedding news, too!

7. Sandy says:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see the Wedding Show! Love your jumping picture too :)

8. Cra cra craaazy! Congrats! Are you guys still going to use your barn location and decorations for a fun party with family and friends?

And nice work on the 40 day challenge. That will feel good to be done.

9. Amy says:

WOW! congrats and sweet pic!

10. Keri says:

Wow, crazy! I love wedding shows!! I hope its one I can watch :)

11. Love the jumping pic. I might have to steal that idea on my next race.

12. Kelly says:

YAY! So excited for you guys! Your 40 day challenge will be totally worth it now :)

13. Leigh says:

Love your race pictures! Mine from my half were terrible. Like really terrible.

So exciting that you got picked for the show! Can’t believe your wedding is in just over a month! Can’t wait to hear more details! :)

14. Brittany says:

Oh my gosh! July 23rd?! That’s so soon – exciting! I can’t wait to hear more about it.

Oh, and the jumping picture is awesome! I tried to do that at my race this past weekend but another girl totally blocked my shot :)

15. Naomi says:

i love the race photos – those should be framed! and congrats on 7/23! i am so intrigued to read more about the tv show!!!!

16. RoadBunner says:

I LOVE your race photo! Perhaps second only to Page’s jumping race photo (since she had that kooky facial expression). I think if I tried to do that in a race I’d just fall flat on my face. Very excited about your new wedding plans!!!

17. Laminator says:

Dropping by to see what you’ve been up to Chicrunner. I can see you are doing so mighty fine. Glad to hear. Best of luck on wedding prepping!

Awesome race photos!! I think I might need to get a click on pony tail because the swinging pony looks so good in race pics! Congrats are your very upcoming wedding!!!! I hope you give us more details when you can.

19. Michelle says:

Those pictures are AWESOME! You need to teach some kind of crash course on how to take amazing running pictures. Seriously.

So exciting about the wedding show! I can’t wait to hear more :)

20. Anna says:

Those race photos are awesome! You look like you belong in a magazine. Congrats on the wedding show! How exciting!! I can’t wait to read all about it!

21. Love that jumping pic… that’s pretty much awesome!

22. Emily says:

Ahhh you will have to tell us all when it airs.

Bridezillas?
    Say Yes to the Dress?
    4 Weddings?

Can you tell I’m somewhat of an addict?

23. Rhea says:

Love your jumping picture and congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

24. Bonnie says:

Can’t wait to see the wedding show! Congrats! I hope it’s Say Yes to the Dress cause it’s my fave. :) Surely not Bridezillas because you are the last person who would be a Bridezilla!!!

25. Billy says:

Dig those pics Danica. Miss ya tons. We should get together for dinner or something soon.

Excited for your big day upcoming!

26. Nelly says:

It was great to meet you at the San Diego race expo! You are the first running blog that I started following last year, so it was great to finally meet you!

Those running photos are awesome!

Congrats on being chosen for the wedding show, that is really exciting, I will for sure watch! haha