Challenge Update

Whew! I am more than half way done with the Challenge that ends on July 1st. 16 days left. I am not feeling like I’m drastically losing weight, but I am proud of myself for being more active and making better choices. I also feel like I’m sore way more often now! Which, I must admit, I secretly like. I have also been trying out many new things, biking more consistantly and running more, even if it’s only shorter distances.

With pilates I learned some new ways to work very different muscles and I’m looking forward to doing pilates this afternoon. I’m pretty nervous but I know in the end it’s only an hour and I’ll survive. I’ve also been going to a legit yoga studio which I am loving as well. Two very new things to me that I’m very glad I tried out.

As for the challenge, here’s the recap since the last update.

Tuesday – ran 1 mile walked 2 :( Sad that my shins were still hurting!

Wednesday – biked 6 miles at the gym. Also worked arms.

Thursday -Ran 1 mile to the gym, worked out my legs, ran 2 miles home. These are the days when my legs feel it the most!

Friday – Biked 6 miles at the gym before work since we had the wedding that evening!

Saturday -Biked 6 miles, ran 2 miles on the treadmill at the gym and worked out my arms. I realized I need to bust my little arms up now since I’m getting married basically tomorrow.

Sunday – Biked 6 miles at the gym, walked 1 mile.

Monday – hit up the gym, biked 6 miles and went home to craft!

I must admit, I am getting into a groove and loving taking the time to work out and I know the only reason I don’t and get lazy is because I don’t make a priority, which is not okay! It’s all about making time and getting up. I also have a few tricks for peeling myself away from the sheets.

I learned this from a friend. She puts her ipod next to her bed and once the alarm goes off she turns it on and pumps up the jams and puts the earphones in her ears and she said, and I agree, that it’s pretty hard NOT to be awake after that! I also just think about getting up and how much better I will feel knowing that my workout is done and I know once I get up, I’m good to go for the day. It’s just all about making that choice to DO IT.

15 Responses to Challenge Update

1. I think it’s so true that making exercise priority is the way it happens every day without fail. There are simply too many things in life that can pull us off track or take up our spare time that fitness really has to be part of your day that you plan for. Otherwise, the time will quickly come and go or something more fun will come along.

2. Woo-hoo! Great commitment, Danica!

3. after reading about your challenge, I decided to try my own, just run every day in June, no matter what the mileage was. Just to get out there. Also to run 120 miles for the month (I’m running a 10 miler this weekend) and beginning training for a half, so I figured no big deal… haha. I laugh at myself – i work nights and most days choose sleep over a run.. I’m a work in progress I guess! And there’s always today! working up to your level of commitment!!

4. I am so impressed with you for sticking to something like that. I am sooooooooooo close to my next weight goal that I might need to adopt a challenge like this!

5. Keri says:

Great idea with the ipod and nice job on the challenge!

6. jessica b says:

That is a really good idea. I am going to try that tomorrow morning. I usually sleep in my workout clothes so that when I get up all i have to do is put on my shoes ad go

7. tricia says:

great job! love the ipod idea

8. ilovesteaks says:

Good job keeping up with your challenge!

My choice… I bought a medium bag of dark chocolate M&Ms. mmm I’m getting fat and I have the Seattle RnR Marathon coming up in a couple of weeks. But hey my left leg feels better! :)

9. Lori says:

I love the ipod idea. Now if I could only convince myself that great music really was the key to getting myself to the gym by 4:30 AM when it opens so that I can be at work by 6:45 – I might actually go in the morning.

so cool! i looked at my calender today and couldnt believe how fast time is going! i’m SO excited!

11. Katie says:

Wow you rock! I think exercise is more about feeling good and happy, the weightloss usually follows a happy attitude! And a real yoga studio will change your practice, truly. I was never into yoga until I began working at my studio now I hate when I have to miss a class!

12. What a great idea about putting the ipod next to your bed. I have so much trouble waking up for workouts in the morning. Looks like you’re doing great with the workout challenge!

13. stephanie says:

Good job keeping it up! You’ve had an awesome week of workouts.

That’s a good trick to put in your headphones right away. Sometimes if I don’t have anything to do right after my workout I’ll drag my toes and have a much later start than I really want.

14. Katelyn says:

Just came across your blog and LOVE IT! Great to see someone else going through a Challenge! I just started my blog to help me stay on track as I make my life just a little bit healthier :) Looking forward to continuing reading!

15. Shane says:

I dont know how you have the dedication to stick at it. I would have been bored within a few days and quit.