30 days from today…

I will be a MRS! That is freaky and I don’t like thinking about becoming a Mrs. It sounds SO old! :) But today we kicked off the day by getting our marriage license before I went to work.

It was pretty easy, we just filled out our information and walked over to a window and the clerk asked us to raise our right hands and promise that everything was not a lie on the sheet we filled out. I accidentally raised my left. Anyone who knows me would not be surprised at all since I have big issues with differentiating my left from my right. Though I was looking rather tired, we snapped a picture.

and the other thing I figured out this past weekend was the ingredients to picnic punch! With a little help from Shea’s friend who is a bartender we found the perfect concoction and my new love…. Cucumber Vodka! I will have to share the ingredients to Picnic Punch sometime soon!

It might sound lame but I love my last name and it’s even been part of my nickname for a long time, “The Koo” and I realized it’s my last 30 days of being the koo! It was a bitter sweet moment when I realized that this morning! But yes, I am taking his last name so I will no longer be the koo anymore! B told me that the only way I could keep my name is if I actually spelled out the word Hyphen between our names, so that is not going to happen! So cheers to these last 30 days of being the Koo!

16 Responses to 30 days from today…

1. Jayme says:

Congrats!!

The screen shot of the Congratulations from the Country Clerk’s office looked more fun than I would have thought! I pictured it just being a boring ole form. Kinda cool that all of that can be done online nowadays (makes sense).

2. Yay!! I feel like the big day has come up really fast! Enjoy your last 30 days of being a single lady! :)

3. julie says:

If you hold up your hands, your left hand makes an “L”…I do that all the time to help me. :)

4. nicole says:

i cant believe its 30 days to your wedding. i got your card today and totally teared up!

5. You could always keep your name socially. I kept my name when I got married but don’t mind be addressed with his name socially.

6. You guys are so adorable :)

I’ve been married almost 9 years and I HATE being called Mrs. I love that I am a Mrs., but I always look for my MIL. When asked, I usually put Ms. I don’t know it still feels so weird – but it does!

Yay for your wedding being SO close.

7. Kelly says:

I can’t believe it’s 30 days! :) The 23rd is a great day to get married. I’m sorry we won’t be there!

8. Last names are funny things – you don’t realize how much they are tied to your identity until you face a new name.

I kind of put mine together with the Husbands. Not a new name. Literally just put together.

It was a happy compromise! :)

Oh and btw, I think it will take a long time before I’m used to someone calling me Mrs.

9. Page says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I’m so excited for you!!!

You can still be called “the Koo!” It will just confuse people who are meeting you for the first time with your new last name!

I have been married for 5 years now and still don’t think of myself as Mrs! I didn’t change my last name though so that’s probably why.

11. Felice says:

The name thing is funny. I loved my last name but took my husband’s name when we got married (it’s a good one, too). Professionally, though, I use my former last name as my middle name so I go with the 3 names (not hyphenated). I changed it to that on my ss card and license and all that.

Thirty days — exciting!

12. Audrey says:

Haha, I often catch myself doing the L formation with my left hand to remind myself! :P

And I’m sure you will always be a Koo, even if not in the legal form. ;)

13. Bonnie says:

After almost 10 years, I can tell you that you’ll always be “The Koo” to the people that matter. I freaked about changing my name, thinking I was changing my identity in some way. It’s simply not true, but I understand entirely where that comes from. As Shakespeare wrote, “A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Women are like that. ;D

I had a really hard time changing my last name when I got married, because I was so attached to my maiden name. So I went by two last names for awhile… until I got used to my new one. :)

15. natalie says:

You could always make if your middle name.

I thought about that about 2 weeks after I changed my name. Kicking myself now…

16. Danica I am SO excited for y’all!!!! It will be here before you know it. Enjoy this time – you are going to make such a beautiful bride!