The 40 Day Challenge

So I’m finally back on a schedule. I must admit, I am not happy with my body. I have put on a few pounds recently and I can’t tell if it’s a switch of medication, me not being diligent in working out, or my bad eating habits. We’ll I’m currently going on week 4 of eating much better and though I haven’t drank soda for the past four weeks and haven’t had any fast food (SOB) I have yet to see anything change. That means it’s time to kick it up a notch. I am in charge of what I put into my body and what I do with my workouts and I just have to make it a priority to see results. If you aren’t happy with yourself, guess who is to blame. WHALA! Danica needs to get her sh!t together! So therefore the 40 day challenge was dreamed up.

Tara and I have started the 40 day challenge together, where we both run at least 3 miles for forty days straight. Currently, I’m on day 3 of the challenge and though it hasn’t been too much of a challenge yet, I know that just getting in the miles with a no excuses attitude is going to help me tremendously long term. I always have a tendency to get bored and give up easily. I don’t know why I do this but I know having someone to keep me accountable and a challenge to take on will help me push towards the end.  I also recently got a deal for a local yoga studio, which I went to my first class last night and it was hard in a great way! A few girls I know got the same deal and we are all excited to take classes together. It’s ALL about accountability for me. I can easily let myself down but I know better than to not show up when I know friends will be there.

Lately my bathroom has been looking like this:

Running shoes and dirty clothes littering the floor and I’m feeling good about it! Tomorrow I’ll recap my first yoga experience which was wonderful yet scary and started off with my friend and I being reprimanded for talking by another classmate.

So here’s my stats, and yes I don’t care much about my weight being online. Right now I am currently at about 156 pounds and I know my happy weight is about 140-145. I know it’s just a number but I also know that right now I’m not happy with the way I look and I am the only one who can change that. If i get to 150 and feel great, that doesn’t mean that the challenge ends and I stop working out. It means I’m at a good weight and I feel great.  I hope this challenge leads to a much more active lifestyle and through different classes and fitness techniques I hope I learn more about being healthy. I have already learned so much about cooking and eating and I’m always on the hunt to find better snacks and implement them into my diet.

So forty day challenge progress thus far:

Day 1 – Ran 3 miles. PAINFUL because of the pulled hamstring. Gym for 45 minutes doing abs and arms.

Day 2-  70 minute blue 2.0 yoga class at Purple Yoga. Ran 3 miles, hamstring starting to feel better.

Day 3- Ran 1 mile to gym. Ran 1 mile on treadmill. Gym work for 30 minutes doing abs and arms. Ran 1 mile home. Hamstrings are feeling better and I’m shockingly not DYINGLY sore from yoga yesterday.

This challenge paired with my much better eating habits should have awesome results… fingers crossed!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

60 Comments

• Reply 55printing.com

Hey there would you mind letting mee know whichh hosting company
    you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and
    I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Caan you
    suggest a good internet hosting provider at a honest price?
    Thank you, I appreciate it!

July 19, 2018 at 6:43 am
  • Reply 55Printing.com

My relatives every time say thatt I am killing mmy time here
    at net, except I know I am getting knowledge every day byy reading
    such nice articles.

July 19, 2018 at 6:55 am
  • Reply 55Printing

Great blog! Do you have any tips ffor aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon bbut I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out
    there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any tips?
    Many thanks!

July 19, 2018 at 7:11 am
  • Reply recycle battery recycling newbury

Thanks for these tips. One thing I should also believe is the fact that credit cards supplying a 0% rate often lure consumers together with zero rate, instant authorization and easy online balance transfers, but beware of the top factor that may void that 0% easy streets annual percentage rate and throw anybody out into the poor house rapidly.

July 19, 2018 at 9:54 pm
  • Reply auto post to facebook from website

facebook groups poster software

best fb posts

July 19, 2018 at 10:08 pm
  • Reply France Rugby Store

Just desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your pos is simply great and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Finee with your permission let me to grab your feed too keep updated with forthcoming post.

Thanks a million and please keep up thhe enjoyable work.

July 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply Unterkunft Waldenbuch

Beautiful quiet 1-room apartment / kitchen / bath / WC / SAT-TV / Internet / washing machine In the countryside, comfortable, at the end of a cul-de-sac, bright quiet 1-room apartment with separate, private entrance. The apartment was completely renovated in May 2018 and refurbished. Parking is available on the public road and are always available. The apartment has a 40 inch satellite TV, a washing machine, as well as internet (wi-fi) for a small fee. An iron and ironing board are also available. In the kitchen you will find an oven with ceramic hob, a dishwasher, a refrigerator with 4-star freezer, a coffee machine, kettle and a toaster. The chocolate “shop” factory outlet of the world-famous brand Ritter Sport as well as the Ritter Museum and the Ritter Museums-Café can be reached after about 450 meters or 6 minutes on foot. For nature lovers, the beautiful Schönbuch forest invites you right outside the front door to walks or hikes. Waldenbuch is located on the northern edge of the forest and the natural park Schönbuch about 17 km south of Stuttgart and has about 8500 inhabitants. It is about 14 km to Böblingen, 19 km to Tübingen and about 12 km to the Messe Stuttgart. Idyllically located in the valley, Waldenbuch today radiates a special charm with its half-timbered houses, fountains and seasons in the historic old town center. Both the town church of St. Veit with its 36 meter high church tower and the beautiful castle delight the guests. 24h check-in by arrangement possible Food discounters such as Lidl, DM drugstore market, penny market and beverage market can be reached on foot in about 5 to 20 minutes. Due to the quiet but central location of the apartment is by car in a short time in Stuttgart, Tübingen, Esslingen, Böblingen the outlet city Metzingen or Sindelfingen.

July 20, 2018 at 8:08 pm
  • Reply hydro flask shop

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on All Blacks Store. Regards

July 20, 2018 at 10:06 pm
  • Reply all Blacks store

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog
    shine. Pleas let me knbow where you gott your design. With thanks

July 20, 2018 at 10:39 pm
  • Reply schedule facebook posts app

search facebook group posts