Wedding Update!

So I figured since I’m engaged and getting married next February I’ll have to post a few updates on the planning process! We have mostly everything done, because I’m a freak like that, and working in the wedding planning industry for three years prior, kind of helped me narrow things down quite a bit. In a previous post, I posted a picture of some fabric that we bought for some ideas at the reception, but besides that, I haven’t really started doing much with the reception decoration diy projects. I know that our colors are red, white, and gray. My mom’s colors were red and white, so I am very excited to coordinate that into the wedding! We have been drinking a lot of coke out of glass bottles too, because those will be incorporated into the decorations too! :) We have to get one more fabric that is a gray or white feminine fabric to balance it all out.

Shea and I are traveling out to the reception site, which is a barn, this weekend to take measurements for everything so we can roll up our sleeves and start getting crafty at home. I’m her number #1 cutter when it comes to fabric. :) As for dresses, I’m going to try some on this Saturday! I have invited a few very important people in my life and am excited to share that with them.  On Sunday we are having our tasting. I am SO excited to work with our caterer. Their food looks delicious and lets just say the sampling of our menus looks a little like this.

Cocktail Hour includes Crispy French Fries, Little Kobe Beef Sliders with Farmhouse Cheddar & Country Pickles and Mini Corn Dogs with Honey-Whole Grain Mustard & Pickled Tomato Relish where they’ll be serving Sparkling Triple Citrus Sangria and Still Water with Grapes & Lavender.

I can already see myself in a food coma after that, but it continues on to be awesomely amazing. Since we are getting married at a Catholic church, it kind of limits the time when we could have our ceremony, but we are starting off the reception with dancing & toasts since I don’t want to serve dinner at 4, but since I don’t want anyone to go hungry or get bored during this time, we are having an array of fresh fruits and veggies and cheeses at the table with warm bread.

After that, it’s finally dinner time, and so many people say, I didn’t get to eat at my wedding. Well this girl is going to eat. Sorry people. It’s definitely happening. Here’s what is on the menu for dinner time. Sweet & Subtly Spiced Boneless Beef Short Ribs with Apple Horseradish Sauce, Wood Grilled Chicken Breasts with Tomato-Oregano Salsa, Roasted Tomato & Parmesan Macaroni & Cheese
Grilled Seasonal Vegetables & Fingerling Potatoes and Chopped Vegetable Salad with Preserved Meyer Lemon Dressing.

HELLO. Can it get much better? I am so excited for this weekend and our tasting! Seriously, it will be delicious, and it’s so B and I, that’s the best part. When I was looking for a caterer, I talked to a lot of different people and companies, and I don’t think they really understood what I was saying when I wanted sliders and mac and cheese. I got back a lot of ‘common’ wedding food, and I was really excited when the company we are going with responded with this awesome menu. I had a great feeling when I talked to her on the phone and she pulled through huge. I was immediately sold.

As for arts and crafts I have been working on these little flags to have at the tables at our engagement party next weekend. They have our website on them and they are going to sit in little buckets on the tables.

I have to finish them up sometime this weekend as well, but I really like the way they turned out. Which is the same feeling I have towards our wedding website. I am in LOVE with it! I worked with a mastermind graphic designer (who did my blog) and I used to work with, and it’s just a wordpress site with a  new theme and a few adjustments. I LOVE it!  He’s also going to help design the invitations and I’m so stoked because if I tried to do that,  it would turn out horrible.

So that’s where we are at for the wedding thus far. I’m pretty sure we’re narrowing down photographers and I have a meeting with a florist next week. I guess being an obsessive planner is a good thing sometimes. :)

23 Responses to Wedding Update!

1. WOW! I’m so impressed. You have really got it together!!! I went to your website– you two are TOO CUTE. LOVE the photos, love the site! Well done. Excited to hear more.

2. Your theme is so cute, and food sounds super yum. I saw your website, too. Very nice.

3. Jessica B. says:

This is so cute, you are super organized. Can’t wait to hear how all your wedding planning goes

4. Ally says:

Awh, yay! For the record, I DID eat at my wedding–are you kidding me, when am I ever going to turn down food? Our caterer even gave us a couple to-go boxes, ha!

Good luck trying on dresses–have fun and don’t let anyone get pushy, find what is right for YOU!

5. Keri says:

Ahhh so exciting! Love your ideas! So different than anything I would think of doing…so creative!

6. Nicki says:

Everything looks and sounds so great! Excited for you and this time! February 25th is my birthday! :)

7. Heather says:

I love the colors, the flags are adorable, and the food sounds yumtastic!!

8. AWESOME!

You are a master wedding planner! Wedding planning stresses me out a little which is why we decided to do a destination wedding at a resort – so they take care of a lot of the little details that I have trouble focusing on (big picture person over here :P)

Your menu sounds AMAZING though!

9. Ooh, you have a lot of planning already done! Nice work! Sounds like it’s going to be a fun event with some great food. I’ll definitely be eating at my wedding (whenever that is). ;)

10. Kelly says:

I’m already hungry reading the menu! you are so on the ball!

11. I promised I would eat at our wedding. And guess what? EAT we did! I ended up not drinking though (aside from one strawberry caipirinha), because I just didn’t want to leave the dance floor to go to the bar (we danced until almost 3am!).

It worked out though, because I only had to pee once :) (By the way, when you pee with your dress, straddle and face the toilet — best advice EVER.)

yum… my mouth is watering!

13. cindylu says:

You make me feel behind on the whole planning thing. I’ve been engaged less than three weeks and every time I start looking at wedding planning stuff I get so overwhelmed. I have a huge family and having them there is very important to me. This will not be a small (and thus much less costly) wedding.

14. Awesome colors… and for some reason they seem SO you. Congrats agin!

15. x-country2 says:

Fun fun fun! I loved planning my wedding.

16. Jessica says:

Trying on dresses was one of the best parts of planning my wedding. Don’t let people push you into making a choice you don’t want. When you find the right dress, you’ll know it! I wore my dress for 2 hours at the store while picking out bridesmaid dresses and didn’t want to take it off!

17. Missy says:

Love all the ideas so far! As for making sure you eat at your wedding, just have the wedding party go thru the buffet line first before the guests, that’s what my cousin did! That way you will definitely get to eat! Can’t wait to see all the final decisions!

18. julie says:

Great ideas!! And I agree, if you make it a priority to eat at your wedding, it happens. I ate at my wedding!!

19. Bonnie says:

Even if you do eat at the wedding, make sure to have some snack packed for later. We had a fall feast at our wedding, but after dancing the night away and visiting with people, we were hungry again!
    Love the ideas, menu etc! I can’t wait to see how crafty you are going to be!

20. Leigh says:

Wedding planning is so exciting! That’s awesome how much you have done, organized and booked for the wedding already!

Have fun trying on dresses this weekend :)

21. Girl, you are on top of it! I’m impressed. Beef short ribs and macaroni and cheese remind me so much of my wedding day — yum. Enjoy your fun-filled weekend!

22. ilovesteaks says:

I love Kobe beef sliders! I hope the rest of the planning goes well.

23. Alisa says:

Awesome….you’re going to be such a beautiful bride!!!!!!!!!

If you decide to do any more DIY stuff like flowers or centerpieces let me know I did all that stuff for my wedding.