Getting back in the Groove…

Finally! I feel like I’m getting back into the fitness groove. I asked for some suggestions of keeping my running interesting a few posts ago and got some great suggestions. I think switching up my music, my route and going to the gym intermittently will definitely help keep things interesting. I had two amazing workouts on Friday and Saturday this weekend before going in a twice baked potato coma yesterday. I really have a great leg workout that I’m loving at the gym, and it includes a 1 mile run to the gym and a 2 mile run back. My legs are STILL sore from Friday! Saturday I did arms at the gym and it was a great workout, thankfully those are functioning better than my legs. I will have to recap those workouts that I’m doing because I feel like they are quick, easy and really push me. Besides working out this weekend Bryan took me to pick out my wedding band for my Easter present!

I’m going to just get a simple band that I can wear on my right hand and when I’mĀ  not wearing my engagement ring I will wear it on my left hand. I am so excited but sad that I don’t get it until next February! Shea and I did a lot of spring cleaning this weekend, going through our closets, cleaning out stuff, cleaning parts of the house. It was nice to get a lot of stuff put away, and she even went through her closet and got rid of a lot of clothes, I was so proud of her. I love throwing things away, and she… does not! I also worked on this lovely little Easter decoration and hung it in our house.

It’s just a rainbow of paint chips cut out like little eggs! It brings some color into our house. Now I must take it down and save it for next year. I even got festive and dyed eggs. I seriously don’t remember the last time I dyed Easter eggs and I went big and splurged for the 2.99 egg kit instead of the 1.99 one and I love the vibrant colors.

And, now I have a new favorite thing to eat. Hardboiled eggs! I have never tried one before and I did this weekend, and it was amazing! Now I am obsessed! I don’t know why I haven’t tried one before but man they are delicious. We also took engagement pictures this Saturday and I’m DYING to see them! I don’t know if I can wait any longer! :) So overall a pretty productive weekend, minus my Angels getting SWEPT by the Red Sox! Heartbreaking! This week will be crazy at work with the OC Marathon but I’m excited to work another event. It makes me so happy to see everyone at the starting line and to know that everyone is embarking on a journey I’ve done before! It’s a great feeling.

Here’s to an awesome week!

11 Responses to Getting back in the Groove…

1. Did I read that right… no hardboiled eggs, ever?? That’s actually quite amazing. Glad you like them. Add some salt+pepper!

2. Christy says:

Your wedding band looks like mine! :) I’m sad though b/c one of the side diamonds in my engagement ring band popped out yesterday. Gotta get it fixed today. Glad to see you had a great Easter!!

3. Missy says:

I love hard-boiled eggs, they are a great protein source! And super yummy, you should try egg salad if you like hard-boiled eggs!

4. Love the ring! I wish I did something like that – especially for when I’m running (I don’t like to run without my rings, but they can be annoying). Maybe I’ll hint for our 10-year anniversary :)

5. LOVE your band- well, I’m partial cause I have a diamond eternity band, too! ;) Great minds think alike, huh? When I was teaching, I used to leave my engagement ring at home and just wear my band. Loved the simple and sophisticated look of it. Great craft idea, too! xo

6. Keri says:

omg your wedding band is beautiful! I’m actually looking for something similar to match my setting.

Love your eggs. Easter is a fun holiday. So exciting about the engagement pictures. I’m looking forward to taking ours!!

Sorry about your Angels…I’m a Mets fan so I understand :)

7. Ari says:

Love your wedding band, it is so beautiful! And wow, I can’t believe you hadn’t had hard-boiled eggs before.. so yummy!

8. Vanessa says:

your paint-chip egg garland is ADORABLE. I am definitely definitely doing that next year!

9. J says:

OMG that band is so cute! I still have not picked mine out yet but hopefully soon! I am thinking of something similar to yours, just not sure if I will do half diamonds or an eternity band!

10. Jayme says:

So glad to hear that you are back in the fitness groove. Have been following your blog for a while — love all your posts! Happy training!!

11. Beth says:

I’m totally stealing your idea for the wedding band! With my engagement ring, a wedding band just wouldn’t look right if I wore them together on the same finger. I wasn’t sure if I’d get one, but I think this’ll make it work!