That just happened.

So here’s a video that a friend posted that someone else took of this weekend.

More and more pictures are being added to the photograph section and man, it just looks miserable. Then to think oh yea, I was one of the idiots out there.

As I am in recovery mode this week, I am pretty surprised at how not sore I am, comparatively to the previous races I have run.

Here’s another hilarious video from the race from Jimmy Kimmel Live. It’s funny if you start it around 1:15. I wish we would have seen the tiger blood! Sadly, we were probably too delirious to even notice much else was going on besides the pounding rain. I can’t believe people just take the stuff and eat it! Hilarious!

So I am thinking about going for a short run tonight, or at least hitting up the gym and riding the bike or going to the elliptical. I’m so excited to watch American Idol! I have been feeling good though and I think perhaps tomorrow I will post a giveaway that I’ve been keeping for a bit! :)

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

14 Comments

• Reply Bonnie

Okay I consider myself a “tough chic” and run and hike year round in New England. I’m not sure I could have dealt with that type of weather! You go Danica!

March 23, 2011 at 10:44 am
  • Reply Lindsay

This is a great Jimmy Kimmel video! So glad to see those runners not really getting too mad at him but going with the flow (except for the water bottle stunt). :)

March 23, 2011 at 12:21 pm
  • Reply Sarah Soon-To-Be

LOLOLOLOL I can’t get over the Uncle Sal clip. I just made everybody in the office watch it with me and I belly laughed the whole time.

Good luck this weekend. Sending dry thoughts up to Oakland

March 23, 2011 at 1:03 pm
  • Reply Jamie

This is awesome.

I think I am totally bringing an empty TV box (weighted with bricks) to the Boston Marathon…

March 23, 2011 at 1:09 pm
  • Reply Chrissie

Love that clip! “If you’ll run in this weather, you’ll do anything!”

March 23, 2011 at 4:59 pm
  • Reply Brandi

That Jimmy Kimmel video was so funny! I cant believe people actually drank the “tiger blood” and ate the sardines covered in chocolate!
    Congrats on finishing the race in those awful conditions! Good luck in Oakland! I hope it will be DRY and not windy!

March 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply Linzay

hahah that is hilarious. I would definitely carry a huge flat screen tv 26 miles. The people trying to get water made me sad though. That’s the meanest joke ever!

March 23, 2011 at 9:35 pm
  • Reply Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run

I think it’s important to let your readers not take sips of water while watching that video.

I about lost everything in my mouth when I saw the grandfather clock. Hilarious!

March 24, 2011 at 8:57 am
  • Reply Tiffany

Hey Danica!

I just signed up for my first half…..so excited!!

I was wondering if you have any training plans that you used in the past that worked pretty well? I printed off the Hal Higdon plan, but have no idea if that is the best approach.

I’ve run several 5K’s and a 7.5 mile race before, but I’ve never done 13.1, so I want to be sure I get prepared! :)

I would love any advice you have!

~Tiffany

March 24, 2011 at 9:59 am
  • Reply Zoë

“Grab some there, Warlock!”
    HILARIOUS! And that first video is intense. Take it easy!

March 24, 2011 at 7:24 pm
  • Reply H Young

That was crazy hilarious. Wow, can’t believe the weather for the LA marathon, Seattle like rain. Great recap, thanks!

March 25, 2011 at 8:35 am
  • Reply Aron

OMG!!!! Insanity.

March 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm
  • Reply Chocolate Shoestrings

haha i totally wouldve eaten those chocolate covered sardines! and taken the tv! hilarity!

March 27, 2011 at 6:29 am
  • Reply Nelly

that video is hilarious! Love how one runner ran by, tried to grab the water bottle and then swore at him! haha

And Tiger Blood? priceless.

Can’t believe you made it through the race, I seriously would have considered just not running the race, it just sounded horrible!

March 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm