Another Nose Dive…

So it seems I’m on a klutzy roll. The weather was great for a run last night and I was looking forward to running with B all day. He is now obsessed with MapMyRun and maps our routes together.  Then I started running. Meh sums that run up pretty well. Sometimes it’s a bummer when you are looking forward to a run and it just isn’t want you think it is. After the lackluster run with my legs feeling fairly dead, my knee still healing from falling this weekend, I took a nose dive in the shower. I don’t know how it all  happened but I slipped and totally banged my good leg up against the side of the tub and I can feel a pretty nasty bruise coming on on the opposite leg from the fall. Awesome, my legs are going to look like they went through battle at the LA Marathon! For just falling and skinning my knee, I seem to have a pretty decent bruise going on there. Rad.

Otherwise, I went to the gym once this week and did some biking and elliptical. :/My nights were filled with a little American Idol, (my new obsession for some reason) and a little bit of wine, looking a little like this.

I know I should have added some miles in somewhere else, but alas, it didn’t happen. I’m glad since I did run the 20 miler this past weekend, I am not TOO worried, it is what it is. I am so excited to run with T and M at LA and know we will be having a blast. T and I are going to rock the tiger look as well and I’m excited to have that going for us!

Work has been wild and crazy since we are gearing up to kick off our marketing for Long Beach at the LA Marathon, and we are busily working on the OC as that is just around the corner! I can’t believe it’s basically mid-March. On another exciting front, B’s parents put in an offer on one of the most beautiful homes I’ve seen in Lake Arrowhead and we are going to look at it this weekend, and B and I are going to put an offer in on a house sometime next week! Details will come I’m sure. :)

Last night after staying up with the roomies, I saw the coverage of the Japan earthquake. Such a sad event for the world. I truly hope we can come together more and I pray for those affected by this terrible tragedy.

14 Responses to Another Nose Dive…

1. Good luck on the house offers!! It must be very exciting.

2. Adam says:

Holey crap. I love the way you pour wine. Pour it like you mean it!

3. That is some awesome coloring in your knee-wound. Good work, lady.

Survived my 20 miler this weekend too. Bring on 16 Sunday and then a blissful taper before LA! See ya there!

4. Astro says:

Careful girl, or you’ll be sporting crutches soon.

5. Keri says:

oh my gosh good luck on your house hunting! So exciting! How are the wedding plans going? Have you chosen a date? We opted for a long engagement…

6. Lacey says:

I just started following you on twitter, I can’t believe I wasn’t before. My nights are always filled with wine! lol

7. Bless your heart! Your poor little leg – ouch!

8. Bonnie says:

Good luck on the house! LOVE the Tiger look…you must post photos and I’m now paranoid about falling!

9. Leigh says:

Ouchers! That is one mean bruise you have!

Good luck with the putting an offer on a house…such an exciting yet stressful time!

10. Kelly says:

Holy crap that’s a huge bruise! Stay safe out there.

11. Hi Danica!
    Just found your blog- it looks fantastic! Your knee looks EXTREMELY colourful lol, that must have hurt! I’ve had a bruise or two like that in my time- battle scars :)
    Anyways, thought I’d say hi and invite you to check out my blog :) theonlyplanetwithchocolate.wordpress.com
    twitter: odie_
    cheers!

12. Runeatrepeat says:

That bruise is horrific :( Super sorry.

13. Kelsie says:

Glad I’m not the only runner that falls. Ate it, mile 3 LAM 2010 AND ate it mile 16 Chicago 2010. It’s funny… Now. Good luck on Sunday, I’ll be out there too!

14. Ouch! I feel your pain. I fell a week before my first half marathon last year (stupid stupid stupid!) while on my last long run. I got a big ol’ bruise like you have!