One YEAR!

Today is ONE YEAR with my company, Run Racing. I can’t believe it and here’s a little recap of the year in pictures.

LA Marathon was my first big expo that I worked. I never had done anything like this before and it was quite fun and tiring all at the same time. It does give me a little bit more of a chance to meet my readers though, but it ruins a lot of my weekends since I have to work so much!

More expos!

Another fun part of my job is setting up flags for SeaFestival. That’s every weekend in the summer from May to September. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 5 am to 8 am and then back at 6 pm to take them down. I’m not so good at putting them together, but it’s hilarious to watch me, according to my coworkers. :)

There were the OC Fair 5ks, which were cool and my first ‘races’ that I worked.

Met even more fun people and worked with Leslie and Adri, my two lovely co-workers!

The highlight of the summer work was meeting, or maybe just seeing Michael Phelps. DANG.

Before I knew it, it was time for Long Beach! GAH craziest weekend of my life! Still can’t believe I made it out alive.

This picture almost brings me to tears hahaha. The best part of this picture is all those people have my email address, and if the course is an inch to long, or they couldn’t find a parking spot because they left late, or their shoe came untied, they email me.

After we cleaned up LB, it was Turkey Trot time where it was 36 degrees that morning at 3 am, much to cold for this little turkey. And then onto the Holiday Half!

Maritza came out and ran, and I was in the command center all morning long.Pretty crazy to hear everything going on and having to communicate with so many different agencies for the race.

Now we’re back to Expoing it up and getting ready for the OC Marathon! Last year I missed the OC Marathon because I was in Canada, but this year I will be there with bells on.

I am SO thankful for the people that sit in the ‘bullpen’ with me. They make my life much more entertaining at work and makes the nasty emails I get much more laughable. If you want to know more about my job, you can find another post here that I did on it.

Here’s to another fun year of staying out of the way of the forklift, crying between portapotties and dumpsters, drinking so much monster and coffee we’re shaking and laughing about christening portapotties at 3 am. One of the scariest things in life is using portapotties in pitch blackness and not knowing where the crew guys are who think it’s humorous to torture us. See my life pretty much revolves around these.

22 Responses to One YEAR!

1. Congratulations on the one-year! You’ve accomplished a lot and helped a lot of runners along the way!

2. Madison says:

Happy 1 Year! You’ve done so much this year. You are an amazing PR person. You’ve done an awesome job at representing your company. Finally, you created some amazing looking medals this year. I am so sad I missed LB and Holiday Half last year. This year!

3. Aron says:

Happy one year girlie!!! I still remember talking about this job opportunity at SC last year… a year flew by!

4. Morgan says:

Fun!!! Happy Work-versary! :)

5. I just wanted to say…FINALLY I can get your site into Google Reader. It would not accept it forever. You had to be in recommendations for it to accept your site.

But Reader doesn’t show your pictures. :-( I have a friend that has the same problem.

Oh well, point is…I will remember to read regularly now and happy anniversary!

6. A year at Run Racing already?! Dang how time flies! Happy Work Anniversary!

7. cindylu says:

Happy anniversary!

I’m in that LB photo somewhere at the back of wave 2. It was such a great morning. I know you did your best to make sure things went well and I’m glad you even personally emailed me after I commented on the two (now kinda) small problems I had after the race.

8. Kristen says:

High fives to loving your job and working with fun people!! Double high 5′s to Michael Phelps’ abs!

What a fast year its been! Im so happy you love your job and all the adventures you’ve been on!

10. Spike says:

If I wsa Mr. Phelps, I wouldn’t ever button up a shirt ever…in fact, I wouldn’t own a shirt.

11. Demi says:

Congrats on your 1 year work anniversary!!!!! What a fast year!

12. Page says:

Congrats on the anniversary – soon enough you’ll be celebrating an even BIGGER anniversary ;)

13. Anne says:

Congrats on your 1 year work anniversary! You sure did and do a great job and I know how important it is that you love what you do AND that you love your coworkers. It just makes things so much easier and long weekends so much more bearable. To more happy fun years to come!

14. Missy says:

Happy Anniversary! Such an awesome job to have!

15. Aj says:

YAY! Congratulations!

I hope you’ll be working the OC expo since I’m officially registered.

16. Ali says:

Happy 1 Year Work-iversary! :) I love reading about it!!

Happy WORK Anniversary!! So glamorous to work with portapotties!! Sounds like you have a blast every day!

18. Congratulations on a great year with your company!!! I know it’s a lot of work and sometimes stressful but you are fabulous at it!!!!

XOXO

19. Adam says:

Wait wait wait, you put a picture of both me AND Michael Phelps and you say that meeting HIM was the highlight of the year!?

Yup, seems about right. :) Congrats on 1 year!

20. Meg says:

I love the picture of the Long Beach starting line crowd. I was smooshed in there somewhere, having a claustrophic panic attack before one of the best runs of my life! I definitely did not email you & I’m hoping to sign up for this year’s LB before the prices go up on 3/1… wish me luck convincing the hubby :) Happy Anniversary! And congrats on surviving/creating such a busy, awesome year!

21. Sarah says:

Happy one year! Best of luck for the year to come!

22. Pingback: One YEAR! « bettingonhorseraces.info