Long Runs and Training

So with the whole work Texas Trip, I didn’t get any long run last weekend. FAIL. This weekend I have a 14-16 miler scheduled, which I shall tackle on Sunday. I’m going to run with my new iFitness belt, which I am SO excited to try.

It looks like such an awesome way to carry water, and when I’ve worn it around the house I’ve noticed that it doesn’t bounce like my regular fuel belt. So I will report back hopefully with awesome results.

I went for a 4.5 miler last night and it was one of those runs that went really well and it felt good to get out there and get my legs turning over again. Toward the end I was really running hard and it felt so natural and exhilarating to have that feeling back. It was crisp out and I felt good. I have still been having a little bit of trouble with my shins so I  made sure to roll them out when I got home.

Now that we aren’t working every weekend here at work, I have a few weekends to get in some long runs before LA and Oakland, which makes me a little more confident that I will be able to survive the races. So I’m back on track and going to finish out the training strong. It’s only like a month away! I can’t believe how fast January and February are going. Soon it will be March and the races will be over.

I have decided to not do any more fulls for the rest of the year, and I’m going to run a few half marathons, 5Ks and 10Ks to keep my running up.I just feel like my body is really tired. I love running but I just don’t love training. I admit, it takes so much time, effort, and it’s overwhelming sometimes. I love training for halfs and shorter distances. That’s just how I work.  Training just takes up too much time right now and I know that this year is a special year to enjoy many things and hobbling around after a 20 miler isn’t exactly the way I want to spend my weekends. I’m looking forward to these two fulls and then working on my speed and running to enjoy it and just when I want to, not having to adhere to training as much. I have been going to the gym a lot and I do enjoy that a lot too. I’m going to start swimming again as well, because I love it!

And, B and I are getting married on February 25th, 2012 :) We were hoping for March, but the place we are looking at is already booked. SHEESH PEOPLE!

So here’s to a good long run on Sunday, a non-bouncy iFitness belt and some awesome carb loading, per usual.

21 Responses to Long Runs and Training

1. See you at LA :) I registered for the full this week and am trying to get ready in 5 weeks. Eek!

2. Tiffany says:

YAY!! February 25th, 2012…sounds like a great date to me!! Hope your long run goes well. Glad you had such a great 4.5 miler.

3. kristen says:

Hope you have a great long run!

:-) YAY long run!! and YAY for no more marathons! I’m done too! I’m sick of marathons! :-)

YAY wedding date! Im SO happy for you guys!!!! <3

5. Stuart says:

There’s something to be said for going shorter these days!

6. Chrissie says:

Oh, let us know how you like it! I’m looking to change from a handheld water bottle to a belt. And I am cracking up at the image of you wearing it around the house :)

Congrats on setting a date! Exciting stuff.

7. Sarah says:

Considering I buy almost everything you review :) … I can’t wait to hear about the iFitness hydration belt. I use the pink Nathan one now but it’s not my favorite. Congratulations on setting your date! I can’t believe how fast things book up these days!

8. Spike says:

Sometimes you have to dial down the running a bit. When I do it, it is more like a running hiatus…I need more balance in that arena.

Other people’s love should not interfere with yours, and yet in a very meaningful way the have…how dare they!!!

9. Bonnie says:

Congrats on booking the venue! I remember that feeling…it makes it all so REAL!

10. Linzay says:

You’re getting married on my birthday! Best day EVER!!!!

11. Stephanie says:

Wow, a date already- how exciting!!
    Can’t wait for the iFitness belt review. I was thinking of modifying my Fuel belt to look something like this. It doesn’t bounce too much, but i really don’t need 4 bottles as its never THAT hot here in England and i’m only HM and Tri training, but i’d like a bigger pocket. But then again, i may just buy that belt instead!!

12. Tiffany C. says:

I got the ifitness double pouch belt last summer because of your rave about them and I LOVE IT! I am so excited to see that they have a hydration belt now. I might just have to splurge before my next half (Country Music Half in Nashville) Have a great run tomorrow!

13. I really dont know how people train consistently for marathons, etc.

I’m running my first Half next weekend and this month alone, I’ve pretty much quit working out because I’m just mentally and physically exhausted.

I’m looking forward to a hiatus and thankful my second Half isn’t till October!

Congrats on picking a date and venue!!

Good idea to take a break from fulls. You will be a busy girl this year planning your wedding!

15. congrats on the wedding date! :)

16. Keri says:

Ahh congrats! You are way ahead of me. We just started looking this weekend. I love one of the places we saw but still have a few more to see…

17. RoseRunner says:

Fulls are pretty darn draining. I’m of the opinion that one per year is plenty!

I’m a little behind on the curve, are you running the Oakland full or half? I live in Oakland, so glad you will be visiting this dysfunctional city for a good run!

18. Kim says:

March is a great month for weddings, will celebrate 21 years! But February is that much closer, which makes it that much more exciting!!!

19. Ben says:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Best wishes.

Your fellow runner

20. Diana says:

I am so far behind, but wanted to send you a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You look so happy in your pictures. Best wishes always!!

21. Pingback: Long Runs and Training | easyglutenfreedietrecipes.info