I’ve created a Gu Monster!

So I put off my 16 miler off ALL weekend long and waited until yesterday morning to do it. Luckily, I dragged B along with me! He had done 10 miles with me before and though he is not a big fan of running, he likes doing it for a workout. He also has a new thing that he loves. EATING GU! As you know, I CANNOT ever eat Gu, so I had to scrounge some up for him. Ever since we saw Hood To Coast together, he has been wanting to try some and asks anyone who runs if they eat it. I finally found some and gave it to him and he had it the other day before playing racquetball at work (I know, right) and is now obsessed with it. Disgusting. So I brought him some for our run and got my new fuel belt all ready and off we went on the beach path. It was a GORGEOUS day for a run. The entire time we counted down the miles together and he was so excited to take his ‘gooey’ at mile 6. He loves them and can’t wait to try more flavors. Maybe it will just take a while for the novelty to wear off or one bad Gu and their relationship will be over.

I realize when I run, I try to eat as less as possible because my stomach gets so upset. So I eat at mile 6-10-14 and so on. I realize since he’s a boy and needs to eat much more than me, he probably should have eaten at  mile 4-8-12- and so on. :( Miles 13-16 were rough for him, but he finished it and I was really proud of him! He wanted to kill me for the rest of the day though. I’m working on the iFitness review though, it’s my new favorite thing hands down! I couldn’t believe how great it worked.

So after the 16 miler  yesterday, I am a little sore and  had a pretty disastrous blister. We averaged a 9:55 per mile pace which is pretty good. I’m glad today is a rest day though, I have been hitting up the gym and running a lot lately and I’m getting sore. Break day is my favorite day! :)

As for the other parts of my weekend, it was spent sleeping in (HOORAY, needed that!) watching TV, cleaning and buying fabric

Hint, Hint: Wedding colors! :) Don’t worry I’m not fashioning a dress out of any of this! HA! But I did also ask all my bridesmaids ad maid of honor as well. So now everyone is in the know! Another important part of this weekend :)

So now I have the 20 miler coming up next week. Pretty nervous but I’m glad that it will be out of the way and soon it will be LA Marathon time!

18 Responses to I’ve created a Gu Monster!

1. Melissa says:

I can’t wait to hear about the new iFitness belt. I’m looking to replace my regular two-pouch one AND I just started running with my own gatorade, so it would be perfect. I saw it at the Austin Marathon expo but wanted to wait until you tested it out first haha

2. Amanda Young says:

Hooray! LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric choices. Can’t wait to see how they come together!

3. Beth says:

Love the colors! I’m also using gray for my wedding, it’s a great neutral! And I can’t wait to hear about the iFitness review. I have a Fuel Belt, but I like how sleek the iFitness belt seems.

4. Leigh says:

I have tried to get my husband to run with me lately and no luck! Maybe I need to bribe him with food? Haha.

5. I’m the total opposite. I LIVE BY my GUs, while my boyfriend maybe takes in 1 during a whole 20+-miler! I don’t know how he does it… must be a boy thing.

6. Kelly says:

Can’t wait to hear about the belt! Glad B made it and didn’t kill you in the process!

7. Stuart says:

I so hd the wrong image in my mind with this title!

Have you tried Chocolate #9 gels?

8. Spike says:

A Gu monster, how awesome. I’m going to steal ‘gooey.’ For what it is worth, I only take a gu every 8 miles.

9. Carlee says:

I also cannot do gu. I have to do the shot blocks and stuff like that, again not eating too many or mad tummy erupts!

10. I have to admit, the only Gu I’ve ever had was the one in the LB goody bags.

And it was ………. DELICIOUS! lol Chocolatey and yummy!

11. Ally says:

Ohh, pretty colors!! And I think it’s totally hilarious that B loves Gu! I can handle Gu, but, I’d rather use something else for fuel. It’s just not my fave.

12. CUTE! I love the classy, romantic colors and fun patterns! Yay :)

13. Meghan says:

yay for wedding colors! you are so on the ball! :)

14. kristen says:

I was really hoping you were going to fashion ALL those patterns and fabrics into a wedding dress :P

I am with you on the GU’s. They hurt my stomach and you gotta stick with what works and stay the eff away from what hurts!

15. Runeatrepeat says:

I’m excited to read more about the wedding planning! I love that stuff :)

16. Tara says:

Great job on your run with B! too funny that he likes Gu…i still am to scared to try it again after my last disaster I had with it! :(

17. Jessica says:

I love Gu. I actually get cravings for it sometimes…it’s rather weird.

18. Pingback: I?ve created a Gu Monster! | easyglutenfreedietrecipes.info