Having a cold and training

So this week I have felt like this:

Okay, maybe that’s being a little dramatic, but I have been having the worst congestion in my sinuses! When it comes to training, I tried to run Wednesday morning and I was just so stuffed up and my head was pounding so this week I’ve ran an awesome 3 miles. UGH. Quite a bummer. So I’m calling this week a wash and getting ready to get back at it next Monday, since Sunday we are traveling to Texas (San Antonio to be exact) for a work conference and we don’t come back until super late night on Wednesday. I’m planning on doing a few short runs while I’m in Texas, early in the morning to do some exploring around town.

Tomorrow I have a work meeting for about 3 hours and then B and I are traveling out to look at a venue to have the wedding at. I still can’t believe that I’m engaged. It’s CRAZY and exciting. Especially since I’ll basically be out of commish August-December for the Europe trip and work stuff.

So here’s to starting over training next week and picking off right where I left off. Hey, I’ll call this a recovery week from Surf City. :) Hopefully I’ll have lots of fun stories from the work trip in San Antonio as well.

Cheers to Friday!

20 Responses to Having a cold and training

1. Missy says:

Hope you feel better and enjoy your trip! And again congrats on the engagement! Super exciting!

2. Madison says:

This is going to be such an exciting eventful year for you!

3. Kristin says:

Don’t worry. Last week was my “3 mile week”…not kidding. Check my blog. But guess what?! You come back stronger and fresh!!! Don’t worry!!!

4. Brittney says:

Have fun in San Antonio! You have to go the river walk if you get a chance, it’s so cool!

5. Bob says:

Gotta check out Durty Nelly’s pub, Riverwalk Level of the Hilton. Lots of fun.

6. Natalie says:

Feel better darling!
    You’re a lucky girl, congrats again on the engagement! SO EXCITING!!!

7. Gina says:

Feel better!

8. Laney says:

I have had a bad two weeks, completely derailed my training. I can actually breath tonight, which means tomorrow its back to training. Seriously behind though. Good luck getting back on track!

9. Jess says:

I hope you feel better! I think I’m starting to not feel so well either :(

10. my boyfriend lives in San Antonio! We go running there a lot… it’s so beautiful and festive. And the weather should be fab this week. Enjoy it girrrlll

11. I’ve been fighting a cold too. Hope you enjoy Texas. San Antonio is great. If you get a chance you should visit Mi Tierras. It’s an awesome Mexican restaurant with a great atmosphere and a huge bakery inside. It’s on the riverwalk.

12. Ali says:

I definitely have weeks like that. The hardest part is getting back into the training but it sounds like you have a plan :)

13. Page says:

Have fun in Texas and I hope you are feeling better soon!!

14. Stuart says:

You and me both sister! Get well soon! and enjoy Tex-ass!

15. Kim says:

Hope you are feeling better. Try alka seltzer cold, especially at night before bedtime. Have a blast in San Antonio! We lived there for 4 1/2 years, enjoy the great BBQ and TexMex food…oh how I miss that, I just love food!

16. Abigail says:

I hope you feel better quickly! Sounds like you have a busy year ahead of you!

17. RunningBlonde says:

I just got over 5 weeks of congestion and I missed alot of my runs. I finally got some antibiotics and a steroid shot and was instantly better. Don’t suffer 5 wks. like I did. I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy our Lone Star state!

18. RunningBlonde says:

Oh! P.S. If you go to the Alamo and look in one of the huge flower pots in front, you might find my black throw away gloves that I left there during the Rock-n-Roll San Antonio race. You can have them. In fact, I would be honored if they went to you!

19. Spike says:

feel better, being sick and running sucks. But B loves you even when you cough all over him.

20. Pingback: Having a cold and training « bettingonhorseraces.info