Wrapping up 2010

If you would have asked me at the beginning of 2010 if there would be changes in my life, I had no idea so many things would change! I have a new job that I love and though it has been a crazy year, and I have had to re-schedule some of the races that I wanted to do this year, I now know when is the best time to race with my job for the upcoming year and also know what to expect with my job. So lets finish off 2010 by going through some of the bigger things.

January kick off with me wanting to live vivaciously, which I think I did. I said I wanted to save money and work harder and be healthier. I think I did most of those things decently. I may have fallen off the fitness train a little because my life was so hectic work wise but I feel like now that I’ve worked at my new job for almost a year, I know how to make it work. I paid off one credit card this year which was amazing and now am working on my last 7,000 debt and then I’m home free! I think 2010 started out a little bit rough for me and there were a lot of unknowns.

I ran the Surf City Half for a 2nd year in a row during month two of 2010. I went to my favorite city, San Francisco and I went snowboarding in February. I also got my current job in February and left my advertising position behind and joined the crazies at RUN Racing.

In March, I finished applying and started getting accepted to graduate school. I was rather excited but after praying about it and really analyzing my finances, I came to the conclusion that putting myself in 75,000 dollars of debt maybe wasn’t the right thing to do at this point in my life. It was a tough decision but looking back, I know I made the right one. I also ran the LA Marathon and scored a personal worst full marathon time, but was really glad that billy was there for me throughout the debacle.

Nothing happened in April. Really, seriously. Nothing did.

At the end of May, Shea and I moved to a new home a few blocks from our old one. It’s much nicer and has much more room than our old place. June was spent unpacking and reorganizing my life.

July brought the 2nd half of the San Francisco Marathon and it was great to be in the city again.

We had a swimming event in August for work and we got to meet Michael Phelps. Hellllllllllo there. I also took a small social media break because I realized I do it ALL day for my job and some people were mean to me on twitter and called me a running snob and it just made me upset. It was a good little week break though. I also realized I really wanted a bike.

In September, I was working hard on getting ready for the Long Beach Marathon! I get so many questions on what my job is like, so I did a post about it.

October was CUH-RAY-ZEEEE. I was working about 70 hours a week and probably put in two 100 hour weeks at work. Seriously, insane but I’m SO glad that I did my first race and have it under my belt. Here’s a recap of all the random stuff that went on. Thursday & Friday. Saturday. Sunday. I also turned 25 and ran my 6th marathon. Yea, all before the 17th of the month.

November was filled with thankfulness and the Dana Point Turkey Trot, another work event. At this point of the year I’m living on coffee and monster and the bags under my eyes have their own zip code.

Our last work event took place in December, the Holiday Half and it was a blast! I was so glad to have worked all the events and gotten through one year! I also went to Portland and ran my first out of state race and finished off the year at the Operation Jack Half Marathon!’

So 2010 was pretty awesome, and I can’t wait for 2011, and since it’s already here, I’m ready to do this thing! :)

17 Responses to Wrapping up 2010

1. Kelly says:

2010 was super awesome for you :) can’t wait to follow AND meet you in 2011!

I hope 2011 brings us closer together & atleast one trip to visit! Miss you crazy runner sister! love ya!

3. Wow, you did so much in 2010! I hope 2011 is just as great for you :)

PS. I really can’t believe someone called you a running snob? I love reading your thoughts on running and your job! They’re so positive!

4. Gabrielle says:

Thanks for this. Best of luck in 2011

5. Aron says:

what a FUN and bussssy year!! Can’t wait to see you in 2011 :)

6. Shannon says:

Looks like you had a GREAT year! May 2011 be even better!

7. People called you a running snob? I’d think running guru…running goddess? Happy 2011 Danica!

8. Bonnie says:

Okay I just read your entry from LAST January and I just stopped biting my nails too! It was this summer….August/September so it was about a year after you, but the same thing, I just stopped. Anyway, thanks for the 2010 catch up, as I just “met” you this fall!
    xo

9. Page says:

2010….hollllllla! I hope we get to spend more time together in 2011!! Congrats on an awesome year.

10. Jessica says:

People call you a running snob? Puh-lease…just use that Michael Phelps picture to distract them:)

11. Melissa says:

A great year! Here’s to another fab one! :)

PS. i think i saw you will be at the R&R Expo in Phoenix? If so, i definitely want to stop by your booth! :)

12. Joerunfordom says:

Happy New Year Danica! You had such an amazing 2010, congratulations on som many wonderful accomplishments.

Running snob? Send me their names. They should know better than to mess with you. We don’t take too kindly to that stuff here in Texas!

I wanted to let you know that I’ll be sending a picture your way – Landry in her Nike kicks you sent to Austin. She wore them to a local 5K race I ran on New Year’s Day and I must have gotten a dozen questions about her shoes.

“They’re from her Aunt Danica” …. it was the most fun I had all day.

Take good care D! Happy 2011!

13. What an exciting year full of changes!
    And someone called you a running snob? YOU? Couldn’t be MORE wrong. What a horrible thing to say. Who are are they, I’ll go “tweet” them up! :o)

Here’s to a fabulous 2011 – you are going to ROCK IT in typical Chic Runner style!

14. Madison says:

Happy New Year Danica! I hope this new year is way less stressful than the last.

15. Leigh says:

You had quite the year in 2010! Can’t wait to see what 2011 brings you!!
    Ps- why did this person call you a running snob?! Because you run a lot of races and also organize them? Silly people with nothing better to do

16. Tara says:

2010 was seriously insane! I am SO glad we got to see each other so much and I am excited to see what 2011 has in store for you my maniac sister ♥♥♥

17. Lisa says:

sounds/looks like a great year. Mean people on Twitter suck.

Happy New Year!