Hood to Coast Movie + Long Run

So tomorrow there is an exciting thing happening in the running community! The Hood to Coast Movie is going to be shown at certain locations! It’s a movie about running the Hood to Coast Relay and though I haven’t done a relay yet, since I am anti-social, perhaps I will try one out in the future. I am excited to see the movie and the funny thing was, I actually met someone on my trip up to Portland who was in the movie. It looks like a fun movie and I hope to be able to find someone to see it with me tomorrow! Make sure to check out the trailer below and also pick up your tickets at If you want to know more, check out the trailer below!

This weekend I started off on a long run with Martiza! I am so glad she moved down here and I now have a running buddy. We ran 11.2 miles and I felt much better than I did at the Operation Jack Half Marathon. It was a great day to be out running and I wore shorts and t-shirt! Take that you snow birds!

Santa Monica is chock-full of runners and it was fun to see everyone out. We snapped this picture on our way back to our cars. Today officially kicks off my training for the LA Marathon in March and I was a good girl this morning and though I wanted to shank both my eyes out when my alarm went off at 5:30 am, I was at the gym by 6 and got in a really great workout. So I didn’t miss my first day of the plan. Hooray. Point for me. Tomorrow morning I have a tempo run and after my awesome run last week I am ready to do this!

Tonight I’m stoked on the Bachelor though. And I’m back to work and ready to kick butt this year. Thanks for all the comments on the last post and I’m glad that most could relate to my deep thoughts about running!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply tricia

SO excited about HTC tomorrow!

January 10, 2011 at 2:13 pm
  • Reply Tara

I wish we could see the movie together tomorrow!!! I think what when you do a relay it needs to involve me :D hehe Jealous that you girls got to run together ♥♥♥

January 10, 2011 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply Sarah

I have to see HTC now too! Thanks for posting this Danica and great job keeping up your training plan. Some mornings I find it so hard to get out of my warm bed to run so kudos to you!

January 10, 2011 at 8:04 pm
  • Reply Toronto Girl West

Running in shorts and t-shirts!?!?

And here I was convincing myself that -2F felt positively balmy. I may have even told The Husband it felt like spring was around the corner.

LOL Pathetic! :oP

January 10, 2011 at 8:24 pm
  • Reply Leigh

Not nice at all to brag about being able to run in shorts and a t-shirt! ;) It’s frickin freezing here! I am currently sitting in fleece pj’s in front of the fire day dreaming about running outside! :)

January 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Stacie

Great job on your long run! Keep it up girl!!! :)

January 10, 2011 at 11:19 pm
  • Reply Page

Just stopping by to say I miss you!

I love that photo of you and M (that’s where I got engaged)! See you in a few weeks!

January 11, 2011 at 6:40 am
  • Reply Amanda

Wish I had a running buddy. But here in Michigan I go to the gym in the winter months so talk to some folks there. Currently I am looking for some new tunes to add to my workout mix. I just added the song from this video:

Ideas welcome. Thanks!

January 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm
  • Reply Laura

I wish they were showing HTC where I live. I guess I’ll rent it on Netflix when it comes out.
    Also, I am so jealous about you running in shorts. I was just up in Nor Cal for a couple of weeks and loved running in a t-shirt in shorts. Now I’m back home and I’m just freezing. Frozen. and barely alive. (I know, a bit dramatic)

January 11, 2011 at 9:32 pm
  • Reply Linzay

I love your site, Danica! I found you from SkinnyRunner and will definitely be a regular visitor now. I want to see the Hood to Coast movie so bad! Hopefully it will come out in theatres again soon.

January 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm
  • Reply Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run

I like that, in your first picture, there are 2 random people in the background smiling for your picture. Hee!

January 17, 2011 at 2:12 pm