Great workouts end with…

So I had an awesome workout on Tuesday night and was just starting to feel awesome about training again. I hit a great tempo pace (8:15s) and was on target for my training this week. I was just starting to feel consistent and then wha whaaaaaa totally got ran over by the sickness truck and have been dealing with a cold this whole rest of the weekend. I know that I’m a very mental runner and getting sick makes me psych myself out big time. I was really nervous about my long run not being completed this weekend, but I let my nose do all the running and kept myself pumped with drugs.

I thought about doing my long run yesterday but I have run when I was sick before and it makes things so much worse. So I skipped the long run and called half the week a wash and got right back into training this morning with a trip to the gym. I feel much better about it and will go for a 16-18 miler this weekend. It actually works out perfectly too since this is the one weekend I’ll be in town out of the next three weeks. I’d much rather do a long run on my home turf. So this week I will prepare for that and I am feeling much, much better after getting rid of my cold!

On another weird and unrelated note, I’m looking for something to help ‘erase’ my large black under eye circles. Ever since Long Beach, I haven’t been able to recover! I don’t know what’s up but the black bags under my eyes look horrible! If you have any great tricks, tips or products, let me know. I put on some anti-aging cream every night but would love something to get rid of the blackness so I don’t get the whole ‘you look so tired’ all the time. I want to take out my pink peal erasure and get to work on them! Alas if it was only so easy :) So if you have any ideas or tips let me know!

And here’s a little gem from the Carlsbad Expo this weekend with my co-worker and I working our booth. :)

I also saw the movie No Strings Attached last night and really liked it! This morning I got up early and went to the gym and felt great. I know tomorrow mornings tempo run will be great and then I’ll be right back on track. Sometimes it’s easy to get lost in what you haven’t done instead of what you have accomplished!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

20 Comments

• Reply Julie (A Case of the Runs)

I’m not an expert on under-eye care, but maybe you could try those roll-ons by Garnier? I read that caffeine and Vitamin C are ingredients in there that help with that.

This weekend also is a 16-miler for me. Glad it will work out that you can do it in familiar territory. I couldn’t imagine logging that mileage someplace unfamiliar.

January 24, 2011 at 10:37 am
  • Reply Sassy Molassy

I’ve found that eye creams with vitamin K helps remove the darkness.

January 24, 2011 at 11:11 am
  • Reply G

Check out this blog post from Life After Bagels:

She’s got some good tips! Hope they help!

January 24, 2011 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Molly

I use Bobbi Brown’s Corrector Concealer. This stuff is magical and seriously I have the hugest darkest puffiest under-eye circles and it completely covers them up and looks natural! It is expensive ($22 a pop) but lasts for a long time b/c you only need to use a tiny bit for a whole lot of coverage!

January 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm
  • Reply adriana

HYLEXIN! I also have hereditary dark circles and hylexin doesn’t conceal it actually deminishes and in some cases completely eliminates those pesky things. I highly recommend it!

January 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Jessica

Garnier Nuctris has an under eye roller gel that comes with a tint or clear.

January 24, 2011 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Tara

randomly I was talking to my old roomie Kendra about under eye circles and she uses one of those roller pen thingies…I am not sure if I really buy into it, but I guess it’s worth a shot!

January 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm
  • Reply Christine

Hey Girly!! Sounds crazy but hemorrhoid cream actually works for under eye circles. Its a vaso-constrictor so it tightens up the blood supply so they don’t look so blue. WOrth a try!

January 24, 2011 at 7:18 pm
  • Reply Linzay

How did I not see you at the Carlsbad expo on Saturday?! I would have loved to say hi!

January 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm
  • Reply Page

Cure for under eye bags? Ice cream. And lots of it ;)

January 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm
  • Reply Morgan @ Life After Bagels

Hey Danica

not sure if you checked out my video, but email me with your specific concerns and I’ll give you some more tips

that is unless the big pink eraser actually did work, then I’ll really have an interesting topic for this week’s video ;)

. . . and thank “G” for referring my site

Glad I found your blog and nice to “meet” you!

January 24, 2011 at 8:31 pm
  • Reply Ashley

I use the Garnier Anti-Fatigue under eye cream. It has caffeine and something else that I forget in it that immediately works. My first week in law school I swear the bags under my eyes were hanging down to my feet and they were black as coals. Okay, maybe a teeny bit of an exaggeration, but this stuff works! I also like to use cold compresses. Good luck w/ your run :)

January 24, 2011 at 8:59 pm
  • Reply Kim

I have never tried it, but I’ve heard people talk about hemmeroid cream under the eyes for redness and puffiness. Not sure about dark circles being the same thing, but maybe. I’ve also heard good things about those creams with caffeine but haven’t noticed the effects myself when I tried them.

January 25, 2011 at 6:39 am
  • Reply Stuart

Hey if you find something for your eyes let me know, my bags are so big I keep tripping over them!

January 25, 2011 at 7:37 am
  • Reply Laura

I just tried the Garnier Fructis under eye circle roller thing, and while it’s not perfect, I like it so far!

January 25, 2011 at 8:13 am
  • Reply The Laminator

Sorry you got sick D! Yeah, i think it was a good idea to bag the long run and just pick up where you left off. Resting is just as important as the running…especially when you’re sick!

January 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Sarah

I use Laura Mercier Secret Concealer for my under-eye circles. I’ve never tried Hylexin but been tempted…

January 26, 2011 at 6:17 am
  • Reply Kelly

I thought that was you at the expo! Dang, I wish I would have stopped by to say hello…I think your darker hair threw me off!

January 26, 2011 at 11:18 am