Operation Jack Half Marathon

You may remember when I posted about Sam and his quest to run 60 marathons in 2010 to raise awareness for Train for Autism and his son, Jack, who has Autism. He formed Operation Jack and has traveled all over the country completing this goal this year. He will complete his goal this weekend and finish off the year with 61 marathons!

The above picture is Sam and his family. I am excited to let everyone know that I will be running in the Operation Jack Half Marathon here in California the day after Christmas! I am really excited to run this last half marathon of the year and in honor of Sam and all his efforts! It will be a great day out there and great to catch up with Sam after all his travels this year.

All proceeds from the Operation Jack Marathon will go to Train 4 Autism and the best part is that YOU can run remotely for Operation Jack whether it’s 6.1 miles, a half or a full you can participate too! You can learn all about it here and I know Sam is trying to get all 50 states represented! If you are in the LA area, come out to Dockweiler State Beach and run a half or full with us!

It will be a lot of fun and though I’ve basically only ran as far as 6 miles recently, I know it will be a great day and I will enjoy myself because I haven’t raced in forever!

Tomorrow I will post the Zensah winners and also put up the final giveaway of December!

13 Responses to Operation Jack Half Marathon

1. aron says:

yay have fun!!! wish i was going to be down south to join you :)

2. Morgan says:

I hope, hope, hope, hope, hope that your reach in the blogosphere can get him all 50 states for the satellite run!!! I’m in for the satellite myself but I so wish I could be out there to run the Full or Half with all of you!!! Good luck and have fun!!!

3. Sam F. says:

Thanks Danica … see you Sunday!

4. ilovesteaks says:

see you there! You should upgrade to the full you maniac! :)

5. nicole says:

so jealous! i’m going to do the satellite run! :)

6. Gina says:

I keep going back and forth on whether to run this or not. I was supposed to be patient and wait until Surf City for my next half (only my 2nd), but it’s so reasonably priced and for such a great cause that I keep swaying back and forth.

7. I’ve shared this on Google Reader in the hopes that people will sign up!!!

I can’t think of a better cause! :)

8. Jes says:

awesome cause! hope you all have a wonderful race! :)

9. Kristy says:

We’re going to have a great time, excited to met and have a good half with the girls!!

10. Have fun and good luck to you! I think it’s great that you are helping to raise awareness for this cause. And doing it during the holidays just makes it seem even more special.

11. chacha says:

Totally tempted to do this one – I used to live like 2 blocks from the El Porto parking lot so that area is kind of nostalgic for me. I wonder if there’s race day registration… it’s a bit of a haul from San Diego so I’m hesitating to just dive in.

12. Pingback: Core>>Operation Jack Marathon Wrap-Up » Operation Jack Marathon Wrap-Up

13. Pingback: Operation Jack Half Marathon « The Cookie Diet Review