Merry Christmas from my flock to yours!

I have really been working hard to get back into the fitness swing of things. Being a lucky bird and having three weeks off from work, I know I can get back in the groove and I’m really excited about it. I ran Friday and Saturday morning, IN THE RAIN. Big step for me. I also went to the gym both those days. The good soreness is back and I’ve officially kicked off training for the LA Marathon! I will go over my plan and schedule in an upcoming post and will post tomorrow about my upcoming race, the day after Christmas.

This morning I had another encouraging run as well, and beat the rain and only ran in the drizzle. With 4.5 miles under my belt and another great workout session, I know this time off will really allow me to start training right and I’m really excited about it. Back to the grindstone and it feels great!

The other day I was tweeting a picture of my tree with all the pretty presents underneath. There’s one for my friend Tara under there so I text it to her so she could see it before I mailed it to her.

I told her to look under the dangly legs of the Flamingo and it was right there. I didn’t realize it but I have been collecting flamingos/flamingo themed things for a while. It was something that my mom and I liked because they were pink and we made them kind of represent Breast Cancer Awareness. So we liked them a lot and somehow this transformed into getting flamingo ornaments after she passed away from a few people, mostly my aunt. After Tara saw one, I told her I would take her on a Flamingo Tour of my tree! I had NO idea I had so many Flamingo Ornaments, but I LOVE them! So I thought I would share them with everyone!

First off, we have present flamingo with the Santa Hat. I don’t know why but the eye kind of creeps me out on this one.

Next is a little flamingo with a wreath around it’s neck, how festive and fitting on the tree!

Then we have a little flamingo who is out fishing and even has a fish and little flip flops.

Then we have his match carrying his fish and dressed in a bikini, with flip flops and a little grass skirt.

Another swimming flamingo in an inner tube and little goggles and flippers!

Santa is getting in the flamingo mood with a flamingo inner tube and some flippers!

Another innertubed flipper clad flamingo, this one has a little lei and a bikini too.

The ballerina flamingo! I love how sparkly this one is and I love the little crown. It’s even got little ballerina shoes!

A little fluffy flamingo with feathers!

Then we have dangly legs! This one is SO heavy that it looks like he’s hanging himself :(

Lastly, I have just a regular flamingo!

I love all the ornaments and really realized that this is a tradition that I have and I gladly am going to be looking for more flamingos to add to my flock!

Merry Christmas from my flock to yours!

21 Responses to Merry Christmas from my flock to yours!

1. Kelly says:

Your flamingo collection reminds me of my Ballerina collection. You’d think I was going to effing Julliard with the number of ballerinas I have. merry christmas friend!

2. Naomi says:

i love the flamingos! when i was little, my uncle was a cook at a restaurant called “flamingo’s” and at christmas they would have a tree with flamingo ornaments! reminds me of that! merry christmas!

3. Morgan says:

I love that they remind you of your mom!!!!I too love Flamingo’s, have many a flamingo ornament and actually I have a whole random collection of them in my work office and plan to have yard flamingo’s in my yard some day. :)

4. flamingos have a special place in my heart too. they’re the mascot of my sorority chapter in college… whenever i see them i think of friendship. :)

5. Aj says:

Aw your collection is so cute!

I need to hop back on the training bandwagon! Hopefully my granny hip has healed, haha! I can’t wait for the OC Half and I’m debating whether Long Beach should be my first full…I think I know where you stand on that!

6. Madison says:

Your flamingo ornament collection is most unique and fun. Plus it is so sweet that it was started with your mom. I really like that one with the crown too and that one with the pink feathers. Thanks for sharing this. There is just so much to you! Happy Holidays!!

7. Amira says:

aww I love flamingos :) Your collection is awesome !!

8. Demi says:

I kept scrolling down and down…more and more flamingos! I had no idea there were flamingo ornaments…great collection! Enjoy your time off. :)

9. Tara says:

That seriously was the best serioes of text message pics ever! Love all your flamingos and what they represent! ♥♥♥

10. Fantastic Flock!!! Love them! And I love that you and your mom started this wonderful tradition!!!

happy holidays!

aww! how cute! :)

12. Stuart says:

You are so going to move to Florida when you retire!

13. Tara says:

I love it! Very cute!

14. Kyra says:

Oriental Trading Co has more Christmas Flamingo orniments if you’re looking to expand the collection further

15. Page says:

D – I love all of your flamingos! It’s so funny because my dad is super into flamingos too! One year we surprised him and bought what seemed like hundreds of fake plastic flamingos and put them all over the yard. He woke up to his yard just covered! It was classic :)

Glad to hear the training is starting strong; can’t wait to read about your plan!

16. Miss E says:

I love your flamingos! What a fun collection! Merry Christmas to you, friend!

17. beth says:

I was in a Target earlier and they have a ton of flamingo ornaments for some reason (did you start a trend that fast?) – they are similar to the hula one you have up there.

18. Ali says:

I love those flamingos! That is such a fun thing to collect. When we put our tree up this year we realized we had a “thing” for sea shells painted into ornaments. Weird one, eh? :)

19. Alisa says:

Totally behind but I saw this one and I had to comment. I love flamingos!!!!!!! Cute tree!

Merry Christmas. Enjoy the rain, you can know what 9 months of my life are like every year =)

20. Kim says:

I love the flamingo themed tree! I have a similar theme, with star fish, shells and other coastal elements. I love Christmas trees, I just get said that I can’t have it up all year round :)

21. Sweet ornaments! We just got back from a week in San Diego and saw lots of cute pink flamingos. So appropriate for a California Christmas!